Star Citizen’s first playable module arrives with backers next week

Asgarth

What does everyone think of this, personally I am very excited although I haven't pledged yet because I am worried about the Computer Requirements if anyone could help me with that I would really appreciate it.

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/23/star-citizen-2/?utm_source=tw&utm_medium=emp&utm_campaign=uk

CPU: 4670K / Cooler: H100i / RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866MHz / Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 / GPU: MSI TF 780 Gaming Edition / Case: Corsair Vengence C70 / Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo & 2TB Seagate Barracuda / PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX750G

I can't wait! Can you imagine the feels, exploring your hangar and climbing into your spacecraft which you know that you will fly in due time, with 250 thousand other people

Fuck this, I should be working... And as I am a backer, I'm surely not getting anything done -.-'

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

I want that game so friggin bad

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I am so stoked to get a look in to my hanger this weekend.

GPU: Gigabyte HD7970 | Mobo: ASUS Z97i PLUS | CPU: 4790K

HDD: Samsung 1tb SSD | Disp: 3x Asus 23.6" 1080p

RAM: 16gb Kingston Hyper X | Case: None

I need some advice shall I get 770 for this game or wait for 9000 series @CoolBeans

CPU: 4670K / Cooler: H100i / RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengence Pro 1866MHz / Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 / GPU: MSI TF 780 Gaming Edition / Case: Corsair Vengence C70 / Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo & 2TB Seagate Barracuda / PSU: EVGA SuperNova NEX750G

I can imagine the poor performance. But as our GPU's get better then the game will perform better (I hope anyway). I just hope this game doesn't perform like Arma 3 (great game-poor performance).

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I need some advice shall I get 770 for this game or wait for 9000 series @CoolBeans

I think it's going to use PhysX (don't quote me on that) so I would go for an Nvidia GPU. It probably won't be for particle effects but rather the simulations could be run on PhysX. Arma 3 uses PhysX for calculations.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I think it's going to use PhysX (don't quote me on that) so I would go for an Nvidia GPU. It probably won't be for particle effects but rather the simulations could be run on PhysX. Arma 3 uses PhysX for calculations.

http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=5490&game=Star%20Citizen&p_make=Intel&gc_make=Nvidia&p_deriv=Core+i5-2435M+2.4GHz&gc_deriv=GeForce+GT+525M&laptop=1#systemRequirements

That could be true?

Not interested in the slightest in this game, I dont see why its gotten so much money....

Been on the website and the store stuff is expensive....

I can imagine getting bored very quickly in this game.

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Wasn't there an article yesterday about how the ps4 can run this game at max settings?

If thats the case, a 770 will work totally fine.

The beta might be a little laggy because of the lack of optimization but, you'll totally be able to play the game with even a 7870 IMO

Just not at full settings.

I have a 770 and i'm gonna get the game, so i'll let you know how it runs.

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

Not interested in the slightest in this game, I dont see why its gotten so much money....

I wish there was a dislike button.  :mellow:

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

Why?

Because this game is the best thing ever right (for some reason I can't put my finger on) according to most "gamers".

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B

Why?

Because this game is the best thing ever right (for some reason I can't put my finger on) according to most "gamers".

No, it just looks hella fun and awesome.

If space exploration and realistic space fighting isn't your cup of tea, than your one of the few.

A game like this wont replace a game like bioshock infinite, (Best game ever IMO) or a game like half life.

But its gonna be awesome and i cant wait to play it.

I can see why you would think you could get bored easily but i dont think it will be that type of game.

A game like hawken is a game you get bored at easily, not this one.

I truthfully don't understand how one could not be "interested in the slightest" toward this game.

It sounds like your the one over exaggerating, Purposely going against the hype, only because there is so much of it.

eh, he's entitled to his opinion on the game and the fact that he laid down his reasoning is enough.

a game - no matter how good - is very much a personal preference, either you like it or not depends on the person itself :)

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

It seemed like just going against hype rather than an opinion to me.

No, it just looks hella fun and awesome.

-snip-

"realistic space fighting" yeh sure, I'll believe it when I see it through TRUE gameplay, from the stuff I've looked at you are either locked in the spaceship so the cockpit takes up most the screen or its zoomed out like that SPAZ game except you can go in any direction with lazer beams added on.

Yes Bioshock (all of them, well 2 wasn't so good but it was good) is awesome.

It look's like a open world(space) game where you just fly around aimlessly and do stuff....

How fast are these spaceships moving through space though? near lightspeed? GL exploring space (its space..its kinda big you know) in a slow spaceship, and if its super fast to the point where you can travel to solar systems within minutes (or w/e you decide to do) ,its not realistic is it...

And no its not just going against the hype.

I like sim's games and other simulators but this just seems very boring and long winded and expensive on top of that.

Can I pledge when I get my new PC in October and still get the Beta and stuff because at the minute I use a Dell XPS 15 with a GT525M :(

"realistic space fighting" yeh sure, I'll believe it when I see it through TRUE gameplay, from the stuff I've looked at you are either locked in the spaceship so the cockpit takes up most the screen or its zoomed out like that SPAZ game except you can go in any direction with lazer beams added on.

Yes Bioshock (all of them, well 2 wasn't so good but it was good) is awesome.

It look's like a open world(space) game where you just fly around aimlessly and do stuff....

How fast are these spaceships moving through space though? near lightspeed? GL exploring space (its space..its kinda big you know) in a slow spaceship, and if its super fast ,its not realistic is it...

And no its not just going against the hype.

I like sim's games and other simulators but this just seems very boring.

Now there is an opinion 

Can I pledge when I get my new PC in October and still get the Beta and stuff because at the minute I use a Dell XPS 15 with a GT525M :(

Im wondering the same thing.

Could everone who have pledged post what they have got please? Just wondering

I wish there was a destroy this person's soul button

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

I'm waiting until the release to make a decision. I bet I've changed my computer a couple of times by then (2020 was it?) :p

I need a USB-refrigerator for my beer