FIRST BLOOD - Linus Tech Tips Forum Badges Now Available

LinusTech

There u go, have 10 box. I'm sorry but I've really gotta save up a bit ;P

The main reason we removed the viewability of other First Blood badge holders is that we didn't want it to turn into an ego measuring contest for "who has one and who doesn't" and it felt like having a centralized list would increase the risk of FB members turning into a clique or something.

If people really want to know how much support we get during the First Blood campaign, I don't mind updating at the end along with a rough outline of our plan for the money whether it's to use it to buy products that we can't get samples of (a big problem for us right now is we have a limited number of manufacturers that seed us with stuff so our content can get unbalanced that way in the long term) or to get some new equipment.

linus, you should make the pink badge free labor on a custom built pc from  linus/team assuming they provide the parts.

My Setup:

CPU: I7-3930k @ 4.5GHz | Cooling: Corsair H100 in PP /w NF-F12 | MOBO: Asus P9X79 WS LGA 2011 | RAM  32 GB Mushkin Redline @  2133  | GPU:  (2) Sapphire 7970 GHz 6G edition | Case:  NZXT Switch 810 | Storage: Raid 0: Mushkin ssd total 480 GB | PSU: XFX ProSeries 1250W

Displays: (3) Acer GD235HZbid (120 hz) with a Ergotech Triple Monitor ArmStand /w telescoping wings | Keyboard: Xarmor black backlight mechanical with cherry blues | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD  | Sound: Logitech 5.1 Z-5500 and Astro A-40's

linus, you should make the pink badge free labor on a custom built pc from  linus/team assuming they provide the parts.

I think they probably have there hands full....

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

The main reason we removed the viewability of other First Blood badge holders is that we didn't want it to turn into an ego measuring contest for "who has one and who doesn't" and it felt like having a centralized list would increase the risk of FB members turning into a clique or something.

If people really want to know how much support we get during the First Blood campaign, I don't mind updating at the end along with a rough outline of our plan for the money whether it's to use it to buy products that we can't get samples of (a big problem for us right now is we have a limited number of manufacturers that seed us with stuff so our content can get unbalanced that way in the long term) or to get some new equipment.

Use it to get better internet, so the WAN show no longer gets throttled. lol

P.S. I'd love to help out, unfortunately I'm broke right now... :(

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Bam. made my donation. How long does it usually take for your badge to show up?

mine showed up the next day so it should be there tomorrow.

I look forward to getting my exclusive physX badge soon but I can only donate $1 per month for it.  PhysX rules.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Bought a sliver badge for $26. 

Payed the extra $1 in hope that Linus will get a better internet connection and feed Slick  ;)

Asus Acer Gigabyte MSI ASRock hTC Benq Avermedia D-link Thermaltake ADATA VIA  Foxconn LITE-ON ECS RiTek Realtek TSMC Transcend Quanta Enermax Ducky In-Win SilverStone G.SKILL Cooler Master QNAP Sea Sonic

What do these companies have in common?

They are all from Taiwan and Awesome!

:o  :o  :o  :o WHO GOTS THE PINK  :ph34r:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690k @4.2Ghz w/ Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti | Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PSU: Seasonic G750 80+ Gold | Storage: Samsung 840 250GB, Sandisk Ultra II 960gb, WD Green 4TB, Samsung EcoGreen 2TB

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4670k @4 Ghz w/ Corsair H80i | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 8GB | GPU: Palit 1080Ti

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | PSU: Corsair CXM 600W PSU 80+ Bronze | Storage: Corsair Force GS 240GB SSD

You guys need to set up recurring donations when this is over. I'm sure we can keep the forum costs break-even - or even profitable - that way. Would gladly chip in a couple hundred dollars a year if that means keeping things healthy, communities like these need to be kept alive for the sake of the greater good.

Cheers,

Linus

How long are the badges available until? The end of August? The end of September?

agreed, please tell us, I would like to help and get the badge, but I'm skint :P

agreed, please tell us, I would like to help and get the badge, but I'm skint :P

It has to be 30 days from when the news got out, alot of people don't get their paycheck until the first.

I need a USB-refrigerator for my beer

So where is the hyperlink to purchase the badges. Slick should create 4 donate HTML PayPal buttons and post the buttons in a prominent area to be easy found. Want to support the LinusTech group some how.

Michael Summers

Michael Summers

CaseObsidian 900D  MOBORampage IV Extreme CPU:  i7-4960X Ivy Bridge-E 3.6GHz  RAM:: Vengeance Pro 32GB  Boot : RAID 0  840 Pro  512GB  Data:  RAID 10 WD Red  2TB PS: Corsair : AX1200 GPU:  ASUS  GTX-780 Ti

Birthday Gift from my wife - She made me order it and built it :-)

So where is the hyperlink to purchase the badges. Slick should create 4 donate HTML PayPal buttons and post the buttons in a prominent area to be easy found. Want to support the LinusTech group some how.

Michael Summers

UZRCOn0.png

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Do you have somthing else then paypal?

PayPal is pretty much easiest option since billing throught credit cards or via bank transfer costs too much for "seller". And from international bank accounts there will be extra payments for banks. Or to credit card company. And then there's small thing called anonymity.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'm glad we get an opportunity to help!

You've no idea how bad I want that pink one :P Maybe next time

CPU: Intel 3930K @ 4.6GHz || MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS || GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX Titans || CASE: Fractal Design Define XL R2 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum @ 2100 MHz || Storage: 240GB Samsung 840 Pro & 2TB Seagate Barracuda || Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Peripherals: Samsung S27B970D - Asus PB23HQ - Logitech MX Revolution - Corsair K95 - Samson Meteor Mic - Logitech C920 - Bowers&Wilkins MM-1

They should buy 3d scanner and 3d printer and start print some weird stuff for community >.<

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

Are you really not refunding those who donated over 500$ and now might not get the badge?!

We were given an option to get our $500 refunded if we so desired.

Cheers,

Linus

We were given an option to get our $500 refunded if we so desired.

Ah, ok. Int the live stream it sounded more like 'bad luck guys' ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log