pc random shutdown

Paavan

hello, my computer randomly turns off. No messages or anything, and its only when under load. Ive been using the same overclock on my phenom for six months and nothing ever happened. The only thing I changed recently was the gpu. I switched from a 6870 to a xfx dd 7970 ghz edition. I uninstalled the old drivers, and properly installed the new ones. By the way my psu is a 600w coolmax. Thanks to anyone who can help

Edit: The only was to Turn my pc back on is to unplug and turn of the psu, hold the power button for 8 seconds, then plug in and turn on the psu, only then it will turn on when I press the power button.

I have never heard about Coolmax PSUs, sound like it might be dying. Do you have the possibility to try another PSU?. Other then that make sure all your power cables are in their sockets securely.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

To my knowledge, Coolmax have a pretty short life span. When it's running can you hear any audible sounds coming from it (a whine or a heavy spin sound)?

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

first thing to do is get rid of your overclock....and test it to see you computer is stable....if it is the overclock is now a problem

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

my psu makes a noticable buzz sound

Sounds like your PSU is dying. Disable all overclock and overvoltages to see if that helps, but my best recommendation is to buy a new PSU.

my cpu is actually undervolted, and my gpu is voltagge locked

my cpu is actually undervolted, and my gpu is voltagge locked

Then I guess you need to by a new PSU. It would be a good thing if you could try another PSU in the system, just so you can be sure.

would the fact that my gpu wont overclock have anything to do with my faulty psu

Would be a separate problem. Just from the edit you added, it screams PSU. If you can swing it, I would say pick up a new PSU and see where it goes. 

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide