be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 fans won't be available this year [2015] anymore!

Senzelian
Go to solution Solved by Pat-Roner,

Super old post, but just talked with Be Quiet! And they are now scheduled for a q2 release.

So I actually thought this would've been posted already a long time ago on the forum, but it seems I was wrong.

Anyways on the 26th of september this year Chris from beQuiet! said in a tweet, that they won't release the Silent Wings 3 fan this year anymore.
We've seen the Silent Wings 3 already on Computex 2015, which were announced for Oktober 2015.
be Quiet! does already make use of these fans in their higher end power supplies.

It is already known that these fans will use a 3-phase / 6-slot motor design, just like we've seen in EVGA's ACX 2.0 cooler. Most fans today use 2-phase / 4-slot cooler designs.

I would really like to get my hands finally on those fans. Because of their new motor I'm really excited. Maybe it will be the ultimate fan I always dreamed of.  ;)

Update:

We will be getting the Silent Wings 3 fans next year.
I asked Chris about why they aren't available and he told me they will be available at the beginning of next year.

Translation:

• Me: "Why are we getting the SW3 not this year anymore? [...]"
  • Chris: "I think it's sad, too. But will arrive at the beginning of next year."
Edited by Blade of Grass
Updated title

Well, let's keep waiting, I suppose...

*adopts foetal position and sits in corner, rocking back and forth*

Waiting... and waiting.... and waiting....

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Well, let's keep waiting, I suppose...

*adopts foetal position and sits in corner, rocking back and forth*

Waiting... and waiting.... and waiting....

I asked Chris on twitter why we're not getting them this year anymore. Hopefully I'll get an answer. If so, I'll post it here.

I asked Chris on twitter why we're not getting them this year anymore. Hopefully I'll get an answer. If so, I'll post it here.

Great, thanks. Damn it, I really wanted to see those fans.

"I don't care about the 980 Ti Lightning, or the 5960X, or that 18-core Xeon, or that Fury X. Just give me new case fans, damnit! :P "

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Great, thanks. Damn it, I really wanted to see those fans.

"I don't care about the 980 Ti Lightning, or the 5960X, or that 18-core Xeon, or that Fury X. Just give me new case fans, damnit! :P "

Yup, for me it's really the same.

When I was watching all the new releases this year I was always like: "WHO CARES?! GIVE ME A SW3!!!"

I was so happy when I saw Tek Syndicates video of Computex this year and some guy from bQ said we would get them this month. And then I saw this tweet...

giphy.gif

Lol I understand you all I just need some of these fans and I hope my build will feel "done" but I doubt it every will

Just buy like 5 be quiet PSUs and take the Wings 3 out of the PSU and hope that the sales person doesn't detect the missing fans from the PSU. :)

Just buy like 5 be quiet PSUs and take the Wings 3 out of the PSU and hope that the sales person doesn't detect the missing fans from the PSU. :)

Do you think anyone would actually notice a difference if you would replace them with Silent Wings 2s?  :lol:

• 3 months later...

Super old post, but just talked with Be Quiet! And they are now scheduled for a q2 release.

Ncase M1 V3         Samsung Evo 850 2

Spoiler

50gb

Spoiler
Spoiler

2x8gb Corsair LPX 2400mhz

Msi z170i AC pro

Be quiet Shadow Rock LP                     Noctua NF-F12 x12 x3

Be Quiet Sile

nt Wings 3 x2

Corsair Commander Pro

Intel i7 6700k

Samsung Evo 960 256gb                 Corsair SF-450

Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming w/ Arctic Accelero Extreme 3

Samsung Evo 850 500gb

Noctua Redux NF-B9 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry to revive this again. but I e-mailed them on 4th April and the reply said they're due for a Q3 release

48 minutes ago, Purple_Skies said:

Sorry to revive this again. but I e-mailed them on 4th April and the reply said they're due for a Q3 release

Yeah I know, but thanks.
But they also said this summer, so either in July or August. :)

• 1 month later...

Seems like the launch should coincide with the release of their new Dark Base 900 cases, which also feature the fans.  If I recall correctly they're slated for release around that time.

Edit: Here's an overview of the Dark Base 900.  Case is supposed to release at the end of June.  So I'm assuming they'll release the fans as the same time, unless they don't have enough supply.

Decent pictures here:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10355/be-quiet-introduces-new-flagship-silent-base-900-chassis

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

10 hours ago, EncryptedCurse said:

Made an account just to post here.

Looks like they're coming in June:

Where did you get that information from? 

I hope it's true *~*

1 hour ago, EncryptedCurse said:

I just emailed them.

Ouh nice.
I just saw today the announcement for the Silent Base 900 on Twitter and that it uses SW3 fans :)

Corsair has also new high performance fans, but I'm sure the Silent Wings 3 will be overall better.

I just got this message from Be Quiet on face.

Be Quiet, why must you drag this on for so long.

Weird waiting so long for a freaking FAN.

2016-06-08_11-46-38.png

Spoiler

50gb

Spoiler
Spoiler

Msi z170i AC pro

Be Quiet Sile

nt Wings 3 x2

Corsair Commander Pro

Intel i7 6700k

Samsung Evo 850 500gb

Noctua Redux NF-B9 1

5 hours ago, skjetne said:

I just got this message from Be Quiet on face.

Be Quiet, why must you drag this on for so long.

Weird waiting so long for a freaking FAN.

2016-06-08_11-46-38.png

Apparently they were optimizing their fans over the last couple of months.I bet the one that are in their new case isn't even the last version. 

• 2 months later...

Just read on their facebook page that they're releasing them this week! Finally

Spoiler

50gb

Spoiler
Spoiler

Msi z170i AC pro

Be Quiet Sile

nt Wings 3 x2

Corsair Commander Pro

Intel i7 6700k

Samsung Evo 850 500gb

Noctua Redux NF-B9 1

1 hour ago, skjetne said:

Just read on their facebook page that they're releasing them this week! Finally

Yes! It was about time. 

I already preordered three of them. 

On 15. august 2016 at 5:30 PM, Senzelian said:

Yes! It was about time. 

I already preordered three of them. 

yeah, just ordered 5 and they got shipped today. 

Geez what a nerd I am.

Spoiler

50gb

Spoiler
Spoiler

Msi z170i AC pro

Be Quiet Sile

nt Wings 3 x2

Corsair Commander Pro

Intel i7 6700k

Samsung Evo 850 500gb

Noctua Redux NF-B9 1