Your Graphics Card Company?

Khajiit Dealer

Depends when you bought it. The R9 390 is slightly better at 1080p, and gets better at resolutions above that. The 970 is still an excellent card though, probably the best of the 900 series, despite the 3.5GB full speed vRAM "issue"

Picked it up a few weeks ago from eBay. I'm sure for what I'm doing it's a more than capable card. I thought about selling it again and getting a 980ti, but I figure I'll wait for Pascal or whatever else comes along after that. AMD might be a better choice in a year or two, it might not. I'll see how things shake out when it's time to upgrade again :)

This is NOT meant to be a thread fighting over which company is better. I'm just wondering where this forum is leaning in terms of owned Graphics Cards.

I used to use AMD as there cheaper per FPS sorta thing but the amount of troubles 'I' have had with driver updates and cause of that killing my windows installer i switched to Nvidia and haven't had 1 problem since.

Not saying you should never buy AMD im just saying whats happened to me over 3 different computers

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

I have the most powerful graphic set up in the world hands down, no this isnt a troll. Sadly to say its not green or red. Its the pink team

Why isn't this gpu's maker one of the choices!?

photoshop in 90s

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 because bang for your buck :D no hate on team red but what they have dosent suit me, also im thinking of getting a shield just for game stream :) so it was an obvius choice to go with NVIDIA for me

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I've got a 980 Ti because it's the best gaming card on the market ATM.

Arcturus(log here): Intel Core i7 6700K // MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G(1454/1995) // Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB //  MSI XPower Gaming Titanium Edition // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB // WD Black 2TB // Corsair 760T // Corsair RM850i

Got me a Sapphire HD 7970Ghz 6GB Toxic edition here :D.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

nVidia all day errrrr day.

nVidia suits my needs for the here and now, as I upgrade every cycle. Instead of "developing for the future" 3 years from now. I just don't need an inferior product as nV has the best flagships that suit my needs.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM