Tips on saving application file data before clean installing?

Sharif
Go to solution Solved by Toxicable,

I want to perform a clean install of windows 10,just to start anew and hope the flashing white screen stop after waking up from sleep (All the posts I found claims to have also upgraded to windows 10 but not clean installed to windows 10) 

Tips on these category

• Copying Application user settings files and recopying them back after reinstall?
  • Find all my apps and bulk downloading installation files? 
  • Should I use windows media creation tool directly from windows to flush install or burn it in a usb method? (Also will the reset windows option in windows,do the same thing?) 
  • Any other tip to save me hassle and trouble would really be appreciated :)  

From what I know some applications store their settings in different places, some on the install directory and some in AppData so it would be a App by App basis.

There is a website (sorry cant remember the name of it, just google this question) that you can select the programs you want to download and it will download all the exe's for you and package them into one continuous lot of installers - not much of a timer saver imo

Windows media creation tool makes you create a bootable USB

If you do a clean install from windows it prompts you to use their media creation tool - I think

If I were you i'd keep nothing from my current install apart from either Uni work or coding protect save files(which are all saved on Google Drive anyway), everything else i'd spend the time to reconfigure

I want to perform a clean install of windows 10,just to start anew and hope the flashing white screen stop after waking up from sleep (All the posts I found claims to have also upgraded to windows 10 but not clean installed to windows 10) 

Tips on these category

• Copying Application user settings files and recopying them back after reinstall?
  • Should I use windows media creation tool directly from windows to flush install or burn it in a usb method? (Also will the reset windows option in windows,do the same thing?) 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Tips on these category

From what I know some applications store their settings in different places, some on the install directory and some in AppData so it would be a App by App basis.

There is a website (sorry cant remember the name of it, just google this question) that you can select the programs you want to download and it will download all the exe's for you and package them into one continuous lot of installers - not much of a timer saver imo

If you do a clean install from windows it prompts you to use their media creation tool - I think

If I were you i'd keep nothing from my current install apart from either Uni work or coding protect save files(which are all saved on Google Drive anyway), everything else i'd spend the time to reconfigure

You are thinking of ninite.

Steve Wozniak - "Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window."                                                                                                                                               Carl Sagan - "If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."

Spoiler

CPU: Core i5 6600K Cooling: NH-D14 Motherboard: GA-Z170XP-SLI RAM: 8GB Patriot Graphics: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4G Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda PSU: Threamaltake Smart 750W

My computer runs on MSX, Its very hard to catch.

I was afraid that would be true,last time I did a fresh install (MIgration from Pirated W7 to a genuine copy of w8) ,I copied all the progam files and re-installed them all,only to find most of them,needed to be reconfigured (AppData didn't come to mind as it is hidden)

Which option should I take,clean install from within windows using windows media creation tool or clean install from a bootable USB stick made with windows media creation tool as well  

-As I upgraded,from what I read I should skip the key part as it will validate itself online.I want to make sure something,is it going to be validated with my email or another way? 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

I was afraid that would be true,last time I did a fresh install (MIgration from Pirated W7 to a genuine copy of w8) ,I copied all the progam files and re-installed them all,only to find most of them,needed to be reconfigured (AppData didn't come to mind as it is hidden)

Which option should I take,clean install from within windows using windows media creation tool or clean install from a bootable USB stick made with windows media creation tool as well  

-As I upgraded,from what I read I should skip the key part as it will validate itself online.I want to make sure something,is it going to be validated with my email or another way? 

Both of those are the same thing, windows will navigate you to download that progam from memory

Yes skipping the key on install is correct, as soon as it's connected to the net it'll validate your key, you wont get a email or anything but oyu can check it by going to Update & Security > Activation There it will say Windows is activated or not

for programs

what I backup..is the appdata folder

and the programdata folder...but only for the programs that are a pain to reconfig

I also browse the program files folder for the programs and look for config files for some programs that don't store it else where

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Both of those are the same thing, windows will navigate you to download that progam from memory

Yes skipping the key on install is correct, as soon as it's connected to the net it'll validate your key, you wont get a email or anything but oyu can check it by going to Update & Security > Activation There it will say Windows is activated or not

Okay Thanks for everything 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD