NZXT Hue with White LEDs.

CurlyCucumber

Hey everyone.

I was wondering if the NZXT Hue was capable of making a nice white light. I don't want a warm white light.

I'm going for something like this. Is it capable of making that kind of light since it's RGB?kc2K9cF.jpg

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

Whoa! Those are bright.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I doubt it, any RGB lighting can't make a 100% white color, it's either a purple-ish or blue-ish color.

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240

Blue-ish white.

source: I just tried on mine.

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

Yes you can all 3 colors at full is total white!

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

Yes you can all 3 colors at full is total white!

Nope.

The LED's on the hue, when all set to max produce a blue-ish white colour that has nothing to do with the one on top.

Case: Define R4 (Black - Window) | PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Gold | Motherboard: ASUS Z97 Deluxe | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250GB) | CPU: Intel i7 4790K (Devil's Canyon) Delidded with CLU  GPU: ASUS STRIX 980 TI | Cooler: Corsair H100i with CLU | Extra: NZXT Hue

So I'd have to get like, a white led strip? The blueish white might actually look good, since I have a blue and black build theme.

My baby| CPU: Core i5-4690K  |  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  |  CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Plus |   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | GPU: MSI R9 390  |  RAM: 16 GB - G.Skill Ripjaws X |

We brawlers are sustained by willpower, even if mocked as reckless and crazy! - Kamina

So I'd have to get like, a white led strip? The blueish white might actually look good, since I have a blue and black build theme.

Uhm. I'd still recommend a good quality white strip instead, the brightness of the Hue and the LED density aren't that great, good for cycling colours but not so much for static ones.

Uhm. I'd still recommend a good quality white strip instead, the brightness of the Hue and the LED density aren't that great, good for cycling colours but not so much for static ones.

Will do. Do you have any pictures of your PC?

Yeah the ones on my deepcool rgb isn't as bright. At full brightness, it has a bit of blue hue to it even though it's set to white.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

Hey everyone.

I was wondering if the NZXT Hue was capable of making a nice white light. I don't want a warm white light.

I'm going for something like this. Is it capable of making that kind of light since it's RGB?

You end up with a bluish white as others have said RGB LED's produce a "dirty" white as many call it since it combines all three RGB lights to produce white light, so if your going for white it's best to get an all white LED strip or RGBW led strips that have an extra dioide in the chip that just produces pure white light and RGB colors.

I have the Hue in my system. All 3 colors at full give a blue-ish tint to the white light. If you turn the blue down a couple of notches, it will take some of the blue away but it's still not entirely perfect.

If you're planning to have a constant why light, get some decent bright white LED strips.

EVE (My Gaming Build)

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Ranger - CPU: Intel i5 4690k @ Stock Speeds - Cooling: Phanteks TC-12DX - PSU: Corsair RM750 - GPU: MSI GTX 1070 - Storage: 1x 120gb Samsung 830 Evo SSD (OS Drive) | 1x 120gb Hyperx 3k SSD (Audio Editing) | 1x 480gb Sandisk Ultra II SSD (Games) | 1x 1TB Hard Drive (Mass Storage) - Case: NZXT Phantom 530 - Misc: NZXT Hue RGB LED and controller

You end up wiht a bluish white as others have said RGB LED's produce a "dirty" white as many call it since it combines all three RGB lights to produce white light, so if your gong for white it's best to get an all white LED strip or RGBW led strips that have an extra dioide in the chip that just produces pure white light and RGB colors.

Ah alright! I didn't know about RGBW strips. I might go for that, actually.

I have the Hue in my system. All 3 colors at full give a blue-ish tint to the white light. If you turn the blue down a couple of notches, it will take some of the blue away but it's still not entirely perfect.

If you're planning to have a constant why light, get some decent bright white LED strips.

Will do!

I have the HUE, as mentioned above, when all knobs are turned to the max the white is slightly tinted blue but you can dial blue down and you will achieve just the perfect white for you. That#s the comfort of the HUE, you can change the colour in very small increments...

Edit: another advantage: since the HUE mixes his colours from RGB, all the red, green or blue parts in your build will reflect their respective colour and light up very vibrant.

who cares...

I have the HUE, as mentioned above, when all knobs are turned to the max the white is slightly tinted blue but you can dial blue down and you will achieve just the perfect white for you. That#s the comfort of the HUE, you can change the colour in very small increments...

Edit: another advantage: since the HUE mixes his colours from RGB, all the red, green or blue parts in your build will reflect their respective colour and light up very vibrant.

I think I might get the Hue, since I actually do want a little bit of blue light in there. Still deciding though. A friend of mine has a Hue, I'll see if I like it. If not, I'll get a RGBW strip.

Nope.

The LED's on the hue, when all set to max produce a blue-ish white colour that has nothing to do with the one on top.

If you set, good decent quality RGB leds to max on all 3 colors then it is white.

No debate here! ^^

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

RGB can make white, but you will NEVER get a brilliant white, as it uses Red, Green and Blue to archive the white, so at some angles or when the light is reflected on something such as heat sink, shiny silver stickers, pcb solder, you may get one of three colours (Red, Green, Blue) reflecting on it.

Best way to archive white is by using white leds, you can get RGBW (Red Green Blue White) LED strips that contain white leds either in the same housing as the RGB, or in a separate housing next to it or buy a separate white LED strip and run it alongside the RGB strip.

I am planning on making a video on this next month explaining all the pros and cons about all the types of lighting for computers.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.