Cant overclock on H81m-p33 using G3258!

I just builded new pc using Haswell g3258 and MSI H81m-p33. I tryed to change volatge to 1.3 and cpu ratio to 4.0ghz. I have good deepcool cooler with 2 copperpipes so i know ho hard i could go. I searched everywhere but didnt find the right one. I updated all drivers. I didnt updated Bios cause it was already on 1.9 version. On Msi site is sayd that 1.9 was latest BIOS for Windows 7 64bit. Any help. I would like to someone explain how it works. Not just a video on youtube cause i alredy tryed everything.

I just builded new pc using Haswell g3258 and MSI H81m-p33. I tryed to change volatge to 1.3 and cpu ratio to 4.0ghz. I have good deepcool cooler with 2 copperpipes so i know ho hard i could go. I searched everywhere but didnt find the right one. I updated all drivers. I didnt updated Bios cause it was already on 1.9 version. On Msi site is sayd that 1.9 was latest BIOS for Windows 7 64bit. Any help. I would like to someone explain how it works. Not just a video on youtube cause i alredy tryed everything.

I doubt that a H81 mobo can go to 1.3V if my Z97 PC MATE can't and you can't really expect anything 1.3V+ with that mobo

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

When i chNged voltage to 1.3 it was displayed as red colored text. Does that mean that i overpowering it?

Will the G3258 4.0ghz not boot at 1.1v-1.2v ? Do you need 1.3v ? or did you only try 1.3v ? That's a lot of juice for such a low OC.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

When i chNged voltage to 1.3 it was displayed as red colored text. Does that mean that i overpowering it?

Probably your motherboard can't handle 1.3V and why do you need that much voltage most people don't even touch past 1.3V start much lower for voltage like 1.1V-1.2V

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

But what you mean by 1.1-1.2 You mean like 1.001, 1,002,1,003....    And intel extreme tuning does not allowing me to unlock overcloking. When i restart computer it sayd unlocking overclocking failed. Any more ides and i have cracked windows 7 ultimate. Does in effect something?

Will the G3258 4.0ghz not boot at 1.1v-1.2v ? Do you need 1.3v ? or did you only try 1.3v ? That's a lot of juice for such a low OC.

I tryed 1.3 and 1.2 but i dont remember what ratio i used. May be i used 4.1 maybe 4.0

You cannot exceed 1.2Vcore on H81. Doing so will result in instability. Put the Vcore at 1.2v, and put the multiplier to x38. Test with Linpack (LinX) doing 15 minute runs at 50% of your max memory amount. For example: If you have 8gb, do a 4096 workload. If it passes after 15 minutes, change multiplier to 39, and go again. Keep going until you blue screen. Once you do, go back to the last known stable speed, and run an 8 to 24 hour prime95 (depending on what you consider stable) test and pray that it works.

With 1.2V, you should easily be able to achieve 4.0ghz, as most people can. I can achieve 3.8ghz on 1.08V (my stock VID) not touching voltage at all. However, i hit a wall at 1.2V of 4.2ghz. To go beyond 4.2ghz, i would need more voltage, which i refuse to do (even though it would be perfectly safe to do so).

That being said, do not just try 4.2ghz on 1.2V. Every CPU is different, and your results will vary. If you have any more questions, let me know.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

You cannot exceed 1.2Vcore on H81. Doing so will result in instability. Put the Vcore at 1.2v, and put the multiplier to x38. Test with Linpack (LinX) doing 15 minute runs at 50% of your max memory amount. For example: If you have 8gb, do a 4096 workload. If it passes after 15 minutes, change multiplier to 39, and go again. Keep going until you blue screen. Once you do, go back to the last known stable speed, and run an 8 to 24 hour prime95 (depending on what you consider stable) test and pray that it works.

With 1.2V, you should easily be able to achieve 4.0ghz, as most people can. I can achieve 3.8ghz on 1.08V (my stock VID) not touching voltage at all. However, i hit a wall at 1.2V of 4.2ghz. To go beyond 4.2ghz, i would need more voltage, which i refuse to do (even though it would be perfectly safe to do so).

That being said, do not just try 4.2ghz on 1.2V. Every CPU is different, and your results will vary. If you have any more questions, let me know.

Don't recommend prime95 as it pushes CPU too much(especially haswell). OP use ITEU for testing stability.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb
2nd  fastest i5 4670k in GPUPI for CPU - 100M

Don't recommend prime95 as it pushes CPU too much(especially haswell). OP use ITEU for testing stability.

But that's exactly the point, to push the CPU to the limit and make sure it'll never fail.

When you go to school, they don't give out easy tests for you to pass with flying colors, they give you hard questions to make sure that you are able to keep with the class. Same principle here.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

He is using a G3258. He will be fine. It lacks the instruction sets that cause too much heat. Using the stock intel cooler at 4.2ghz in an Azza Z ITX case, my G3258 never passes 70C. 

But that's exactly the point, to push the CPU to the limit and make sure it'll never fail.

When you go to school, they don't give out easy tests for you to pass with flying colors, they give you hard questions to make sure that you are able to keep with the class. Same principle here.

Prime95 can make CPU to use .1v-.2v more than set in bios. This can't be compared to school.

CPU-delided i5-4670k@4.6Ghz 1.42v R.I.P (2013-2015) MOBO-Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU-Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming@1582Mhz core/3744Mhz memory COOLING-Corsair H60 RAM-1x8Gb Crucial ballistix tactical tracer@2133Mhz 11-12-12-26  DRIVES-Kingston V300 60Gb, OCZ trion 100 120Gb, WD Red 1Tb

He is using a G3258. He will be fine. It lacks the instruction sets that cause too much heat. Using the stock intel cooler at 4.2ghz in an Azza Z ITX case, my G3258 never passes 70C.

But still ITEU is a good stress test. When I was using pre AVX Prime95 I could to 4h runs with ease, but games like bf3 crashed after 1h. With ITEU my CPU is rock stable after testing.

But still ITEU is a good stress test. When I was using pre AVX Prime95 I could to 4h runs with ease, but games like bf3 crashed after 1h. With ITEU my CPU is rock stable after testing.

Plenty of overclockers still use Prime95, and it is still my go-to stability test. I use LinX for the heavy math tests to test my dirty OC's, and once i hit instability, i back off a bit and give it a full P95 run on blend. If it survives for 8 hours, i consider it real world stable. That being said, G3258 is incapable of any AVX instructions, and will not have to worry about suffering the same heat risks as the other "full fledged" haswells. It will handle the tests just fine, even on stock cooling.

Okay guys. I would like to hear final answer from you about what to do?

My specs:

CPU: G3258 ( using deepcool cooler with 2 heat pipes)

MOBO: Msi H81m-p33

RAM: 8GB ddr 3

GPU: HD 5970

HDD: 1TB toshiba satleitr

PSU: Dunno, Some german 700w.

CASE: Zalman T4

And for final, Some one give me a link for Linx cause google finds only animals. Hope for helpful reply!

I have the same board. 1.085v at 4.2ghz is stable for general use. I haven't ran prime95 yet. Try 1.1v ... 1.100 volts. and 40x multi, aka, 4.0ghz.

i3-4170, H81 board, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M4, GTX 770, Xigmatek Vangaurd Case, Creative Titanium X-fi, Razer Carcharias, 500w PSU, 24" VA panel and a 42" IPS. Thinking about getting a plant.

I have the same board. 1.085v at 4.2ghz is stable for general use. I haven't ran prime95 yet. Try 1.1v ... 1.100 volts. and 40x multi, aka, 4.0ghz.

I will try it about in 2 days cause i am leaving city but if this will work on my motherboard i will be very thanful. I would like to ask what windows are you using? Cause i am on a windows 7 ultimate cracked one.