GTA V PC Textures loading slow

I have a problem, when I play GTA V the textures load slow, you get so close you can see how the textures load more and more, starting with a mesh and then layer by layer the texture get built until im really really close. Also all the edges are really bad and looks like they need like 8x MSAA to just get a little more smooth, those look bad at the same amount of distance.

The textures that load slow seem to be trees, lampposts, some building, and sometimes the road. And the distance to put it in perspectice is like after half of a 10 car garage if you're standing on the short side.

It is extremly annoying.

And its not my low-end CPU and GPU, as a friend with i7 4790K and 760 has the same problem while a friend with an old PC with a FX-4100 and the old version of 260X has a game that looks perfect, all his textures etc load and the edges are super smooth. I and the guy with the 760 tried his exact settings but we still had this issue.

Any help please!?!? I have done like 4 re-installs and im running 15.7.1 drivers.

I really want my GTA V to look good, I know it can, I just cant make it look good. Ive tried everything I can think of with no luck.

Worth to mention is, it looked pretty bad when I got it, then it looked perfect, then now its worse, and it feels like its much worse than it was before..

Mobo MSI X370 Carbon CPU Ryzen 7 1700 3.8GHz RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB 3000MHz GPU ASUS GTX 1070 Strix Case NZXT S340 Storage Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 - Seagate 1TB  PSU EVGA 750W Cooling NZXT Kraken X52 OS WIndows 10 Pro

Keyboard Arachnid Recore - Cherry MX Red Mouse Corsair M45  !!--GTA V--!!  

I have tried many things with this game . I have core i3 2120 and gtx 650 ti . When i lower the settings to normal I get 30-40 fps and when I ignore the vram usage in settings and increase the settings to high the graphics become much better and the fps goes from 30 to 50 . Don't know why it happens . Just give it a try . Put every thing except shadows and textures to high and increase the distance scaling in advanced video options to high and turn on the "Ignore the gpu memory" option . I hope it will work  :)

I have tried many things with this game . I have core i3 2120 and gtx 650 ti . When i lower the settings to normal I get 30-40 fps and when I ignore the vram usage in settings and increase the settings to high the graphics become much better and the fps goes from 30 to 50 . Don't know why it happens . Just give it a try . Put every thing except shadows and textures to high and increase the distance scaling in advanced video options to high and turn on the "Ignore the gpu memory" option . I hope it will work  :)

Playing on High already.. some Very High. Ill try what you said tho. :)

if this is multiplayer. then its server issues

Both Story Mode and Online.

Mobo MSI X370 Carbon CPU Ryzen 7 1700 3.8GHz RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB 3000MHz GPU ASUS GTX 1070 Strix Case NZXT S340 Storage Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 - Seagate 1TB  PSU EVGA 750W Cooling NZXT Kraken X52 OS WIndows 10 Pro

All it did was dropping my fps with like 10.. which meant I kept going down to below 25...

Slow hard drive. Didn't the Xbox 360 have the same problem off HDD? Well, my i5-2310 and R9 280 handle it perfectly, but that might be because the game lies on my system drive (Samsung 840 Evo).

Its on a brand new 7200RPM 1TB, my friend that has it looking perfect has it on an old HDD, his PC is like 3 years old. And if im not mistaken, my friend that has it looking as bad as for me, has it on a SSD..

EDIT: Did a benchmark on the harddrive, read speeds are 180MB/s average, which is normal.

Heyyo,

Try cranking your Anisotropic filtering please. Do it with your Catalyst Control Centre as in-game doesn't seem to work. It should hopefully force the game to load textures from farther away. These days Anisotropic filtering does not affect performance but will improve texture quality at a distance.

Otherwise? Try doing a defrag on your HDD just in case that is affecting performance.

Another thing to look at? Pagefile. You have 8GB of RAM which should be enough to run without a pagefile. You can try disabling it and see if that helps.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Heyyo,

Try cranking your Anisotropic filtering please. Do it with your Catalyst Control Centre as in-game doesn't seem to work. It should hopefully force the game to load textures from farther away. These days Anisotropic filtering does not affect performance but will improve texture quality at a distance.

Otherwise? Try doing a defrag on your HDD just in case that is affecting performance.

Another thing to look at? Pagefile. You have 8GB of RAM which should be enough to run without a pagefile. You can try disabling it and see if that helps.

Ill try to crank it up in CCC.

It does a defrag once per week I think, but Ill do it manually just in case.

I have no idea what pagefile is, can you explain that a bit more? :P

Heyyo,

Increasing it in CCC did no difference :(

Defragmentation increased my Read-speeds to 200MB/s but the game still load textures really slow and bad..

Heyyo,

I have no idea what pagefile is, can you explain that a bit more? :P

Sure mang. Pagefile essentially is a type of "virtual RAM" where it can substitute physical RAM (your 8GB DDR3) with reserved hard drive space. This works great on systems with less than 8GB of RAM... but on newer systems with 8GB of RAM or more? It can be disabled without issues. The only other reason to even have a 500MB pagefile is for blue screens. They can store the blue screen error codes for revision later to try and tackle the issue.

There's actually a more in-depth writeup about it here along with instructions on how to manage/disable it.

http://www.howtogeek.com/126430/htg-explains-what-is-the-windows-page-file-and-should-you-disable-it/

My guess? Your PC might be using pagefile over actual RAM. Since the pagefile is using your HDD which is a lot slower than RAM? That could be causing your popping.

If you don't feel comfortable disabling pagefile? You can always leave it at the minimum size of 500 MB in case you need BSOD dumps.

Heyyo,

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case

Hmm . then bad luck my friend . dont know how the heck this game is designed for pc.

Heyyo,

Sure mang. Pagefile essentially is a type of "virtual RAM" where it can substitute physical RAM (your 8GB DDR3) with reserved hard drive space. This works great on systems with less than 8GB of RAM... but on newer systems with 8GB of RAM or more? It can be disabled without issues. The only other reason to even have a 500MB pagefile is for blue screens. They can store the blue screen error codes for revision later to try and tackle the issue.

There's actually a more in-depth writeup about it here along with instructions on how to manage/disable it.

http://www.howtogeek.com/126430/htg-explains-what-is-the-windows-page-file-and-should-you-disable-it/

My guess? Your PC might be using pagefile over actual RAM. Since the pagefile is using your HDD which is a lot slower than RAM? That could be causing your popping.

If you don't feel comfortable disabling pagefile? You can always leave it at the minimum size of 500 MB in case you need BSOD dumps.

Reduced the pagefile to 500MB and no difference :( I dont know what the fuck is going on with GTA... Some people seem to have the problem and some not..

Heyyo,

Reduced the pagefile to 500MB and no difference :( I dont know what the fuck is going on with GTA... Some people seem to have the problem and some not..

One of the only other things to try? Nuke any trace of antivirus on your PC in case it is interfering. That also includes Microsoft Security Essentials if you have that running.

Hmm, one other thing to try? It's a bit of an annoying step sure but it'll remove any doubt if it's a software issue is to back up your important data (pics, save games, documents, etc.) and then reinstall windows from scratch. I know Windows 10 has a built in back to stock reset but for Windows 7? You'll need your install media.

Heyyo,

Heyyo,

One of the only other things to try? Nuke any trace of antivirus on your PC in case it is interfering. That also includes Microsoft Security Essentials if you have that running.

Hmm, one other thing to try? It's a bit of an annoying step sure but it'll remove any doubt if it's a software issue is to back up your important data (pics, save games, documents, etc.) and then reinstall windows from scratch. I know Windows 10 has a built in back to stock reset but for Windows 7? You'll need your install media.

Im running F-Secure antivirus, a paid version.

I rather not do that :/ Had windows 8.1, the problem existed there aswell, then I upgraded to Windows 10 and it stayed..

Heyyo,

Im running F-Secure antivirus, a paid version.

I rather not do that :/ Had windows 8.1, the problem existed there aswell, then I upgraded to Windows 10 and it stayed..

Well? One thing you can try with F-Secure then is i'm sure there's a way to ignore/whitelist the GTA V folder. Try doing that. It should help prevent F-Secure from scanning the files as they load.

Heyyo,

Heyyo,

Well? One thing you can try with F-Secure then is i'm sure there's a way to ignore/whitelist the GTA V folder. Try doing that. It should help prevent F-Secure from scanning the files as they load.

Disabled F-Secure and tried playing, no difference.. I might just buy it for PS4 or something.. Ill wait for the next patch and see, if its not better I might get it for PS4..

Disabled F-Secure and tried playing, no difference.. I might just buy it for PS4 or something.. Ill wait for the next patch and see, if its not better I might get it for PS4..

I had the same problem on ps4 I think my hard drive was failing tho I got a new one and it was fine

• 3 months later...

For me the only problem was the Shader Cache , you must to turn it OFF . It is in Right Click on the desktop>Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D settings>Scroll to find it > Shader Cache>OFF>Press Apply and you are good to go :) .

I am with I5 4690 and GTX 760 

Decrease Vram Hungry settings (MSAA) or Get an SSD

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)