Mice and Keyboard stops working when windows starts.

Tohges

Hi my usb mice and keyboard stops working when I get into the desktop. They work just fine in Bios but as I hit the desktop they stop working. And I have tried all the usb ports on the motherboard as well as the case. 

All help is greatly appreciated =D.  

You have to install the drivers for those.
Try and remote access the PC maybe, or even using a ps2 board.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

Is it just the keyboard and mouse? Or other peripherals too? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I suppose Windows 10 and on both USB 3 and USB 2, that's why I love PS/2 for situations like these, if you just installed Win10, you maybe be missing USB drivers.

Regards Elias N Martinez. | Graphic and motion design are my jobs. 3D modeling is my hobby. I do what I enjoy.  Skype: eliasnmartinez1 (please state that you are coming from LTT)

That's why u should always have a P\S2 adapter or such keyboard.

Use some non-usb per-s to reinstall your drivers.

P.S. I was in the same situation once, so I had to copy drivers from my laptop and paste them into 'windows' folder, using only my keyboard :D

You have to install the drivers for those.

Try and remote access the PC maybe, or even using a ps2 board.YEP

Is it just the keyboard and mouse? Or other peripherals too? 

I have a usb soundcard that works but even if the computer is off it is still on, so i dont know if that helps. I did however try with a friends mice and that did not work either. 

Drivers my friend, drivers....

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/