Google has trouble signing up TV networks for upcoming YouTube paid service

zMeul

source: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-20/google-s-youtube-signs-up-everyone-but-tv-for-new-paid-service

Google Inc.’s YouTube, which has signed up partners for a new paid video service, may find out by early next year whether its own Internet stars really are as valuable as those in Hollywood.
Partners accounting for more than 90 percent of YouTube viewing have signed on to the paid service, the company said in a statement. While the lineup includes home-grown celebrities and music videos, YouTube so far doesn’t have TV networks such as Fox, NBC and CBS, according to people with knowledge of the matter who asked not to be identified discussing the project.
TV staples like Fox’s “Futurama,” NBC’s “Parks & Recreation” and CBS’s “Under the Dome” are a featured part of competing products from Netflix Inc. and Amazon.com Inc. Without shows like those, YouTube’s commercial-free service will have to attract paying viewers with original series, music videos and thousands of its channels already available for free.

---

it looks like Google is forcing content creators to sign up for the new paid service if they want to continue on the ad-supported YT - very much a dick move from Google

no, I don't get it! I see no reason to subscribe to a paid YT service like I don't see the reason for Vessel doing the same thing - this is a recipe to lose viewership

let's say I search for a product review, since we are on a tech forum, if that content creator puts the review behind a paywall I will certainly look elsewhere because YT is not the only place to find reviews

Google has bent over screwing original content creators over BS copyright claims in favor of Hollywood and music industry and now the same industry doesn't even wanna hear about signing contracts - way to go Google  <_<

Well it is the main place to find good video reviews. But then we'll have the same thing as what happened with vessel, people taking the videos from the early access (or in this case from behind the pay wall) and uploading them else where.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

YouTube will never be a service for premium content. They should realise this.

It's got cats on it, playing piano.

First copyrights infringement , then cut down on the ad revenue to Youtubers ... Now this ... What the F Google or should I say Youtube ?

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ...