Can anyone help me with my windows phone ten technical preview problem? The wireless won't turn on and the 3g won't work for anything but calling.

waggythegeek

Pretty much what I just said in the title. I went to godownload updates, to see if one of them fixes my problems, but... No WiFi. How can I fix this?

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Pretty much what I just said in the title. I went to godownload updates, to see if one of them fixes my problems, but... No WiFi. How can I fix this?

Have you tried a factory reset?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

is it in flight mode or are you set on do not bother mode

nope

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Have you tried a factory reset?

nope, how would I do that?

ok then just rest it.

how?

is it in flight mode or are you set on do not bother mode

Never mind, my quiet hours look to be turned on. However, I can't find where to turn them off. Where is the setting?

well Im not sure you havent told us what kind of phone it is

software or hardware?

List you phone specs. Phone make and model, version of the softeware etc. The more you list the more help that can be offered.

I may be able to help you, but cant since I don't know what you have.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

List you phone specs. Phone make and model, version of the softeware etc. The more you list the more help that can be offered.

I may be able to help you, but cant since I don't know what you have.

nokia lumia 928

nokia lumia 928

1) Did you restart your phone after the update? Sometimes it takes a second restart to get an update to settle in.

2) If this did not work you can do the following;

To do a soft reset:

1. Press down the Volume Down + Power button
  2. Hold until your device vibrates (takes around 15 seconds)

To perform a hard reset: (Warning this will completely reset your phone to factory settings, erasing everything personal from your phone and can take as long as 1-4hrs to do, sometimes more)

1. Go to Settings > About
  2. Select reset your phone
  3. wait (this can take up to an hour or more)
  4. Your phone is as good as new

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER