How many PCs have you built?

brownninja97

I've built around 11-12.

Intel Core i7-4790k | ASUS 4GB GTX 970 | 32GB (4X8GB) DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum

ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + WD 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H100i | Windows 8.1 64bit

17-20 PC' build  since  1997 some mine some for other people 

2 Other than mine, though they are both high end rigs. My own has been taken apart and put back countless times.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

Thousands. Probably somewhere between 120,000-150,000 over a span of two years.

wow thats around 160 per day, how in the heck do you achieve that, kudos to you and that work ethic.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

wow thats around 160 per day, how in the heck do you achieve that, kudos to you and that work ethic.

I worked in mass PC production for 2 years for a well known OEM. It's fairly straightforward to build a specific configuration over and over. Once you've built a certain config a few times you get it down pretty easily to the point where you can build it in under a minute. The chassis supplier (Foxconn) usually had the motherboard & PSU pre-installed in the case, so there was a few seconds saved on that, though there was still extra some work because coolers, HDDs and ODDs usually also had to be screwed in (whereas modern designs now use tool-less clip installation). All in all it was just 6 basic stages of component installation. The average was usually around 300 systems in a standard 8 hour shift, the easiest designs could hit over 500 in a shift. Servers on the other hand... with configs calling for 16 hard drives you'd be lucky if you could finish 20 an hour. 

Very fun though, and I said this in another thread before, but I always chuckle when I see people freaking out over some things in the computer like CPU installation, how to hold it, etc. So even looking at how many computers a guy like Linus has built, it's still nowhere near the experience and ease of mind of someone like myself who has handled hundreds of processors each day.

3x Dell U2414H Triple Monitor Surround @ 5760x1080 / Corsair Obsidian 900D / ASUS ROG Z97 Maximus VII Hero / i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz / 2x EVGA SC GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1150MHz / 16GB GeiL DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz / 120GB Samsung 840 EVO / Corsair AX1200W PSU

Gallery: [1] [2] [3] - Fire Strike Score - Steam Profile

I make PCs for other people as a hobby/part time job and I've probably built around 60 PCs

SYSTEM SPECS

i7 4790k | LTT Edition Noctua NH-U12S | Gigabyte Z97-SOC Force | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer DDR3 | 120GB Samsung 850 EVO | 1TB Western Digital Caviar Blue | NVIDIA GTX 980ti | H440 Orange | EVGA 650B3 PSU

I worked in mass PC production for 2 years for a well known OEM. It's fairly straightforward to build a specific configuration over and over. Once you've built a certain config a few times you get it down pretty easily to the point where you can build it in under a minute. The chassis supplier (Foxconn) usually had the motherboard & PSU pre-installed in the case, so there was a few seconds saved on that, though there was still extra some work because coolers, HDDs and ODDs usually also had to be screwed in (whereas modern designs now use tool-less clip installation). All in all it was just 6 basic stages of component installation. The average was usually around 300 systems in a standard 8 hour shift, the easiest designs could hit over 500 in a shift. Servers on the other hand... with configs calling for 16 hard drives you'd be lucky if you could finish 20 an hour. 

Very fun though, and I said this in another thread before, but I always chuckle when I see people freaking out over some things in the computer like CPU installation, how to hold it, etc. So even looking at how many computers a guy like Linus has built, it's still nowhere near the experience and ease of mind of someone like myself who has handled hundreds of processors each day.

shucks man, and i was so proud of my pc build record of 4m 53sec and i was proper rushing to get that done, honestly hardest part is dealing with the cables. Lol also my record of about 350 computers built is dwarfed by how much you do even in a day.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Only mine :(

I would like to build some more...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

shucks man, and i was so proud of my pc build record of 4m 53sec and i was proper rushing to get that done, honestly hardest part is dealing with the cables. Lol also my record of about 350 computers built is dwarfed by how much you do even in a day.

Well it depends on the case you're building into and the configuration. Most of the computers that people build here on this forum can be classified as boutique builds because they take more time and effort into getting everything perfect, that's not to say that I was building computers without quality. I was mostly building office computers. Cable management is important, but at the end of the day the customer mainly just wants a working PC, looks for them are about as much as you get on the outside of the case. Most orders for a single customer were for a couple hundred desktops at once. So after you built one, you knew the other 99 would follow the same config. I say mass PC production for a reason, the surrounding environment you work in is designed to make your job as easy as possible and to let you build as many computers as possible in a given time frame. 

Most of the people I worked with will say it was monotonous work, but I always enjoyed every moment of it. There were lots of fun things and it was a great working experience for me. Like as most people probably know, the big OEMs also get parts before consumers because we need to test our builds in labs before we can build huge volumes for customers. We had Ivy Bridge on the radar for well over a year before official launch, and we starting using the chip in builds about 6 weeks before consumer release. Haswell-E recently was pretty much the same thing. I knew the specifications before they were even leaked, but obviously I couldn't talk about them, could I? Other small things like seeing who the client was also made it feel great. When you're building computers that will be used in designing AAA game titles, animated movies, or even for a country's government or army it's an amazing feeling knowing that you were part of the force that helped power that  :)

Guess who assembled some of the computers for DICE to work on Battlefield 4  ;)

3x Dell U2414H Triple Monitor Surround @ 5760x1080 / Corsair Obsidian 900D / ASUS ROG Z97 Maximus VII Hero / i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz / 2x EVGA SC GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1150MHz / 16GB GeiL DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz / 120GB Samsung 840 EVO / Corsair AX1200W PSU

Gallery: [1] [2] [3] - Fire Strike Score - Steam Profile

I started building them back in 1995. Back when motherboards had switches, jumpers, parallel ports and IDE cables  :lol: I've built close to 10 rigs for myself and probably another 10 for family and friends. 

Just 1, a low-mid range one at that. Build it a couple of years ago and still using it

Two so far, a Htpc / light gaming rig, and my own gaming computer. Will probably be making a hackintosh and another gaming computer for a few friends this year though.

6 I've built from scratch either for myself or my mates who didn't want to get a Dell :lol:

Rebuilt ... 40 Perhaps xD Which includes Macs and Laptops, Even rebuilt a Macintosh Plus 1MB :)

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Two, one for a friend and one for myself.

i5 4670 | Asrock Fatal1ty H87 | G.Skill 16GB snipars | Gigabyte GTX 760 Windforce | CM 690 III | 850 Evo 250GB + 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Seasonic G-750 | Logitech G502 | AKG K553 | Windows 10

15+ Built a lot for friends and my work place including my own and familys :)

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M

techincally 3:

2.5 desktops ( my own rig and repairing and upgrading my Dell Dimension 3000 to 2GB RAM and a 250GB hard drive a few years back)

and the other 0.5 is transplanting my laptop parts to my cunle's which broke (we have the same laptop, it took hours between us as Dell laptops are a pain in the backside)/ He is happily using a Nehalem i5 laptop (2C.4T) which he has for work

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I'm on my 5th for myself, with I think about 14-15 more for friends and family.  So about 20?

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

Just the one i have now in my sig.. :)

Uh, you don't have a sig, you might want to get that fixed.

Not counting prebuilts I took apart and then put back together, either for giggles or a new case, 2 or 3.

And AMD Sempron build, my current Phenom X6 system and I think an Intel one before the Sempron, but I can't recall if that was a build or rebuild.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

20, all with recycled stuff (PIII, P4, C2D)

"like if you could buy two Xbox Ones, put them togheter and actually play games at 1080P! Ha! BURN"

-Linus