Forza 6...1080p, 60fps

slightlyjaded

nuff said. It isn't news, it isn't even interesting for any of us that isn't a console gamer. but considering the lack of quality driving sims apart from project cars.

I'm still hoping for a GT on PC.

Just to keep someone happy forza coverage starts about 12:40

lack of quality driving sims. madness i say

Pc racing games are mostly sims

lets list of quality sims shall we

• assetto corsa
  • rfactor 2 & 1
  • iracing
  • gtr 2
  • gt legends
  • race 07
  • Game stock car extreme
  • race room racing experience

If you dont like anything there then you arent a sim racer.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Have you ever played Assetto Corsa?

Claims there is a lack of good racing simulators and plays GT & Project Cars......

Come on bro.. Check out iRacing & rFactor2.

elaborate...

Forza Horizon may be more suited to you, if you like an arcadey experience.  It's a far less sim like racing game.

lack of quality driving sims. madness i say

Pc racing games are mostly sims

lets list of quality sims shall we

• assetto corsa
  • rfactor 2 & 1
  • iracing
  • gtr 2
  • gt legends
  • race 07
  • Game stock car extreme
  • race room racing experience

If you dont like anything there then you arent a sim racer.

I feel I have to respond. Yes I do drive at above the posted limit. I'm glad the police can't legally pull the information from a trip computer as my average speed is 115KM/h. I live in regional Australia with a very understanding local constabulary. And I only abuse the privilege in out of the way locations. I follow the speed limits anywhere they actually make sense.

I feel a good driver sim has to combine a few things. A realistic physics engine. Not unrealistic car characteristics. and perhaps most importantly froma financial standpoint it must be approachable without a thousand dollars worth of additional hardware.

I haven't tried Assetto corsa, but it does look interesting. Iracing requires analog controls to play. (yes I know you can play without it, but the extra stress in cornering means you cannot keep up with a competent player)

Every game you listed requires an outlay of multiple hundreds of dollars to get even a semi realistic experience, let alone a competitive one, and honestly I'd just prefer to take the alfa out for a blat.

I feel I have to respond. Yes I do drive at above the posted limit. I'm glad the police can't legally pull the information from a trip computer as my average speed is 115KM/h. I live in regional Australia with a very understanding local constabulary. And I only abuse the privilege in out of the way locations. I follow the speed limits anywhere they actually make sense.

I feel a good driver sim has to combine a few things. A realistic physics engine. Not unrealistic car characteristics. and perhaps most importantly froma financial standpoint it must be approachable without a thousand dollars worth of additional hardware.

I haven't tried Assetto corsa, but it does look interesting. Iracing requires analog controls to play. (yes I know you can play without it, but the extra stress in cornering means you cannot keep up with a competent player)

Every game you listed requires an outlay of multiple hundreds of dollars to get even a semi realistic experience, let alone a competitive one, and honestly I'd just prefer to take the alfa out for a blat.

your cheapest option for any sim is dfgt, its not amazing but its functional and you can best people with setups that are way more expensive with it, hell people with playstation or xbox controllers can also get some alien laptimes. Thats the thing with sims, you will have to spend a lot of money its as simple as that, you want to get into planes, you need a flightstick, cars you need a wheel and so on. thats the nature of the sim market, there is simply no other option, as you are in Australia you are screwed in all honestly that country has some messed up crap in terms of pricing. From the way you sound i dont think a sim is designed for you, we are a niche community and we likely always will be.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

your cheapest option for any sim is dfgt, its not amazing but its functional and you can best people with setups that are way more expensive with it, hell people with playstation or xbox controllers can also get some alien laptimes. Thats the thing with sims, you will have to spend a lot of money its as simple as that, you want to get into planes, you need a flightstick, cars you need a wheel and so on. thats the nature of the sim market, there is simply no other option, as you are in Australia you are screwed in all honestly that country has some messed up crap in terms of pricing. From the way you sound i dont think a sim is designed for you, we are a niche community and we likely always will be.

Actually the problem with Australia isn't the messed up pricing. it's the fact that regional internet sucks. I have problems playing MMO's at a minimum of 200 ping on a good day (quite often it's as much as 5 times that, try playing a firefall sniper if you're not sure what ping you're getting, and how much lead you need to give) If I was sure I wouldn't be in the sand trap before I hit the brakes I might be tempted to drop a grand on the gear I needed, but the way internet is, and what I have a variable, I avoid competitive play in any serious game. If the game doesn't have a serious offline mode then I can't really play it. Something every game you mentioned requires. They're not sims so much as competitive multiplayer experiences.