Monitor issues!

iWearKiltz
Go to solution Solved by iWearKiltz,

Does it do it only when there's a second display connected? Or does it do it regardless? Have you tried another video output if possible? It'd also be helpful to list the processor you have.

i tried attaching the hdmi cable to it, the problem went but the screen is still really bad quality. kinda just given up on it.. went back to my old monitor.

Hi guys, 

this thread is going to be about a monitor problem.

So basically, I run two screens, main one is on the right and secondary on the left. I recently upgraded from a 19" to a 22" monitor (rated at HD, so i assume is 1080p - done some research and it also suggests this.). I've connected it through VGA (D-sub and rgb are also other notations i've seen this cable been given), and it has come up with the following issue. 

post-16255-0-30131600-1374334729_thumb.j

I've orederd a DVI cable for my main monitor, so that I can move across my hdmi to my secondary monitor(the monitor with this issue), this might fix it.

it affects the whole bottom of the screen, if i adjust the resolution (i.e to one, and then return it back to the current one) it will sometimes not be there. I have no clue what causes this.

resolution its currently running at: 1360x1024

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

Does it do it only when there's a second display connected? Or does it do it regardless? Have you tried another video output if possible? It'd also be helpful to list the processor you have.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

i tried attaching the hdmi cable to it, the problem went but the screen is still really bad quality. kinda just given up on it.. went back to my old monitor.

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung