'Battery saving' features?

Guest Console Peasant

Okay so I noticed that phones use such technologies such as the gyroscope and ambient light detection stuff that I don't seem are very useful, just wandering how much battery these things take up? To me it seems like a light sensor might be a battery heavy feature.. Is there a way to disable them both (and does it actually disable them and save battery?) and are there any other not so useful technologies that might use battery? I feel like an old man who doesn't need these dastardly gimmicks :] Thanks

What phone do you have

Moto G, just got it but ive been using iphone 4

Which version I have the 2014 version?

2nd gen sorry :P 8GB

Okay so I noticed that phones use such technologies such as the gyroscope and ambient light detection stuff that I don't seem are very useful, just wandering how much battery these things take up? To me it seems like a light sensor might be a battery heavy feature.. Is there a way to disable them both (and does it actually disable them and save battery?) and are there any other not so useful technologies that might use battery? I feel like an old man who doesn't need these dastardly gimmicks :] Thanks

The light sensor and gyroscope arent very power hungry features, if im not mistaken... also i believe the light sensor turns off if you manually set the brightness of the screen...

Nowadays, gps is usually the one part of the phone that can drain the battery very quick...

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

Thats teh same phone  ;) anyways do you have adaptaive brighteness on?

I do, which is why I'm asking, seems like it's a battery saving feature using a sensor.

I am going to turn it off, see if I can see a difference.

I do, which is why I'm asking, seems like it's a battery saving feature using a sensor.

I am going to turn it off, see if I can see a difference.

I turned mine off. It adjusts to how much light it sees. For instance if your in a dark room the brightness will be very dark, Vice versa

The light sensor and gyroscope arent very power hungry features, if im not mistaken... also i believe the light sensor turns off if you manually set the brightness of the screen...

Nowadays, gps is usually the one part of the phone that can drain the battery very quick...

Yeah knew about the GPS, but the sensors seem kind of suspicious in my books :P

Thanks mate

I find the light sensor saves me battery as it adjusts the brightness of the screen, which I would just tend to leave on full.

I find the light sensor saves me battery as it adjusts the brightness of the screen, which I would just tend to leave on full.

I would do that manually

I turned mine off. It adjusts to how much light it sees. For instance if your in a dark room the brightness will be very dark, Vice versa

Yeah :P used it on my iphone, wandering if doing it manually would save battery for no need of the sensor

Yeah :P used it on my iphone, wandering if doing it manually would save battery for no need of the sensor

Yep it saves battery Also Moto g comes with battery Saver option taht gives you an extra boost of juice

Yep it saves battery Also Moto g comes with battery Saver option taht gives you an extra boost of juice

Thanks!

I doubt it, the battery savings you get from adapting brightness to the light will outweigh all of the hassle of changing brightness all the time and potentially setting it higher than optimal.

Light sensors and gyroscopes take very little battery overall.  The real killer of battery is location services.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Neither of them use much power. There's really no observable battery difference with phones without a light sensor (my Galaxy Avant didn't have one, wtf), same with gyro.

"Rawr XD"

You should be able to use your device regularly without locking down functionality and getting great battery life.