Best AMD Processor for Gaming?

Edit 

"Innovation is the only way to progress"

"To every action there is always an opposed equal reaction"

"There is only one road, always straight"

Man he ask for an AMD i answer an AMD, I'm agree with you than Intel perform better in some cases but pay attention that it's really in High End processor start from a good i5.

I don't think he wanna spend 350-400$ for get a new CPU and a motherboard and eventually more for a new graphic card.

So yes I recommended an FX-8350 for 180$ who is the much cheaper solution in this case.

An i3 is a high end processor, it uses the same cores as the rest of the Haswell family.  These are strong cores the blow the doors off anything FX has to offer no matter how highly overclocked.  He doesn't have to buy an i5 to get good performance, an i3 is just as good as an i5 when paired with a mid range GPU, and 85% as good when paired with a high end GPU like a GTX780.

He doesn't have to spend anywhere close to that much, an unlocked i5 + Z97 motherboard is only $300 after tax.  A locked i5 + H81/B85 motherboard is $220.  That will outperform anything the FX family has to offer, no matter how highly overclocked when it comes to gaming.

You cannot compare just the price of the processor.  The FX8 ends up costing the same $220 after you get a capable motherboard to even handle it at stock speeds.  Then, you end up spending more than a locked i5 because of energy cost, and you will likely need a CPU cooler, both are things you don't have to worry about with a locked i5. 

Read through that entire post, because you clearly didn't if you are trying to make that argument you just made.  FX8 costs the SAME if not more than a locked i5, and performs worse when it comes to gaming.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

An i3 is a high end processor, it uses the same cores as the rest of the Haswell family.  These are strong cores the blow the doors off anything FX has to offer no matter how highly overclocked.  He doesn't have to buy an i5 to get good performance, an i3 is just as good as an i5 when paired with a mid range GPU, and 85% as good when paired with a high end GPU like a GTX780.

He doesn't have to spend anywhere close to that much, an unlocked i5 + Z97 motherboard is only $300 after tax.  A locked i5 + H81/B85 motherboard is $220.  That will outperform anything the FX family has to offer, no matter how highly overclocked when it comes to gaming.

You cannot compare just the price of the processor.  The FX8 ends up costing the same $220 after you get a capable motherboard to even handle it at stock speeds.  Then, you end up spending more than a locked i5 because of energy cost, and you will likely need a CPU cooler, both are things you don't have to worry about with a locked i5. 

Read through that entire post, because you clearly didn't if you are trying to make that argument you just made.  FX8 costs the SAME if not more than a locked i5, and performs worse when it comes to gaming.

A stock i5-4460 who's the best price value/ratio cost 185$, you add a B85 Mobo who is 60$, that's 245$ so not 220$ as you said but not really remoted I grant to you.

An i3 isn't made for gaming it's a 2 physical core processor they made for multitasking same it's why the Quad Core processors are made and much new games start to use 4 cores min so that's why I don't recommend an i3 for gaming.

So definitively i would recommended an i5-4460 or 4590K add to a new Mobo. ;)

A stock i5-4460 who's the best price value/ratio cost 185$, you add a B85 Mobo who is 60$, that's 245$ so not 220$ as you said but not really remoted I grant to you.

An i3 isn't made for gaming it's a 2 physical core processor they made for multitasking same if there cores are strong it's why the Quad Core processors are made and much new games start to use 4 cores min so that's why in this case I don't recommend an i3.

So yes definitively i would recommended an i5 add to a new B85 Mobo. ;)

An i5-4440 costs $160-$175 and can be paired with an H81 motherboard $30-$40.  Some B85 motherboards are as low as $45.  So getting a locked i5 for $220 is very doable if you go with Haswell, non-refresh.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/f39ZZL

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/f39ZZL/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($169.61 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($41.98 @ Newegg)

Total: $211.59

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-23 17:11 EST-0500

An i3 isn't made for gaming?  Then why does it beat out an FX8 in 90% of games?  Its an amazing gaming processor when you compare it to anything AMD has to offer, and you can get up and running for around $140-$150 with an i3 + H81/B85 motherboard. 

An i3 has 2 physical cores, but it also has hyperthreading.  It can play any game on the market, which is why people recommend it over the Pentium which is truly a two core processor, and unable to play all certain games without workarounds, and even then, the performance is not great.  An i3 can play any game because it has 4 virtual cores, and it plays them well.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

The title explains it.. This is just out of curiosity. What is the Best AMD Processor? Most people say it is the AMD FX-8350 but it goes up to AMD FX-9550 is it not designed for gaming? Or are the forums old and outdated? Thanks appreciate it.

You could say the FX-9590 is better, but most people don't call it better because it's the same processor at a higher clock speed. The FX-9590 is overpriced, and sometimes even fails to reach advertised speeds. Generally AMD is only remotely viable for budget builds. People rarely recommend things like FX-8370, 9370, 9590 because at this price range you're better off with Intel. I'd argue that Intel is better at all price ranges except ~$75 (athlon vs pentium i would go Athlon).

The only options people often recommend are Athlon 860K (for ~$75) and FX-8320 (for ~$140), because at other price points AMD doesn't really have anything worthwhile.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

An i5-4440 costs $160-$175 and can be paired with an H81 motherboard $30-$40.  Some B85 motherboards are as low as $45.  So getting a locked i5 for $220 is very doable if you go with Haswell, non-refresh.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/f39ZZL

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/f39ZZL/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($169.61 @ OutletPC)

Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($41.98 @ Newegg)

Total: $211.59

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-23 17:11 EST-0500

An i3 isn't made for gaming?  Then why does it beat out an FX8 in 90% of games?  Its an amazing gaming processor when you compare it to anything AMD has to offer, and you can get up and running for around $140-$150 with an i3 + H81/B85 motherboard. 

An i3 has 2 physical cores, but it also has hyperthreading.  It can play any game on the market, which is why people recommend it over the Pentium which is truly a two core processor, and unable to play all certain games without workarounds, and even then, the performance is not great.  An i3 can play any game because it has 4 virtual cores, and it plays them well.

Virtual and physical aren't not the same thing, the hyper threading it's just a market joke.

Dual-cores processor are just gonna be useless.

When you invest your money you want to be good for a couple of years not for just one.

I invest in an i7 920 7 years ago and it works well even today for gaming so Quad cores are the best investment you could make that's all.

Sure people do what they want with them money if they want trowed their money. 

The title explains it.. This is just out of curiosity. What is the Best AMD Processor? Most people say it is the AMD FX-8350 but it goes up to AMD FX-9550 is it not designed for gaming? Or are the forums old and outdated? Thanks appreciate it.

depends on what you use it for, i suggest looking at benchmarks that are newish and all from the same site:

I'd watch out with benchmarks on the forum as they are biased to the person that collected them, even mine. Always go look for them yourself.

Virtual and physical are two different things and the hyperthreading it's just a market joke.

Don't forget that even if today it's okay he gonna be hard for the future except if they started to make better bi-cores processor than quad-cores so there actually gonna be useless.

When you invest your money you want to be good for a couple of years not for only one.

I invest in an i7 920 7 years ago and works well even today for gaming so Quad cores are the best investment you could make it's all.

So man don't invest in Bi-cores processor like an i3 cause you gonna lose your money but do and believe in what you want after all anybody as is point of view.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?  Get off this forum.

I have a single core AMD 3200+ that still works to this day.  Works great as a HTPC, can browse the internet, can do MS Office, can do Skype, Youtube, Flash games, whatever.  Single core processor.  An i3 is exponentially stronger.

An i3 will last you a very long time, it is a plenty strong processor, not as good as an i5, but better than anything AMD has to offer for gaming.

Depends on the rest of the build and the games at hand. I run a A10-6800k and even moving to a i7-4790k wouldn't give me a single frame more.

The 860k will handle anything up to a R9 270X in modern games. Anything higher than that and you'll have to overclock to keep the GPU fed.

If you play old ass MMO's or things alone them lines then a G3258 would be better than pretty much all AMD offerings.

I have a single core AMD 3200+ that still works to this day.  Works great as a HTPC, can browse the internet, can do MS Office, can do Skype, Youtube, Flash games, whatever.  Single core processor.  An i3 is exponentially stronger.

An i3 will last you a very long time, it is a plenty strong processor, not as good as an i5, but better than anything AMD has to offer for gaming.

Yes I still say it's a market joke because any games really use it even last more recent.

Start to respect people man before talk with them i don't think much new people would like ear get off of this forum when they are new it's really bad to ear that a member with most of posts so probably an old talk like that.

I do what i want your not the master of this forum or have the infuse science just accept that people can think differently than you even if there wrong for you then you could start to understand them.

THANKS

Yes I still say it's a market joke because any games really use it even last more recent.

Start to respect people man before talk with them i don't think much new people would like ear get off of this forum when they are new it's really bad to ear that a member with most of posts so probably an old talk like that.

I do what i want your not the master of this forum or have the infuse science just accept that people can think differently than you even if there wrong for you then you could start to understand them.

THANKS

Do you think the earth is flat and smoking cigarettes doesn't cause cancer too? You may think that, but it has been scientifically proven that you're wrong.

Here is the disconnect you are experiencing. Most games aren't able to make use of more than 4 threads. So hyperthreading on an i7 which is a 4 core, 8 thread processor doesn't have much use in games over a 4 core, 4 thread i5 except a few rare exceptions.

An i3 on the other hand, which is a 2 core, 4 thread processor benefits greatly from hyperthreading.

I understand that you're new, and I will do a better job of not being so brash to the newbies, but when you come here talking absolute nonsense trying to sway someone to waste their money I take offense and have absolutely no respect for them because they are wrong. It's not a matter of opinion. There is hard evidence to show that hyperthreading is not a marketing joke. It is absurd that you could even think that.

FX 4300, believe me there is no difference if you go with 6 or 8 core, but yeah if youre going mainly for gaming save up for 4690K, wont regret it.

yes there is, bf4,crysis 3 and dragonage inquisition can use more than 4 threads, and more new games will do the same. also fx 4300 has much slower single core speed than a 8350 does. a 4300 will bottleneck gpus before a 8 core will. a fx 4300 is about the same as a core2quad,sometimes worse.

cpu:i7-4770k    gpu: msi reference r9 290x  liquid cooled with h55 and hg10 a1     motherboard:z97x gaming 5   ram:gskill sniper 8 gb

BAHAHAHA. This is now my new sig. Laughed my ass off.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

yes there is, bf4,crysis 3 and dragonage inquisition can use more than 4 threads, and more new games will do the same. also fx 4300 has much slower single core speed than a 8350 does. a 4300 will bottleneck gpus before a 8 core will. a fx 4300 is about the same as a core2quad,sometimes worse.

Strange, at Dying Light's launch when CPU multi threading usage was horrible FX 4300 performed pretty much as samely clocked 8 core AMD.

http://www.techspot.com/review/956-dying-light-benchmarks/page5.html

Don't hesitate the FX 8350 best price/value ratio ;)

It really isn't! The core i5 4690k smashes it for just a bit more £$€! On the AMD side though I suppose :D