The Water Cooling Gallery

Crappy phone pics but, changed the system up last night. Finally took a jigsaw to it. Cant bring my self to switch to my corex9.

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1075.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Upgraded to non-ticking pwm fans all around. Silence, finally. Also removed the butt-ugly LED-solution and added a much better quality DIY RGB set. Wish I had a proper camera to do all this justice.

edit: I just realised my pain medication also makes a cameo in this photo. Ignore the happy pills in the basket. :D

Define_dark_H2_O.jpg

Liquid cooling since 2002.

Updated my loop with primachill/cool (can't exactly remember) tubing vs the home depot tubing and added ek red pastel coolant vs the straight distilled water with biocide. Newest edition is the cpu block. All ek 

20160827_200519.jpg

20160827_220847.jpg

My first ever custom water loop began like this:

6eHRpau.jpg

Leak testing for a few hours with some Distilled Water:

zz1rJE6.jpg

Had a minor leak around the bottom right bend where I didn't tighten a fitting enough, so once that was amended i powered the system on and left it running all night:

m1XJaH3.jpg

Then I added some colour and began researching the best place to get my custom cables done:

T1AZnUR.jpg

And then my Asus Formula board decided to kill my 950 Pro M.2 SSD and then have it's RGB LEDs break on me to the point where I couldn't turn them off at all! They'd stay in some sort of 5-10% power on state and ignore any instructions from BIOS or the Aura software:

9i9J1Du.jpg

So motherboard, ram and ssd are off for a refund.

On order we have an MSI Z170A Xpower Titanium motherboard with a Monoblock from EK, along with some silver and white Gskill TridentZ Ram. the build theme will change to more silver than grey now but i'm done with asus on the motherboard side so it's a necessary evil.

LU98MY8.jpg

2796_572c857f34f54.png

More updates when the hardware arrives next week :)

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

I originally had this build in a Corsair Obsidian 250D with a H100i on the CPU and a H90 on the GPU for cooling.  Well my H90 sprung a leak and I was walking around Microcenter after picking out a replacement cooler and I saw this Fractal Node 804.  I had to have it and after getting it home I decided to go full custom on the water cooling. I already survived one leak...why not go for broke. Figured I could knock this out in a day or two.  Well three weeks later and it's done. This is my first custom loop so I appreciate any critiques ya'll have.  You won't hurt my feelings any.  

The Computer...

Fractal Design Node 804

Asus Maximus VI Impact Motherboard

Intel Core i7 4770K

Asus Reference GTX 780ti

Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1833Mhz DDR3

Corsair AX860i PSU w/Cablemod Cables

Crucial M550 480GB SSD  (2 in RAID 0)

The Cooling System...

EK Monoblock for CPU and MB

EK Full cover GPU BLock

EK PE 240 Rad (front)

EK SE 240 Rad (top)

EX XRES 100 D5 Revo PWM Pump/Res Combo

BitsPower PETG 12mm Tubing

BitsPower Fittings (Various)

EK Vardar F4 120 fans (x4)

Corsair SP120 fans (x4)

Scythe Slipstream Slim fans (x2)

Corsair Commander Mini (pump/fan/LED control)

20160905_191339.jpg

20160905_191425.jpg

20160905_191127.jpg

20160905_191247.jpg

20160905_191455.jpg

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

On 1/4/2013 at 7:23 AM, deafboy said:

Work in progress. GPU blocks should be here Saturday, so hopefully finish the loop this weekend or early next week.

copper will eventually be painted / powder coated, playing with paints

That's awesome! I can't believe I've never thought of this! This idea would look great in a steampunk themed case, but it looks really neat as it is currently. Can't wait to see the finished product.

On 8/30/2016 at 3:35 AM, iiNNeX said:

My first ever custom water loop began like this:

Leak testing for a few hours with some Distilled Water:

Had a minor leak around the bottom right bend where I didn't tighten a fitting enough, so once that was amended i powered the system on and left it running all night:

Then I added some colour and began researching the best place to get my custom cables done:

And then my Asus Formula board decided to kill my 950 Pro M.2 SSD and then have it's RGB LEDs break on me to the point where I couldn't turn them off at all! They'd stay in some sort of 5-10% power on state and ignore any instructions from BIOS or the Aura software:

So motherboard, ram and ssd are off for a refund.

On order we have an MSI Z170A Xpower Titanium motherboard with a Monoblock from EK, along with some silver and white Gskill TridentZ Ram. the build theme will change to more silver than grey now but i'm done with asus on the motherboard side so it's a necessary evil.

More updates when the hardware arrives next week :)

Build looks beautiful so far and that motherboard is orgasmic :D
Can't wait to see the final product, also is the colorant for your distilled water bought or personally made by you? I really like the blue.

On 7/28/2016 at 8:59 AM, _Teknik_ said:

Hi guys, I'm pretty new here so what would be a better introduction than showing off my main rig

I built it a few years ago with Mayhems Pastel Blue coolant originally but my last water changed I've switched to a clear UV blue

Its got an I5 3570K and 2 GTX 770's, not the most intense but gets the job done :D

And back when I had the Pastel

The hard line tubing looks great! It looks great with both colourants :D any recommendations for hardline tubing for a fellow noob?

Edited by airdeano
Removed Quoted Images

5 hours ago, catkami said:

...any recommendations for hardline tubing for a fellow noob?

Use PETG, acrylic sucks to work with.  Buy way more tubing than you need, at least double.  Don't get frustrated over a bad bend.  You'll have a lovely pile of them when you get finished. 

Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

7 hours ago, catkami said:

Build looks beautiful so far and that motherboard is orgasmic :D
Can't wait to see the final product, also is the colorant for your distilled water bought or personally made by you? I really like the blue.

Thank you, and yeah I love the MSI board. The asus one was awesome too just shame about the issues. Hope to finish it within the next week or so.

And the coolant is Mayhems Pastel White mixed with some of their dyes, I made the blue myself though as the one they sell is too dark for what I wanted :)

Currently working on a really vivid purple for the silver build, if all is good it should look really sweet!

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

On 1/5/2013 at 10:44 AM, GrandmasBoy said:

Hey guys just wanted to share my PC. I put a lot of time and work and planning into this. It's almost done just awaiting a PSU cover and a custom GPU backplate. Also have a few more cables to sleeve.

here is the backplate I am awaiting.

Rare to see a yellow and black build, looks spicy man :D 

Edited by airdeano
Removed Quoted Images

On 1/4/2013 at 7:23 AM, deafboy said:

Work in progress. GPU blocks should be here Saturday, so hopefully finish the loop this weekend or early next week.

copper will eventually be painted / powder coated, playing with paints

Did the copper improve temps?

Edited by airdeano
Removed Quoted Images

Hello, fellow builders! 

Since my last computer was killed by a local lightning strike, I thought you maybe wanted to see what my new system turned out to be. 
I also made a video of filling this loop:

20160908_183010.jpg

20160908_183026.jpg

On 7/16/2016 at 11:06 AM, cynexit said:

It's a work in progress, but so far I really like glass tubing, it just looks so much nicer.

That's beautiful, there's something about black/silver systems that just makes me gasp, and the clear tubing makes it that much better O.o:D

Edited by airdeano
Removed Quoted Images

“sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic still going to require driver rollbacks when it stops working for no reason“

Hi everyone,

See here my first custom water cooled system and i hope you'll like it

Specifications:

i7-4790k Oveclocked to 4,6 GHz

Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 Motherboard

8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 2133 MHz

MSI R9 390X

Corsair HX850 Power supply

Intel 730 Series SSD 240GB

WD 2TB Green HDD

Fractal Design Define S

Water cooling specification:

EK Supremacy EVO CPU block Red version

EK Nickel 390X block with backplate

EK D5 pump-reservoir combo

EK fittings and PETG tubing

EK Coolstream SE 240mm Radiator

EK Coolstream PE 240mm Radiator

EK Blood red coolant

4x Cooler Master Silencio fans

Thank you

Best Regards

20160911_223755.jpg

20160911_224531.jpg

20160911_224559.jpg

I know it's not really the most beautiful build but i worked hard on it and it looks way better than before. Don't be mad for my cable management, because it's nearly impossible in this case.

Attachment: Before(left) -> After(right)

14407492_1511280795564270_1475313711_n.jpg

50 minutes ago, EQuiPeX said:

I know it's not really the most beautiful build but i worked hard on it and it looks way better than before. Don't be mad for my cable management, because it's nearly impossible in this case.

Looks good for the kind of case you have to work with! :)

Just out of curiosity: Why didn't you extend the loop to include the CPU when you redid it?

4 minutes ago, cynexit said:

Looks good for the kind of case you have to work with! :)

Just out of curiosity: Why didn't you extend the loop to include the CPU when you redid it?

thanks man, means a lot to me because it cost me like 150€.. and i like to see some ''upvotes'' and to answer your question, because i have an i5 2400 and not overclocked, i dont need the extra cooling there.. maybe i'll add it once i get a new case, add an  extension there and another radiator somewhere. i really dont have  anough space in this one, already had to literally glue down the disk bay (bottom right) and had to hand drill the holes in the panel to make a ''stand'' for the reservoir :P frustration was my high point yesterday :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my first build. Just want to know your impressions.

i7 6700k, Asus z170 Sabertooth Mark 1, GTX 1080 FE, CoolerMaster Mastercase Maker 5

Before

DSC_0167.JPG

and After:

Hardwarelabs Black Ice Sr2 Xtreme+ 420 Multiport Radiator for more flexibility, Hardwarelabs 280 GTS Radiator, 2xD5 Pump for more smoother flow and better head pressure and EK water blocks.

Thank you very much to Coolermaster to send me the vertical GPU holder Sample.

k-IMG-20160808-WA0002.jpegk-DSC_0243.JPGk-DSC_0244.JPGk-DSC_0272.JPGk-IMG_20160919_121036.jpgk-IMG_20160919_121303.jpgk-DSC_0335.JPGk-DSC_0332.JPG

finally finished this.

CPU: i7 6700k

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0

Tubing: Mayhems Glass 12mm OD

RAM 3200mhz corsair vengeance led

CPU Block: EK ASUS VIII monoblock

RAD: 360mm EK PE

CASE: Corsair 750D

Coolant: IceDragon nano fluid

This is great for gaming and was a little frustrating to build because of the glass, however now that its done, the it was worth the pain.

If anyone is considering using glass, use a powered tile cutter rather than a hand held glass cutter, its just soo much easier.

20161007_180153.jpg

20161007_181640.jpg

1 hour ago, annonymous_killer said:

finally finished this.

CPU: i7 6700k

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0

Tubing: Mayhems Glass 12mm OD

RAM 3200mhz corsair vengeance led

CPU Block: EK ASUS VIII monoblock

RAD: 360mm EK PE

CASE: Corsair 750D

Coolant: IceDragon nano fluid

This is great for gaming and was a little frustrating to build because of the glass, however now that its done, the it was worth the pain.

If anyone is considering using glass, use a powered tile cutter rather than a hand held glass cutter, its just soo much easier.

how has that coolant been working for you and have you run stress tests and compared it to others or just water

On 7/21/2016 at 9:46 AM, CountTool said:

Watercooling on a laptop, Why not

is this real ???

On 7/23/2016 at 2:19 AM, Redbeardthebaker said:

Just finished my first ever build and have to share it somewhere. Was scared off doing hard tubing so went for the flexible type, but very please how it all turned out.\

case?

Edited by airdeano
Removed Quoted Images

1 hour ago, SmashinMachine said:

Hey Guys,

My Rev2 is finished today. What do you think?

its orange. i like the orange, dont like the sabertooth boards, dont like fans on ram. like overkill pumpage. dont like green pcb on 90 degree gpu slot thing. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

A couple of pics of my final build. Nothing special on the specs but huge thanks to a bunch of people on the forum who answered all my stupid questions and multiple threads every time I got stuck. It's not perfect but I'm very happy with it and will be doing it again I am sure. 

No overclocks (yet). 

NZXT S340 (Gutted about the elite)

i7 4790k

MSI Gaming 5 Z97

Palit 980 Ti

2x8GB HyperX Savage & 1866

EVGA G2 750W

Samsung 850 Evo 512 + 256 GB

Cooling System

EK Supremacy Evo CPU block

EK Titan X GPU Block and backplate

Alphacool Nexxos x45 120mm radiator