Best Motherboard for i7 4790k?

Name says it all, perferable 150-200 dollar range.  I have RAM so that wont be a problem.  Thanks!  

"45 ACP because shooting twice is silly!"

ASRock Z97, you choose your version.  Very reliable. 

Project Insomnia

CPU: Intel i5 4670K @ 4.6 GHz.   CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x40   Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme6   Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb.   Graphics Card: EVGA SC Geforce GTX 780 Ti   Power Supply: EVGA G2 850W   Case: NZXT H440

ATX? mATX? What? Will you be running SLI or CFX? Even in the future?

I should have elaborated more, sorry,  Im running 2 970s and need and ATX board.  

I should have elaborated more, sorry,  Im running 2 970s and need and ATX board.  

What color scheme do you prefer?

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC

I love mine so much. What's nice is that you can SLI the cards in the 1st and 3rd slot for extra air flow :)

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

What color scheme do you prefer?

Red and black with blue LED hue in the case.  It really dosent matter to much. 

MSI Z97-G45

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC

I love mine so much. What's nice is that you can SLI the cards in the 1st and 3rd slot for extra air flow :)

Hmmm maybe, not sure about the orange color.  I will consider it!  

I highly suggest asus Z97-AR. Because of the software that Asus bundles with it such as Fan Xpert And the AI Suite 3

Remember a wise man once said, "You'll most likely hear/see more bad reviews from products than good, because if they get a good product, they won't bother to write a review, and if they got a bad product, they'll complain about the product" ~ SoftenButterCream

MSI Z97-G45

Hmm maybe, the slightly brown PCB might bug me as well as the 8 pin is a rather..Odd position.  What do you think about the Asus Maximus board?  

Hmm maybe, the slightly brown PCB might bug me as well as the 8 pin is a rather..Odd position.  What do you think about the Asus Maximus board?  

They're wastes of money. The brown only looks brown if you seriously stare at it or point a light at it.

The maximus 7 formula is the best, but it's not completely practical. The gigabyte gaming 5 and 7 are great choices if your not looking to spend more on a motherboard than CPU.

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC

@Nikolithebear Yeah the Z97X-SOC is great

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

They're wastes of money. The brown only looks brown if you seriously stare at it or point a light at it.

why would you say they're a waste of money?  I do love the asus software and monitoring software as well as the ROG board I'm' using now has been great to me for years.  

why would you say they're a waste of money?  I do love the asus software and monitoring software as well as the ROG board I'm' using now has been great to me for years.  

You spend a lot more for maybe one feature you'll use.

You spend a lot more for maybe one feature you'll use.

I use theyre features almost every day so Ill still keep it in mind as well as the MSI motherboard.  Thanks! 

I don't think there is a best motherboard. It depends on the features you are looking for. 

Asus z97 deluxe!!!

Intel I9 7900X , Gigabyte X299 Aorus gaming 9, Gibabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8GB G1 Gaming ,G Skill ripjawsV 32GB 3200 MHZ, Samsung 850 Evo 500GB ,External WD 640GB, 2 x WD 1 TB Blue, Evga Supernova 750 G2, Logitech Z5500, Gigabyte Aivia Osmium, Logitech G502 Proteus Core, Corsair 750D Full Tower, Corsair H110, Asus VS248H 24", Asus VG245HE 24".

Just don't spend too much as it's more about the silicon lottery with that chip.

¦ Ryzen 5600 ¦ ROG Strix B550 ¦ Nvidia 1660Super ¦ 16GB 3600 ¦ EVGA 450w ¦ WD M.2 ¦