Zombification of two monitors

jkraghify

So one of my IPS monitors has fried its power supply. I would like to take the thing apart and put the screen of the monitor on the controller and power unit of one of my spare TN panels (in perfect functioning order).

Has anyone done this? I don't want to crack open my good monitor just to find out I can't complete the project.

Just to clarify, I know my IPS panel has a broken power supply and that the actual LCD is good, and I know my TN panel works 100%. I want to take the IPS LCD and put it in place of the TN LCD, but I don't know what connections (if any) are different between TN  and IPS.

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

tn draws alot less power, the tn power supply will probably not be enough. plus if there different brands then the internal connectors will be different.

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

There should be some info on the psu, check the rating on it.

tn draws alot less power, the tn power supply will probably not be enough. plus if there different brands then the internal connectors will be different.

Hmm. I guess I won't try it then :P

maybe if I feel inspired enough I'll crack open my TN to see, but it's an ASUS ips and an ACER tn... Too bad the connections could be different. When these displays are obsolete and I have more money I'll take them apart for science! 

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!