what keyboard do you use on your android phone?

vanwazltoff

there are a lot of keyboards for android out there, there is stock google keyboards for every OS [2.2, 2.3, 3.0, 4.0, etc], there is the dreadful swype keyboard *shrugs* i hate it, there is also manufacturer specific like LG, there are also a bunch of 3rd party keyboards like go keyboard.

my favorite so far is android 2.3 from the app store, i have had it on 4 phones of varying screen sizes and i absolutely love it, comparing it to swype is like night and day. its very responsive, has the best text prediction [in my opinion] and feels really natural. i am going to try a few more like ice cream sandwich, jelly bean and swiftkey 3

whats your favorite?

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

I've been using the default gingerbread keyboard for over a year thinking it was Swiftkey :D . I apparently messed up the installation somehow but never noticed since there weren't any issues at all with it. At least the money went into the app development hopefully.

La`~

I've been using the default gingerbread keyboard for over a year thinking it was Swiftkey :D . I apparently messed up the installation somehow but never noticed since there weren't any issues at all with it. At least the money went into the app development hopefully.
is it just like the gingerbread keyboard in the app store? if so do you like it?

Case: Cubitek MiniCube CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.7GHz GPU: Asus GTX 670 DirectCUII MoBo: Asus P8Z77-i Deluxe/WD RAM: G.Skill Sniper 2133MHz

SSD: Sandisk Extreme 120GB HDD: WD Black 2TB AIO Water Cooler: Antec Kuhler 620 Fans: Corsair SP120 Thermal Paste: MX4

Headphones: Grado SR-80i Keyboard: Corsair K65 Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200 Monitor: Asus MX279H Phone: HTC One Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013)

Love my Note II touchwiz keyboard. On my other devices I prefer Kii Keyboard.

My Mobile Devices: HTC Dream (G1) Rooted, HTC Bravo (Desire) Rooted, Samsung Galaxy SII Rooted, Samsung Galaxy Note II Rooted, iPhone 4s Jailbroken, iPad 2 Jailbroken

If you want to try a free keyboard, the Kii Keyboard is in beta with all it's features enabled and it seems really solid.

Not sure where my comment went but yes, it does look like the one in the appstore.

La`~

I can't remeber me using anything but Swype. I've tested several keyboards but swype is just the best, specifically if you hate having to use two hands in order to type fast.

SwiftKey 3

Spoiler

Tantō

• Case: NZXT Switch 810
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
  • Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
  • Central Processing Unit: Intel Ivy Bridge i7-3770K
  • Random-Access Memory: Corsair Vengeance 4x8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz
  • Graphics Processing Unit: Aorus GeForce 1080 Ti
  • Power Supply Unit: Corsair Professional Series AX750
  • Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
  • Storage: AData S599 60GB + AData SU650 500GB + WDC Blue 1TB +AData SU800 1TB
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S
  • Mouse: Corsair Scimitar Pro RGB + CoolerMaster Master RGB Hard Gaming Mousepad
  • Audio: Logitech 2.5 Speakers + Feenix Aria + Bose In-Ears
  • Monitors: 2x Acer Predator XB271HU
  • Thread Link
Spoiler

Shuko

• Device Model: Samsung S20+
  • Operating System: Android 10
  • Read-Only Memory: One UI  2.1
  • Kernel: Stock

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1264-overclocking-guides/'>My Intel Ivy Bridge Overclocking Guide

I quite like the default Swype actually, having a Nexus 7 it's rather difficult to type like a regular phone, so it seems to be a lot easier that way. I've just installed SwiftKey Flow to see how it differs though, so I'm not sure if I'll stay with Swype or not.

I use swiftkey but I'm not a huge fan of it but still prefer it over the stock keyboard.

I use SwiftKey, but I just wish they allow to make your own themes because the stock ones are horrible...

i5 2500K - Asrock Extreme4 Gen3 - G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB- Asus GTX660 Ti - Crucial M4 256Gb

I'm using SwiftKey 3 but trying our Swiftkey Flow this weekend. IMO it depends on what typing style you like. If you are a thumb typer, like I am, regular SwiftKey is great with it's prediction. But if you like to type with one finger, Swiftkey flow isn't bad. It's still a beta and needs some work though.

I use SwiftKey, but I just wish they allow to make your own themes because the stock ones are horrible...
I agree. The stock themes are horrible.

Default keyboard.

Good Morning...

swiftkey, because the HTC keyboard is terrible.

Although the stock Android keyboard is my favorite.

Swiftkey is so awesome! In would say it is by far the best keyboard on the market and it gets better an better, the more you use it. Definitely worth giving it a try!

I used Swipe and then switched to Swiftkey 3. Now I'm back to Swipe.

Don't get me wrong, I like Swiftkey 3 but I just miss "typing" with one finger. I do get more typo in Swipe since I usually 'over-swipe' the letters.

i use default xperia keybaod on my Xperia T

and the jellybean swipe keyboard on the xperia pro when i am not using the physical keys.

used to use better 8 keyboad with a simplistic skin on a xperia x10 and a galaxy S fascinate 4G

I used Swipe and then switched to Swiftkey 3. Now I'm back to Swipe. Don't get me wrong' date=' I like Swiftkey 3 but I just miss "typing" with one finger. I do get more typo in Swipe since I usually 'over-swipe' the letters.[/quote']

SwiftKey Flow ;) search it up.

Swiftkey is the best mobile keyboard, period. It's pretty good from the beginning, but it only improves as you use it. I literally don't even have to look at my phone when typing a text out. For a touch keyboard, that's pretty unheard of, and I deeply missed not having to look when I had a phone with a physical keyboard.

I still check my text after I'm typing to fix the odd wrong word or if I missed a letter and it caused it to not detect the auto-correct, but easily 9/10 full text messages are perfect without looking while I type.

SwiftKey 3. The predictions and corrections are just way more accurate than the stock.

Wait this is LTT and I'm the only one using "Hacker's Keyboard"? It has a full keyboard, yes a full keyboard, who here can get away without a full keyboard? Something is wrong if you don't need a full keyboard (as in all its keys), well I can understand if you are just the artistic type or a barista. :D

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.