Why doesn't Linus Fold?

You would shorten the lifetime of the hardware. 

They have a giant water cooling loop and 

mostly very premium hardware, i don't

really think they have anything to worry 

about.

They will likely swap to new hardware or 

potentially get some kinda sponsorship 

before the current hardware chokes. 

(speculation)

They have a giant water cooling loop and 

mostly very premium hardware, i don't

really think they have anything to worry 

about.

They will likely swap to new hardware or 

potentially get some kinda sponsorship 

before the current hardware chokes. 

(speculation)

The water cooling loop has nothing to do with what i am trying to  say. Yes temperature dose play a factor on how long the hw will last but i was more thinking about the fact that, over night every night you would be maxing the gpu and cpu something they are not designed to do.

The water cooling loop has nothing to do with what i am trying to  say. Yes temperature dose play a factor on how long the hw will last but i was more thinking about the fact that, over night every night you would be maxing the gpu and cpu something they are not designed to do.

It has everything to do with what you say, as you are talking about life expectancy of the hardware.

And i have been running most of my hardware 24/7 for months, no problems here. The hardware is

indeed made to be used, and not sit idle. Although it isn't binned/selected specifically to guarantee

24/7 operation for certain periods. considering it's consumer hardware and all. But Hardware doesn't

outright die that easily when handled correctly. They have titans, i have scrubby mid/high range gpu's.

and no-one has said anything about running the hardware 24/7 100% load, although that really 

shouldn't be an issue.

doctory is fucked up, i would never do folding and using our hardware resources to develop their venom filled pills it's such a joke, it will generate rather hefty electricity and heat produced on stock cooler would almost kill my processor.

Pande lab doesn't produce drugs, they are doing research, science

that will be published. On which other companies can base their 

work on.

this isn't "the medical industry" this is a specific research group at

Stanford university. 

Would be an interesting idea as a project. Maybe make a video on FAH and\or BOINC so other people might chip in to the cause. 

@LinusTech how about a Techquickie for F@H / BOINC and them some shameless advertising of your affiliate teams?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Modern GPUs are pretty hard to kill, I have multiple GPUs that have been mining 24/7 for close to two years, haven't lost one yet.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

I fold 24/7 on my rigs and everything has held up perfectly fine over the past 1.5 yrs and my 1st gen PS3 folded 24/7 if I wasn't gaming on it and it lasted 5 yrs

Project Gray Scale
Intel Core i7 6900k @ 4.2Ghz - Dominator 32GB DDR4 2400 CL10 - Samsung 970 EVO+ 1TB NVMe - 2 Samsung 840 EVO 1TB (Gaming and Sratch) - 2 Barracuda 2TB 
Asus x99 Deluxe - MSI Aero OC GTX 1080Ti - Seasonic 760 XP² - Mod1PC Custom Cables - EKWB CPU & GPU Blocks Nickle/Plexi - EKWB D5 PWM 
EKWB PE360 - Corsair ML120 (6)  - InWin 303- NK65 Entry Watermelon w/ Gat Laseron 70g (205g0 & Filmed) - Logitech G Pro x Superlight
Kanto YU2 - Sennheiser PC360 SE - Acer XF270HU

BUT DOES IT FOLD?! https://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=963814

I don't think it shortens the life enough to matter. But the electricity bill at LLT HQ would be immense if they folded.
I Boinc'd on an i7 laptop at work for 2 years, Thing is still running strong and it's turning 3 now. Just keep it under 99C and you'll be ok 8D

Play: Liten v3 (4970k @ 4.6GHz, 32GB Ram, Asus GTX 1070 Strix)