Intel Celeron CPU and HD 6770 GDDR5= Bottleneck?

I decided to use a lower end cpu for a faster gpu and was wondering if I was bottlenecking.

Intel Celeron G530 (using this because I read it had great $/performance ratio)

MSI 6770 1gb GDDR5

The Celeron G530 is an absolutely fantastic processor overall. You will run into a slight bottleneck in comparison to something like a Radeon 7970 @ 1080p or multi-display situations, but anything lower than that and you shouldn't see any issues.

The Celeron G530 is an absolutely fantastic processor overall. You will run into a slight bottleneck in comparison to something like a Radeon 7970 @ 1080p or multi-display situations, but anything lower than that and you shouldn't see any issues.
Alright! :) Thanks a whole whoppin bunch bro! You helped me on both threads! I really do appreciate it!

You can run decent games with this videocard but, they may not run smoothly on a machine with this processor.. you probably will experience bottleneck bro

what do you plan to use the computer for?

6770 is a weaker card in general. Try opening task manager and msi afterburner at the same time and see if either one goes above 90%, if one does, that is bottlenecking (usually). If both do then it's just because of the weaker components.

I upgraded a 960t to a 3570k and while playing bf3 my usage went from 90% to 20%. And my fps increased by around 15-20 (same gpu)

RIP in pepperonis m8s

You can run decent games with this videocard but, they may not run smoothly on a machine with this processor.. you probably will experience bottleneck bro

what do you plan to use the computer for?

Mincraft, APB Reloaded and LoL

Minecraft will Rape this CPU. I mean it rapes all CPU's but this one will struggle.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

Minecraft will Rape this CPU. I mean it rapes all CPU's but this one will struggle.
well I guess im changing the CPU

How about a g540?
It will be fine because i have amd athlon II x2 245e and i still can run minecraft + bukkit server for 5 people without lag so dont worry unless youre making a server for 20+ people....

CPU: AMD R7 5800x | GPU: XFX 5500XT 4GB | RAM: 2x8GB Kingston Fury Renegade 3600MHz CL16 | Cooling: Deepcool Gammaxx L360 | MB: Aorus B550 Elite V2 | Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb & WD20EAZX | Case: Antec DF700

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga 460: Intel 6200U | 8GB | 256GB SSD | Active pen

The Celeron would be fine, but out of curiosity how much are you paying for the HD6770? Due to the limited stock it tends to be of poor value, so you might be able to fine a better card for the price.

Minecraft is mostly single threaded and requires very little to run. The G530 would be fine, I'd expect it to hit a GPU bottleneck before that.

The Celeron would be fine, but out of curiosity how much are you paying for the HD6770? Due to the limited stock it tends to be of poor value, so you might be able to fine a better card for the price.

Minecraft is mostly single threaded and requires very little to run. The G530 would be fine, I'd expect it to hit a GPU bottleneck before that.

50 bucks. will an nvidia card be better for the money?

If you can shift physics processing over to the GPU rather than CPU then that combination will work for all games you listed. Might not be able to max out all detail settings but they will still luck very good. Bottleneck is highly unlikely to be ran into or be noticeable. If games are hevailly CPU based then a faster CPU would be advisable but this config will work fairly reasonably.

That's a pretty good deal, looks fine in that case. It's just that I've seen them being sold at upwards of $100, so I thought it'll be worth checking.