DragonWar Dragunov Gaming Mouse

So, I got this mouse for 10USD at DataBlitz a few days back... I was looking for a better mouse (for cheap) than my A4Tech, and this fit the bill...

Enter the DragonWar Dragunov Gaming Mouse

cT2vm.jpg

cT2xN.jpg

cT2wJ.jpg

cT2zR.jpg

cT2AI.jpg

Overview

This is a mouse from DragonWar... It features 4 DPI settings (800, 1600, 2400, 3200)... It uses a laser sensor (?) with a blue LED on the underside...

It fits nicely in the hand, with the contours giving extra support...

Build Quality

The mouse has a soft rubbery finish which feels premium... The cable is braided and ends with a gold-plated plug (something really nice to have at this price point).. The mouse itself is fairly light, and the buttons are very nice to press... The mouse-wheel, however, feels very flimsy, and I think this will be the first to break...

Features

Other than your left, mid, and right clicks and your mouse wheel, there are three additional buttons to this mouse... Two thumb buttons and a DPI switch... The thumb buttons can be reassigned using the X-Mouse Button Control software... The DPI switch cycles through the four DPI settings...

I personally use the mouse at 1600/2400DPI and I reassigned the thumb buttons for scrolling (I like to keep classic controls in my games)...

Other comments

It feels weird to switch DPI on the fly... I may not have gotten used to this yet since I've only used it for a few days... So far, it's been a pleasant experience with the mouse helping reduce strain on my right hand... I'm starting to like DragonWar as a manufacturer...

Nice review! Imo it does not have enough DPI though.

I'm inexperienced on the DPI thing... All I know is that higher DPI=faster cursor or I may be completely wrong...

The sensor is rubbish compared to the actual gaming/precision stuff found in high-end mice, but it's better than the one on my A4Tech...

I'm inexperienced on the DPI thing... All I know is that higher DPI=faster cursor or I may be completely wrong...

The sensor is rubbish compared to the actual gaming/precision stuff found in high-end mice, but it's better than the one on my A4Tech...

What is the highest end mouse you have ever tested? For comparisons sake.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

Nice review! Imo it does not have enough DPI though.

It doesnt have enough DPI? how? I literally use  600 DPI on my g500

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

RIGHT? like dude i talk to people who are like "yeh dude ive been using 2900 dpi" and i cant stand anything passed 1.2k... :S

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

400 DPI 24/7.

I adore it

༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ GIB 960 ༼ つ ◕_◕༽つ

What is the highest end mouse you have ever tested? For comparisons sake.

A Razer Naga... Don't know which version...

Lol that's such a razer rip off. 

If we have to take a look at it at another angle, I think it's good that they aren't charging a price premium just because of the brand name.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

If we have to take a look at it at another angle, I think it's good that they aren't charging a price premium just because of the brand name.

They don't have the name recognition to charge more or they would.

They don't have the name recognition to charge more or they would.

Which is what I'm happy about, seeing as some products are charged so high entirely because of name recognition alone.

It also helps that Dragon War is being more budget friendly with their stuff. They kind of have to, seeing their quality.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

I use like 3700-4000 on my NAOS 7000.

Seriously? what sensitivity is your windows setting on? I use like 600 with the windows sensitivity in the middle and that is on a 1440p display too

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Seriously? what sensitivity is your windows setting on? I use like 600 with the windows sensitivity in the middle and that is on a 1440p display too

It is on the default 6th step and this is on a 2560x1080 monitor.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

It is on the default 6th step and this is on a 2560x1080 monitor.

Strange, if I put my mouse up to that it moves like 500 miles a second

Strange, if I put my mouse up to that it moves like 500 miles a second

I have so big hands that something is always touching the mouse pad and it bugs me so I just set the DPI high so I don't have to move my hand so much.

Which is what I'm happy about, seeing as some products are charged so high entirely because of name recognition alone.

It also helps that Dragon War is being more budget friendly with their stuff. They kind of have to, seeing their quality.

This is the second DragonWar product that I have... The other being my keyboard... They have pretty good stuff under 20USD... compared to the competing products in the same price range...

Saw this mouse at DataBlitz when i was looking for a mouse, decided on an Elephant mouse instead :) 

Saw this mouse at DataBlitz when i was looking for a mouse, decided on an Elephant mouse instead :)

How is it? I was also considering that one, but this one had the side buttons that can be reassigned so I went for this one...

How is it? I was also considering that one, but this one had the side buttons that can be reassigned so I went for this one...

I got the Blade Runner model. It's pretty good, has side buttons too and 4 DPI settings as well (cant remember them ATM).A lot of my friends have it, so I got it too

I got the Blade Runner model. It's pretty good, has side buttons too and 4 DPI settings as well (cant remember them ATM).A lot of my friends have it, so I got it too

I checked it out on NCIX (Elephant's site is compromised...)... It looks similar to this one, other than the textures and some of the buttons... They might have the same OEM...

I checked it out on NCIX (Elephant's site is compromised...)... It looks similar to this one, other than the textures and some of the buttons... They might have the same OEM...

Yeah, they look pretty similar. Elephant's site is absolute sh*t, lol.

I use like 3700-4000 on my NAOS 7000.

I use 1200 on my NAOS 7000

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4