Sennheiser HD650 Hell yeah! or Hell no!

Recon97

really overkill.

more hell no than yes

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

over kill, there more for music then gaming :P you can spend a little less

over kill, there more for music then gaming :P you can spend a little less

Like what?

DT 990 pro's is what I use to be l33t counter strike footstep-listener but that's pretty overkill if you just using it for games.

DT 990 pro's is what I use to be l33t counter strike footstep-listener but that's pretty overkill if you just using it for games.

How about DT 990 Premium for gaming and light music.

How about DT 990 Premium for gaming and light music.

I use the Pro's because they are really open.

If you want open headphones why not HD518 or 558?

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

If you can afford them why not get them they are great headphones but you'll need an amp to get the best out of them another option would be the Philips Fidelio x2 heard they were even better than the 650s and they have an impedance of 35 ohms so you can drive them even with a phone

so if you want the best out of your sound you may want to spend some of your hard earned money on it if not you can still have decent headphones for much cheaper

Best for all things

beats-headphones.jpg

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Agreed, I've heard that all the master soldering work is done by Dre himself

I use the Pro's because they are really open.

They are both open

The pro is having higher pressure from the headband and a coiled cord.

If you can afford them why not get them they are great headphones but you'll need an amp to get the best out of them another option would be the Philips Fidelio x2 heard they were even better than the 650s and they have an impedance of 35 ohms so you can drive them even with a phone

so if you want the best out of your sound you may want to spend some of your hard earned money on it if not you can still have decent headphones for much cheaper

You kind of say that hd650 is great if i can afford it while others neglect.

Best for all thingsbeats-headphones.jpg

Yep its sexy in looking.....but no.

Its a great headphone for the price people how buy it are usually very happy with it there are people who prefer it even to the hd 800 and to the people telling you its overkill for gaming the HD 650 is one of the best headphones for gaming it has a great soundstage making you able to pinpoint and enemy without even looking and if you want proof that its great Linus has one and he always praises it even though he never reviewed it for whatever reason but now he uses his hd8 djs more often because babies

HD650 got good sounds, but it's tilted heavily toward the warmer side. You might like it, but then again, you might not. The higher a headphone's class, the more distinct the sound signature is (the more 'you either love them or hate them'). It's better if you tried them yourself, before going for the buy, if you can. If you prefer the less warm version, that's the HD600. 

Personally, I like Hifiman's HE400 more than HD650. They're both on the warmer side, but I feel HE400 got more distinct highs to compensate for the overall warmness.

I'm not a fan of the 650s; they sound good, but they are quite boring. For the same price you can get Shure SRH-1540s, which IMO are way better

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Its a great headphone for the price people how buy it are usually very happy with it there are people who prefer it even to the hd 800 and to the people telling you its overkill for gaming the HD 650 is one of the best headphones for gaming it has a great soundstage making you able to pinpoint and enemy without even looking and if you want proof that its great Linus has one and he always praises it even though he never reviewed it for whatever reason but now he uses his hd8 djs more often because babies

I think i will hit on 650.What DAC/AMP to use? Is mobo sound card enough? its formula vii

Hells yeah!!! HD650 is not over kill. Get the HD650, one of the best purchases I have ever made. The price is justified, imo. They sound beautiful and still blow me away every time I listen to music.

I think i will hit on 650.What DAC/AMP to use? Is mobo sound card enough? its formula vii

How much do you want to spend? I personally think that the neutral bright Schiit sound signature matches well with the warm rich sound of the HD650. I have used both the Modi/Magni combo and the Bifrost uber/Asgard 2, I kept the latter but they really both do sound fantastic and you should be happy with either combo and it depends on how picky you are about minor details. The O2+ODAC is also a popular route to take.

Hells yeah!!! HD650 is not over kill. Get the HD650, one of the best purchases I have ever made. The price is justified, imo. They sound beautiful and still blow me away every time I listen to music.

How much do you want to spend? I personally think that the neutral bright Schiit sound signature matches well with the warm rich sound of the HD650. I have used both the Modi/Magni combo and the Bifrost uber/Asgard 2, I kept the latter but they really both do sound fantastic and you should be happy with either combo and it depends on how picky you are about minor details. The O2+ODAC is also a popular route to take.

Do they perform "hell yea" in gaming too?

Do they perform "hell yea" in gaming too?

I think so. I can always hear where people are in CSGO and such. They are also very immersive for games like Alien isolation, all those little sounds and details are very easy to appreciate with the HD650.