Something to stop my wrist hurting?

ShuanW50

So when I use my mouse for gaming ect my wrist sits on the edge of my desk, after a while it starts to hurt. Anybody know any idea or item that I can buy to fix this issue?

Get something that supports your wrist, like a mouse pad with a wrist rest.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Could you not just move the mouse 'up' your desk so it's not your wrist sitting on the edge - it's your forearm? If that's not possible, then you can buy mousepads with like a gel wristrest "built in" which could help but may make your whole hand grip a little awkward..

Before I had a proper wrist rest, my wrist would also sit on the edge and slowly cut(seriously) my wrist.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Could you not just move the mouse 'up' your desk so it's not your wrist sitting on the edge - it's your forearm? If that's not possible, then you can buy mousepads with like a gel wristrest "built in" which could help but may make your whole hand grip a little awkward..

I just ordered a razer mouse mat, wrist should be able to sit on that.

That's a improper way to position your hand. You can get carpal tunnel from your hand resting on the edge of the table .
Try to adjust your set (if possible ) higher so ur arms are leveled with the keyboard/ mouse. 
nucleus-medical-art-carpal-tunnel-syndro

Stop masturbating, im sorry you walked right into that one, a wrist rest would help but also excersise your wrist and stretch it frequently.

My specs:Fractal Define R4, i5 2550k, Asus GTX 560ti 2GB, Samsung 840 pro 120GB SSD, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM ,Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Corsair 600w PSU

That's a improper way to position your hand. You can get carpal tunnel from your hand resting on the edge of the table .

Try to adjust your set (if possible ) higher so ur arms are leveled with the keyboard/ mouse. 

nucleus-medical-art-carpal-tunnel-syndro

Thanks, so your wrist should be up not down.

Thanks, so your wrist should be up not down.

Yes,wrists should be leveled with your arms or up. (Like the picture shows)

It may be a hard habit to change for some. 

But, it is a good change to prevent carpal tunnel  ;)

Buy an XFX warpad. It clamps on to the edge of the desk to stop your wrist from rubbing on the desk.

Stomp on your foot. No for serious put the mouse further up the table and get anything for wrist support.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Stop masturbating, im sorry you walked right into that one, a wrist rest would help but also excersise your wrist and stretch it frequently.

lol

BLAOW!!!!

Ive never had wrist problems ever with my mouse even in a marathon of Blacklight and Aion for over 15hours.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

So when I use my mouse for gaming ect my wrist sits on the edge of my desk, after a while it starts to hurt. Anybody know any idea or item that I can buy to fix this issue?

i know what you mean my keyboard hand is having this same problems. ive grinded it down and tried everything... put some black rubber tape on it helped tell it peels off

check out these armrest gadgets there sooo much more comfortable then anything that you put between you and the desk.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ErgoRest&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AErgoRest

they also have the advantage of keeping your arm at the same level if you game this helps with muscle memory.. if not gaming it keeps that slicing from happening.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ErgoRest&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3AErgoRest

Gel Ice Pack, can use it as a wrist rest and doubles to reduce any inflation of your wrist muscles/tendons/etc., a couple Advil when it gets really bad (helps with inflammation, consult your doc of course).

I know you're not going to stop mice-ing so might as well add preventative measures. Then there's always leap motion come July ;)

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

I'm quite sure you would, as many have suggested, benefit from a wrist supporting mousepad. I used to have a regular no name mousepad and my hand was getting tired all the time. Now that I have a Razer Vespula (Any will do, just an example) that never occurs any more. I'm on the computer almost all day and I don't feel any stress or pain in my wrist any more.

Cut your foot off, I can assure you your wrist won't hurt anymore.

So many things I could write here... things like this.