Anyone Else Pissed? [Game of Thrones Spoilers! s3e09]

リチャード

Game of Thrones, Season 3 Episode 9...... The rest of this post will assume you've watched it.

I just watched it, and I had to go out into the kitchen and pace around talking about how I was going to kill the lot of the Freys. I was so looking forward to their cooperation with the Freys to hold the North. Robb and Jeyne having the child and raising it as a prince of the North, themselves being king and queen of the North. But no....

I'm so f***ing pissed right now. I was betting for Robb/his company to win the North in the end, and being allied to Daenerys whom I wanted to take the south of Westeros. Just got to vent this fuming inside me right now... god damn, f***ing shit....

Well, since they said the Freys plotted that with the Lanisters... right now I want the Lanisters to betray them and do that same thing to them. Man, they didn't even kill the Starks in a quick and honorable way. They backstabbed them and let them suffer... Not sure if I'm mad or sad. Both. F*** it. F*** me. F*** this, I'm going to bed.

[i apologize if I've spelled any names wrong.]

To clarify: I'm not mad at George or anything about this decision. I just get emotional about my second favorite characters dying. I'm in no way hating or disliking the books/show/whatever just because of the way things happen. I'm not new to books or series and this is natural. That does not still my anger that it has to happen, however.

I'm a sad hamster right now, and I need an adc redhead to make me a happy hamster :(

No.

Might contain some spoilers for season 3.

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I was so f***ing pissed when I watched it. No joke. 

Daenerys all the way now...

Hardware: | CPU: i5 3570k | Graphics: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Mobo: MSI z77a-G45 Gaming | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Peripherals: Logitech G502 | CM Storm Quickfire Pro (Red switch) |

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Elaborate pls. :)

Elaborate pls. :)

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

On a sidenote: when I read this passage in the book (for those that don't know: every 12-14 pages there's a change of the PoV - I think it was first Robb and then Catelyn with an inner monologue about everything) I literally just looked into the air for 5-10 minutes thinking: What did I just read? Is this real life (insert meme here)?

Shit.. I'm going to read the books now.

I am not going to wait for half a year to get the next season, or a week to maybe get a 10th episode in this season. I ain't doing it. Time to get down and dirty with some fire and some ice.

Shit.. I'm going to read the books now.

I am not going to wait for half a year to get the next season, or a week to maybe get a 10th episode in this season. I ain't doing it. Time to get down and dirty with some fire and some ice.

A year to the next season... 4-5 years more for the seventh/eighth season :D

A year to the next season... 4-5 years more for the seventh/eighth season :D

Only more reason...

first: I love that I am in an era where 'television' of this scale and magnitude can be seen. traditionally a television show that cost this much a show that is shot on several countries and with this much post production and quality of sets..... I am speechless. this is something that is usually only seen in movie making. 

I love that they aren't catering to the masses where every episode needs to be splattered with dragons and blood although I am still on the fence about the extra tits and ass that are shown but meh... sex happens, its natural and doesn't seem out of place.

I love how they interweaved the songs into the previous episodes to really bring that extra depth to this episode... also I loved how they ended in silence... at the end my mind was racing with the implications all that happened and I needed to sit and meditate to take it all in. 

it is a true testament to how engrossing the story is that the internet is blowing up this much over this last episode I am so glad that I didn't read the books so that I could have this and share this visceral emotional 'gutting' that I experienced last night. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE

I honestly didn't think this scene was that bad. I mean if any of you have watched the show Spartacus (BEST SERIES IVE EVER SEEN) there is a scene where he cuts a guys head in half and the two halves of his brain fall out

I honestly didn't think this scene was that bad. I mean if any of you have watched the show Spartacus (BEST SERIES IVE EVER SEEN) there is a scene where he cuts a guys head in half and the two halves of his brain fall out

yeah but it was random stormtrooper number 24 that got killed. 

the difference is that people, characters that people had a connection... an emotional connection with that were affected. not just some random CGI actor. 

To clarify: I'm not mad at George or anything about this decision. I just get emotional about my second favorite characters dying. I'm in no way hating or disliking the books/show/whatever just because of the way things happen. I'm not new to books or series and this is natural. That does not still my anger that it has to happen, however.

I'm a sad hamster right now, and I need an adc redhead to make me a happy hamster :(

yeah but it was random stormtrooper number 24 that got killed. 

the difference is that people, characters that people had a connection... an emotional connection with that were affected. not just some random CGI actor. 

Obviously you have never seen the show I'm referring too all of the characters in this show have deep meaning and connection however. Much worse has happened them in Spartacus then in GoT. I just feel like people are over reacting

yeah.... that slow motion y - a - a - r - r - g - g - g - h - h and slow motion cgi blood spray done in fast time then slowed down for another slow motion sword thrust y - a - a - a - r - r - g - g - h show.. yeah I watched that. it was cool for what it was 

I'm pretty sure the most goriest of deaths were reserved for random soldiers the one I really remember with the brains and a jaw bone was a random soldier. 

I'm sorry GoT isn't bloody enough for you if shows are measured in blood and dismemberments perhaps the next episode might be good for you? remember the sigil for house Bolton is the flayed man. it really bothered me that house bolton was part of the armies of the north but now with this episode that puzzle piece of house Bolton really clicked and fell into place. 

It was intense, i didn't see it coming,(didn't read books) but WOW. I'm not too upset, i kind of enjoyed it, i just had a feeling someone was going to die, someone always dies in every season!

| Core i5 3570k @4.5GHz | Antec Kuhler 920 | CoolerMaster HAF XM | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H | Corsair TX750W |  
             | GTX 680 @+165/+690 | OCZ Vertex4 128GB x2 | SB 500GB & 320GB | G.Skill Ripjaw X 8GB DDR3 1866 |

yeah.... that slow motion y - a - a - r - r - g - g - g - h - h and slow motion cgi blood spray done in fast time then slowed down for another slow motion sword thrust y - a - a - a - r - r - g - g - h show.. yeah I watched that. it was cool for what it was 

I'm pretty sure the most goriest of deaths were reserved for random soldiers the one I really remember with the brains and a jaw bone was a random soldier. 

I'm sorry GoT isn't bloody enough for you if shows are measured in blood and dismemberments perhaps the next episode might be good for you? remember the sigil for house Bolton is the flayed man. it really bothered me that house bolton was part of the armies of the north but now with this episode that puzzle piece of house Bolton really clicked and fell into place. 

Im not saying anything about Spartacus vs GoT. I was using it as a reference for people over reacting to what was supposed to happen. Ive read a lot of people were cancelling their HBO subscriptions because of this episode

Even though I knew it was going to happen, I still couldn't prepare for that scene. A lot of emotions racing throughout that moment but they done a great job portraying the horror of it. But not to worry, there are still plenty of characters who have interesting story lines in the show :D 

As for the picture, it practically sums up Game of Thrones and is pointed towards those who expected a fairy tale story.

60170-Iwan-Rheon-if-you-think-this-h-dlh

PC Specs: Case - Antec 900; Mobo - ASRock Z77 Pro3; CPU - Intel i5-3570k @ 4.2 Ghz; GPU - Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Vapor-X 3GB; RAM - 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz; CPU Cooler - Corsait H100i; HDD - 1TB Western Digital Black; PSU - 550W Antec Power Supply

I've come to expect people to die all the time in Game of Thrones. :P

so is Balon Greyjoy a unic now????  remember that episode....ouch!!  or that was what we were supposed to think?  I love the interaction between Jamie Lanister and Brian of Tarth and now the Hound and Aria.   Waiting another freaking year for season 4 is going to be painful.  They should have at least given us 20 episodes per season.  I've heard season 3 only covers half of the book.  I swear each 1hr GOT episode feels like 10min.  I guess now Osha is officially a second mother to the Stark boys.  Poor Egrett!! she feels so betrayed.  That was weird Bran turning out to be a Whog and all.  I truly hope the cast of GOT don't start demanding more money and cause delays.  Truly one of the best shows out there.

so is Balon Greyjoy a unic now????  remember that episode....ouch!!  or that was what we were supposed to think?  I love the interaction between Jamie Lanister and Brian of Tarth and now the Hound and Aria.   Waiting another freaking year for season 4 is going to be painful.  They should have at least given us 20 episodes per season.  I've heard season 3 only covers half of the book.  I swear each 1hr GOT episode feels like 10min.  I guess now Osha is officially a second mother to the Stark boys.  Poor Egrett!! she feels so betrayed.  That was weird Bran turning out to be a Whog and all.  I truly hope the cast of GOT don't start demanding more money and cause delays.  Truly one of the best shows out there.

Each episode is quite expensive to make, so 10 episodes isn't all that bad. Also, you COULD read the books instead of waiting for the next season (I've been meaning to but still haven't gotten around to it...)

I didn't see it coming at all and, though none of those killed were favorite characters of mine, two of the three major characters who died in this episode were characters we had come to know over the course of three entire seasons. It was a shock from which I am still trying to recover.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn