Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gachr

Windows 10 Insider Topic

28 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Hm ok, but I see so many things on your desktop, BitDenfer and a bunch of other stuff.

I've actually reinstalled almost all my software, Files on the desktop already exist since the files are stored on the D : drive, some icon on the desktop doesn't show any logo since I didn't reinstall them

image.png.8bc99d4dc12a4b6acd21be45be0fab0f.png

edit: regarding about the Nvidia Optimus technology, apparently the GPU supports it but as far as I recalled, it's not enabled due to "not supported" message

Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2019 at 8:08 PM, GoodBytes said:

That indicates that an upgrade block has been put in place. This probabnly because of the issue you faced before and probably you were not alone on it.

You'll sadly have to wait.

My Surface Pro 3 cannot upgrade either to the latest build, WIndows Update shows an error even before it does anything. However, my old desktop ha sno issue. So this may be an upgrade block in place as well. Feedback Hub suggest I am not alone.

so regarding about the upgrade block issue, I've contacted Microsoft on their forum and ran their appraiser PowerShell script and here the result the PowerShell script which I find very weird( and yes,  I did reassign drive letter after I reinstalled windows- between DVD drive and SD card)1896065639_Screenshot(117).png.f8a3b9dc3e5f0911e5c4f82370957a82.png

Update: Turns out disconnecting my SD card allows me to update to the release preview build 

image.png.25c1b3d9d32d92e42b0afe5096288bd9.png

Edited by Yongtjunkit
update info
7 hours ago, Yongtjunkit said:

so regarding about the upgrade block issue, I've contacted Microsoft on their forum and ran their appraiser PowerShell script and here the result the PowerShell script which I find very weird( and yes,  I did reassign drive letter after I reinstalled windows- between DVD drive and SD card)

Sounds like a bug in the PowerShell script. Or a PowerShell version issue, or the script detected old stuff that is no longer an issue or been removed.

Update: Turns out disconnecting my SD card allows me to update to the release preview build 

So it seems that it PS script did work despite the errors, and the second thing needed was your SD card.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

So it seems that it PS script did work despite the errors, and the second thing needed was your SD card.

Yup I guess Microsoft should make it clearer(it might actually pull the error from the logs ) and since my SD card reader on my laptop is from Realtek I guess it won’t be accurate since it’s still a known issue.

Apparently that also seems like it’s affecting the some surface devices as well, workaround is to remove the SD card before clicking the install/update button(for the feature update) 

I actually wonder what does this means 

Spoiler

If you have redirected any Known Folders (for example: Desktop, Documents, Pictures), an empty folder with that same name is created in your %userprofile% directory when you update. Your Known Folders are redirected if you chose to back up your content to OneDrive using the OneDrive wizard, or if you chose to keep your content backed up during the Windows Out-of-box-Experience (OOBE). You may have also redirected your Known Folders manually through the Properties Dialog in File Explorer. This issue does not cause any user files to be deleted and a fix is in progress.

link: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/03/20/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18362/

On 4/18/2019 at 9:17 PM, GoodBytes said:

Sounds like a bug in the PowerShell script. Or a PowerShell version issue, or the script detected old stuff that is no longer an issue or been removed.

I’ve just got a BSOD when I remove my pen drive without doing safety eject 

Guessing the issue is very random as I can’t reproduce it now 

D67CC157-E0C6-48F7-BE7D-3AAC1E22ED0D.thumb.jpeg.d8c9549e7a8a15972a5c00f24849c7cf.jpegF2CD0D81-F451-4F38-809B-3EE7C6F5A498.thumb.jpeg.f46de9c39bda8b373e2c3ba0cd31e79f.jpeg

Anyone else getting Error on Windows Update for the Windows 10 1903 RTM build? Everything works, but it just refuses to even check for updates and whines that it failed to connect to the update service. Ugh.

Please forgive my ignorance from a hiatus from this topic but the May update is live now? my update is showing fully updated on build 1809 on a non-insider build.

PC - NZXT 340 Black, Intel i7 6900k, Artic Alpine 11 Pro Cooler, 16GB Corsair DDR 4 2133mhz, Asus H170 Pro Gaming , Gigabyte 1080 OC Windforce, Samsung 250GB EVO, 1TB WD Black.

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

4 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Please forgive my ignorance from a hiatus from this topic but the May update is live now? my update is showing fully updated on build 1809 on a non-insider build.

I have been fairly busy lately, so I kinda didn't post anything here unless there is some substantial new feature with new builds. I mean the last one, Task Manager now identifies your drive type (HDD or SSD)... yay?! So I didn't bother, unless I have time to do a write up. Usually at the end of a release and beginning of a new one, it is fairly dead on features.

As for your question, yes May 2019 update  (1903) has been released.

More here: 

10 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Yes. The rollout is done in phases, so it may take some time until the update appears for you.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/05/21/how-to-get-the-windows-10-may-2019-update/#YLqXUpvOU32fIZfT.97