So I was diagnosed with cancer last week...

Kamina

Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia(ALL), cancer in my white blood cells.

What made me see a doctor? I noticed bruising and bleeding, I was getting pale and very fatique. I suspected it was some sort lymphoma or leukemia. I hestitated a bit but my lymph nodes were getting swollen and spreading fast, overcrowding my blood cells which lowered my platelates(it creates blood clots). I'd say I've had cancer for a little over a month.

It's been a rough week and have had 3 chemo sessions, I have now been discharged from the hospital and I can live peacefully at home for the time being and not be woken up every few hours for lab work and vital checks. Hospital food is the worst too.

So far my spinal fluid is clear of cancer (no cancer in brain) although will be doing LP's (Lumbar Punctures/spinal tabs) to prevent spreading of the cancer to my brain. I will be starting my second phase next month called consolidation which will be a bone marrow biopsy(to see the cancer cells, which also helped diagnosed me the same time I saw my doctor for a full bood count) and that will determine if I can go into remission or start my second phase of chemo. 

I'm 20 years old, lived a hard life and was getting my life together for once, and now I have another challlenge to face. Life hasn't given me much of a break. Just wanted to vent and have others hear my story. To make it a better story, my insurance has it all covered without limits since my parents work at a hospital. All I can do now is wait, eat well, rest, and enjoy every moment I may have left.

I'm so sorry to hear that :( I wish you the best of luck with your treatment and hope it goes well for you and that you aren't in too much pain from the chemo. :'(

All I can really give is to tell you to be prepared for the bone marrow biopsy, as it can hurt a lot :/

Edit: If you can try to get some fruits that are high in antioxidants; such as fruit or vegetables containing Vitamin E. As well as boosting your vitamin levels and helping to fight off any infections you may receive, due to your weakened immune system, they will also help to scavenge up any Free Radicals/Reactive Oxygen Species; could help with the chemo therapy too :)

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

I'm so sorry to hear that :( I wish you the best of luck with your treatment and hope it goes well for you and that you aren't in too much pain from the chemo. :'(

All I can really give is to tell you to be prepared for the bone marrow biopsy, as it can hurt a lot :/

Edit: If you can try to get some fruits that are high in antioxidants; such as fruit or vegetables containing Vitamin E. As well as boosting your vitamin levels and helping to fight off any infections you may receive, due to your weakened immune system, they will also help to scavenge up any Free Radicals/Reactive Oxygen Species; could help with the chemo therapy too :)

Yeah, on the day of was sent to be diagnosed they did it while I was not sedated for a bone barrow biopsy, like 5 times. It hurt even more they said because of the cancer. Since I am being treated as a pediatric they can put me asleep. Poor adults with cancer have it way worse and the oncolognists are much more considerate of me here.

I will be looking at antioxidants like mangosteen. I can't eat any raw foods because of the chemo, but I've had plenty of cooked vegetables. Since I am home now I can control what I eat and when I eat but I have to count my carbs and inject insulin because of the steroids they give you makes your sugar spike, which is also part of the chemo treatment to fight infections. I've had nothing but satistifying meals today, so good day for me being home.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia(ALL), cancer in my white blood cells.

What made me see a doctor? I noticed bruising and bleeding, I was getting pale and very fatique. I suspected it was some sort lymphoma or leukemia. I hestitated a bit but my lymph nodes were getting swollen and spreading fast, overcrowding my blood cells which lowered my platelates(it creates blood clots). I'd say I've had cancer for a little over a month.

It's been a rough week and have had 3 chemo sessions, I have now been discharged from the hospital and I can live peacefully at home for the time being and not be woken up every few hours for lab work and vital checks. Hospital food is the worst too.

So far my spinal fluid is clear of cancer (no cancer in brain) although will be doing LP's (Lumbar Punctures/spinal tabs) to prevent spreading of the cancer to my brain. I will be starting my second phase next month called consolidation which will be a bone marrow biopsy(to see the cancer cells, which also helped diagnosed me the same time I saw my doctor for a full bood count) and that will determine if I can go into remission or start my second phase of chemo. 

I'm 20 years old, lived a hard life and was getting my life together for once, and now I have another challlenge to face. Life hasn't given me much of a break. Just wanted to vent and have others hear my story. To make it a better story, my insurance has it all covered without limits since my parents work at a hospital. All I can do now is wait, eat well, rest, and enjoy every moment I may have left.

Stay strong brother! RESPECT!

Hug a horse<3 very therapeutic

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

I want to make a TTGL joke here but that might be inappropriate

GL

Error: 410

Stay strong. A few years back when I was in high school, a good friend of mine got bone cancer in his left leg when he was only 17 years old. It was the worst thing I ever saw in my life. Luckily doctors were able to save his leg, and he went through chemotherapy successfully.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I truly hope you will make it trough. Had enough experience in my family with this shit, so this actually hit me emotinally. 

Eheh... Eheheh...

You'll be fine.... VaultBoyFO3.png

It's not like leukemia was the death of my grandfather or anything...

Eheh...

I know how it feels having your life in danger because of illness, it's perfectly ok to let it out and cry and get over that feelings; but never give up, keep positive and don't change your plans for the future 'cause you still have it. 

Don't get mad, get even...

I know that you'll stay strong and fight through this and stay on top! Remember we will always be on your side! I sincerely hope you get better. Nobody deserves this!

:)

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!