I think you might need to remove this build, in an effort to stop putting the rest of us to shame hahahaha!

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.

Hardware

CASE: Fractal Design R4

PSU: Seasonic G-Serie 450W

MB: ASRock B75 Pro3-M

CPU: Intel Celeron G1610

HS: Stock Intel heatsink

RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport, 16GB DDR3 1600

RAID CARD: IBM M1015, Flashed with "IT" firmware

SSD: Crucial M500 120GB SSD

HDD 1: 6x 3TB WD30EZRX

HDD 2: 4x 2TB Samsung HD204UI

HDD 3: 1x 2TB WD20EARS

Very nice build :)

Added with 28TB.

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Hardware
DEVICE: HP ProLiant MicroServer
CPU:
 AMD Turion II Neo N54L
RAM:
 4 GB DDR3 ECC
SSD: Samsung 830 128 GB
HDD 1: 4 x 2 TB Seagete Barracuda
HDD 2: 1 x 3 TB Seagate External

Software and Configuration:
MicroServer N54L with untouched bios installed with Windows Server 2012 Essentials. Using the four Barracudas with Storage Spaces configured with two-way mirror. The remaining drive is used for backup.

Usage:
The usage is VPN and sharing media to my other computers. Some backup is also made from my other computers.

Backup:

I have limited the volume to only 3 TB so that I can take backups of all my data to an external drive.

Additional info:

I chose this system to start with because it is extremely affordable, the four drives was more expensive, and those drives are not expensive. Just to paint a picture.

Installed an Intel dual NIC with teaming for home use, and the onboard Broadcom for external use like VPN.

As my total storage with backup is 11 TB I hope I make the list. But the effective storage is much less than that.

Photo's:

I am not a photographer.

ssd.jpg

nic.jpg

ss.png

Tux is a lie.

Hardware

CPU: AMD Turion II Neo N54L

RAM: 4 GB DDR3 ECC

MicroServer N54L with untouched bios installed with Windows Server 2012 Essentials. Using the four Barracudas with Storage Spaces configured with two-way mirror. The remaining drive is used for backup.

Usage:

The usage is VPN and sharing media to my other computers. Some backup is also made from my other computers.

Backup:

I have limited the volume to only 3 TB so that I can take backups of all my data to an external drive.

Additional info:

I chose this system to start with because it is extremely affordable, the four drives was more expensive, and those drives are not expensive. Just to paint a picture.

Installed an Intel dual NIC with teaming for home use, and the onboard Broadcom for external use like VPN.

As my total storage with backup is 11 TB I hope I make the list. But the effective storage is much less than that.

Photo's:

I am not a photographer.

ssd.jpg

nic.jpg

ss.png

Could you give use some benchmarks on that storage pool?

Because I'm doubting if I should use it or get a raid card.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Could you give use some benchmarks on that storage pool?

Because I'm doubting if I should use it or get a raid card.

Don't know much about it, bit got these numbers.

atto.png

Tux is a lie.

Don't know much about it, bit got these numbers.

atto.png

Thank you for the quick responds! :D

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Hardware

I love the micro servers, but sadly external HDD's dont count and there is already a micro server in the noteworthy list :(

Still thank you very much for posting!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Hardware

[...]

Nice! thumb.gif

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I love the micro servers, but sadly external HDD's dont count and there is already a micro server in the noteworthy list :(

Still thank you very much for posting!

Thank you! What if I put an internal drive inside the case with an eSATA to SATA cable from the back? :o

Nice! thumb.gif

Many thanks, sir!

Tux is a lie.

Thank you! What if I put an internal drive inside the case with an eSATA to SATA cable from the back? :o

Sure. :)

I've added another drive to the system and tomorrow, I'm upgrading my CPU. The array is growing as we speak.

Updated my entry with

• CPU: Pentium G1620
  • Storage drives: 2x2TB WDC Green (WD20EARX)
  • Storage drive: 1x2TB WDC Green (WD20EARS)
  • Storage drive: 1x2TB Seagate Barracuda (ST2000DM001)

CPU was G465

As of tomorrow (maybe tonight) I'll have a 4TB NAS finally set up, 3TB external and 3TB in my main machine. Not bad but not good enough to get on the list. I'll get there, but it will take time. 

Yet another update to my Homeserver, officially into the 10TB... Have updated the original post with the photos.

Original post:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/21948-ltt-10tb-storage-show-off-topic/?p=657061

Hardware
CASE: Fractal Design Define Mini
PSU: Seasonic G-360
MB: MSI H77MA-G43
CPU: Intel Pentium G2020
HS: Stock Intel Heatsink
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600
SSD: Corsair Force GT 60GB SSD

HDD 1: 1x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST2000DM001
HDD 2: 1x 2TB Seagate Barracuda Green ST2000DL003
HDD 3: 2x 3TB WD Red WD30EFRX

HDD 4: 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001

My server is running Windows 8 with FlexRAID Transparent Raid(tRaid) for pooling/array. 
The array currently has the two 2TB Seagate drives and one 3TB WD Red as data drives, with the other the 3TB WD Red as a parity drive (7TB Usable, 10TB Total). The 3TB Seagate is a last drive for downloads/misc files, as it kept dropping out of the array, so just left it as a separate drive.

Usage:

Home Server is used for mainly music and videos. Server runs Emit Free/Air Playit Server for access on Android/iOS, and runs Plex for videos, a few devices also use the server for iTunes Libraries. Most computers access the server via SMB with no software. The server also enables a centralized place for downloading programs/videos for everyone's access. 
It’s also for backing up my computers.

Backup:
Currently no backup of entire server. However, most data is replicated in at least one other location to prevent hardware failure from causing data loss.

Additional info:
Server is still fairly unstable even after a few months of experimentation. First tried unRAID for a while, but write performance wasn’t sufficient. Moved to Real Time Raid for FlexRAID, but kept having errors, to the point I was recalculating my entire parity at least once every 2 or 3 days. Moved to tRAID to see if it improves stability, but still a work in progress as tRAID is still in the RC stage. Waiting for tRAID to reach full release before I finalize the software setup.

Need to find the time/energy to test the 3TB Seagate in the array again, and see if it is usable, or I will have to continue just leaving it as a secondary drive. May configure it to backup some of the more important data in the array.

Edited by tycheleto

Desktop: Core i5-2500K, ASUS GTX 560, MSI Z68A GD65, CM HAF 912 Advanced, OCZ Vertex 4, WD 1TB Black, Seasonic P660, Samsung S27A850D, Audioengine A2, Noctua NH-D14, NB eLoops

Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Razer Deathadder 3.5G, Razer Deathadder 2013, Razer Goliathus Control, Razer Manticor

Yet another update to my Homeserver, officially into the 10TB... Have updated the original post with the photos.

Mind inserting a link to the original post? Would spare us having to dig through

the thread to find it. ;)

Nice server though. thumb.gif

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Mind inserting a link to the original post? Would spare us having to dig through

the thread to find it. ;)

Nice server though. thumb.gif

Thanks. Edited and added link to original post.

Desktop: Core i5-2500K, ASUS GTX 560, MSI Z68A GD65, CM HAF 912 Advanced, OCZ Vertex 4, WD 1TB Black, Seasonic P660, Samsung S27A850D, Audioengine A2, Noctua NH-D14, NB eLoops

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013, Razer Deathadder 3.5G, Razer Deathadder 2013, Razer Goliathus Control, Razer Manticor

Very nice server  :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Original post:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/21948-ltt-10tb-storage-show-off-topic/?p=657061

Hardware

CASE: Fractal Design Define Mini

PSU: Seasonic G-360

MB: MSI H77MA-G43

CPU: Intel Pentium G2020

HS: Stock Intel Heatsink

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600

SSD: Corsair Force GT 60GB SSD

HDD 1: 1x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST2000DM001

HDD 2: 1x 2TB Seagate Barracuda Green ST2000DL003

HDD 3: 2x 3TB WD Red WD30EFRX

HDD 4: 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST3000DM001

My server is running Windows 8 with FlexRAID Transparent Raid(tRaid) for pooling/array. 

The array currently has the two 2TB Seagate drives and one 3TB WD Red as data drives, with the other the 3TB WD Red as a parity drive (7TB Usable, 10TB Total). The 3TB Seagate is a last drive for downloads/misc files, as it kept dropping out of the array, so just left it as a separate drive.

Usage:

Home Server is used for mainly music and videos. Server runs Emit Free/Air Playit Server for access on Android/iOS, and runs Plex for videos, a few devices also use the server for iTunes Libraries. Most computers access the server via SMB with no software. The server also enables a centralized place for downloading programs/videos for everyone's access. 

It’s also for backing up my computers.

Backup:

Currently no backup of entire server. However, most data is replicated in at least one other location to prevent hardware failure from causing data loss.

Additional info:

Server is still fairly unstable even after a few months of experimentation. First tried unRAID for a while, but write performance wasn’t sufficient. Moved to Real Time Raid for FlexRAID, but kept having errors, to the point I was recalculating my entire parity at least once every 2 or 3 days. Moved to tRAID to see if it improves stability, but still a work in progress as tRAID is still in the RC stage. Waiting for tRAID to reach full release before I finalize the software setup.

Need to find the time/energy to test the 3TB Seagate in the array again, and see if it is usable, or I will have to continue just leaving it as a secondary drive. May configure it to backup some of the more important data in the array.

Just be cool and run Windows Server Hahahaha.

Nice build though! Same processor as me, and I love it! Amazing that such a cheap processor can transcode 1080P video on the fly... even 2x 1080P videos! (using plex). 

CPU i5 4430 3Ghz | Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 | GPU: GTX 650 Ti 1GB | Mobo: H87N-Wifi | Case: White Bitfenix Prodigy | Boot Drive: 120GB 840 Evo (Mac OS X) 120gb OCZ Vertex 3 (Windows) | Games Drive: 640GB WD Green | OS: Windows 8 & OS X 10.9.1

I love all technology. The perfection of macs for my designer side, and the hardware and fun of tinkering on the of the pc side. We can have it all, just not at the same time.

Very nice server :)

Thanks!

Just be cool and run Windows Server Hahahaha.

Nice build though! Same processor as me, and I love it! Amazing that such a cheap processor can transcode 1080P video on the fly... even 2x 1080P videos! (using plex).

Thanks!

Lazy to get windows server, not the easiest thing to find in Singapore. I tried windows 8 to give myself the backup option of storage spaces if flexraid didn't work out.

I haven't tried on the fly transcoding, since my HTC One and other devices generally do not even access server through plex, but just by browsing network locations. May try it in the future as I collect more videos and devices though.

What I really want to do is set up an FTP server, but my home network is a bit messy atm with two DHCP layers(because I hate the router that my ISP gave me). Will try to fix this in the coming months, and see what happens then..

Thanks!

Thanks!

Lazy to get windows server, not the easiest thing to find in Singapore. I tried windows 8 to give myself the backup option of storage spaces if flexraid didn't work out.

I haven't tried on the fly transcoding, since my HTC One and other devices generally do not even access server through plex, but just by browsing network locations. May try it in the future as I collect more videos and devices though.

What I really want to do is set up an FTP server, but my home network is a bit messy atm with two DHCP layers(because I hate the router that my ISP gave me). Will try to fix this in the coming months, and see what happens then..

I use my windows server for DHCP lol! And if you're a student you can get windows server 2012 for free from dreamspark... That's how I got it. But may not be applicable for you :(

I say slap some Linux with mdadm on there ;)

I say slap some Linux with mdadm on there ;)

Sounds like a bit too much work for me to manage. I'd have to learn how to get it to work, and then maintain it myself, and not 100% sure about app compatibility for some of the things I run. Then there's the key point, which is that I need it to be simple enough that my father can maintain it if I'm not around.

Sounds like a bit too much work for me to manage. I'd have to learn how to get it to work, and then maintain it myself, and not 100% sure about app compatibility for some of the things I run. Then there's the key point, which is that I need it to be simple enough that my father can maintain it if I'm not around.

Your updated system is now in the list :)

Very nice system :P

Its Alive!!!

10643883343_baa9a67b4f_b.jpg

Intel Xeon 1230v2

Supermicro SuperChassis 743TQ-865B-SQ

Supermicro motherboard X9SCL-F

Crucial DDR ECC 1600 32gb

LSI 9207-8i raid controller

64gb SSD

8 2tb Drives Raid 5

3 x Hitachi 2tb

5 x WD Red 2tb 

865W gold power supply 

Windows server 2012 R2

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

Its Alive!!!

<server.jpg>

Intel Xeon 1230v2

Supermicro SuperChassis 743TQ-865B-SQ

Supermicro motherboard X9SCL-F

Crucial DDR ECC 1600 32gb

LSI 9207-8i raid controller

64gb SSD

8 2tb Drives Raid 5

3 x Hitachi 2tb

5 x WD Red 2tb 

865W gold power supply 

Windows sever 2012 R2

Very nice

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715