Your favored Blue or Brown MX keyboard.

I'm planning on buying a mechanical keyboard at around 150 euro (200ish$) sometime soon.

I'm hoping my budget is enough for pretty much anything - I'd like RGB backlighting, it to look nice (matte black or grey, maybe metal), a numbpad, and media keys (I don't care about Macros :) )

But my problem is, I've never owned one :( So tell me - what are your favorite typing intensive and light gaming mechanical keyboards? And what are the main noticeable differences between Blue and Brown switches?

Thanks!!

Edit: Why would you reccomend said keyboards?

Sleepy: |  R7 1700@ 3.7GHz (NHD-15) | MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic | GIGABYTE Windforce GTX 1080 | 16GB of RAM | 8TBs of HDD | 128GB SSD| S340 Tempered Glass | XFX 550w Bronze 80+ PSU | 40" 4K panel, and 3 1080p bois

Corsair K70.

Blues make a very audible click when pressed, browns don't.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Ducky shine zero with blues hands down

Ola Englund does not approve of your hashtags. Sleep is for the weak, insomnia builds character.

As you are reading this you are slowly traveling forwards in time to where you will get out of the time machine and continue to read posts. Too spookyfor100me.

The main difference between Blue and Brown switches, is that Blue switches click when pressed, Browns don't. Here is a guide to better explains it: http://www.daskeyboard.com/blog/mechanical-keyboard-guide/

Brown switches are also a bit lighter to press down than Blue switches.

But we can't really tell you what switch type you will prefere. It's all personal taste. I would suggest either picking up a sample kit, or going to a store to try out the different switch types

if what you listed are what you look for in a keyboard, I would take a look at the Corsair K70

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Ducky Shine 3 with brown switches and your choice of LED colour :)

Windows 10 Pro x64 with Open Shell

Vivaldi x64, HWInfo64, Macrium Reflect Free, SoftMaker Office, XYplorer pro

CM QuickFire TK

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

That had been a concern of mine - how annoying does the click become? At the moment I'm using speakers over headphones ATM and when I do use headphones I use open headphones..

Sleepy: |  R7 1700@ 3.7GHz (NHD-15) | MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic | GIGABYTE Windforce GTX 1080 | 16GB of RAM | 8TBs of HDD | 128GB SSD| S340 Tempered Glass | XFX 550w Bronze 80+ PSU | 40" 4K panel, and 3 1080p bois

That had been a concern of mine - how annoying does the click become? At the moment I'm using speakers over headphones ATM and when I do use headphones I use open headphones..

Did you watch the vid? Jay shows what all the switches sound like. It sounded very annoying to me, that's why I have Browns.

It's all very subjective though.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Did you watch the vid? Jay shows what all the switches sound like. It sounded very annoying to me, that's why I have Browns.

Ah sorry mate - I'm out and about, I'll watch the video this afternoon or if I can get a quiet moment :) thanks.

P.s.Honestly didn't expect this much of a response - you guys are great!!

I've got a K70 with Blue's. It's very loud but extremely comfortable to type on. I'm used to typing on a scissor switch at work and it feels very similar. Lots of key movement to get the switch hit.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

I've got a K70 with Blue's. It's very loud but extremely comfortable to type on. I'm used to typing on a scissor switch at work and it feels very similar. Lots of key movement to get the switch hit.

Thinking of Blues or Browns now, not sure about the keyboard, but do the blues hurt your head? Would you like to be without the clicks? 

Corsair K70.

i second this! k70 is amazing

At first, i thought blues would be super loud, but when i tried them at the store, they really weren't bad. I would reccoemnd the g710+ because the rubber pads on the bottom make it fell like a rubber dome keyboard (browns in general aren't as nice feeling).

Thinking of Blues or Browns now, not sure about the keyboard, but do the blues hurt your head? Would you like to be without the clicks? 

I like having the clicks. My wife on the other hand, not so much. 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Thanks guys! I'm gonna take a look at all of the suggestions here and I think I've decided on Blue switches :) Last question, off brand switches?

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/

you can go totally custom with the type of switch and the key caps

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz/CPU Cooler: Arctic Cooling Freezer i11/Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac)/Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866/Primary Storage: Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB SSD/Secondary Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB HDD/Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970/Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Blackout ATX Mid Tower/Power Supply: Corsair 760W/Optical Drive: Asus Blu-Ray Reader/Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)/Monitor: Dell U2713HM 60Hz 27.0" Monitor 

My favorite keyboard is all of them gimme more.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |