The monitor to take advantage of SLI 780Tis

aduman

Hey guys, I am looking for a monitor to take advantage of my gpus. The reason I've got the gpus before is my 590 broke and I've got a refund only to buy a new gpu from the same company who sold me the card. Anyways now I want to take advantage of my build so I'm looking for a monitor that is worthy of my build. I love my current monitor but it's just not comfortable to use with two Tis. I'm open for any kind of suggestions. I'd greatly appreciate your advices, thank you.

Build is in my sig.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

http://www.ncix.com/detail/lg-34in-led-monitor-ultrawide-3b-97392.htm

This would be perfect in my opinion. I think 4k would be a little too much still, this monitor would still allow you to run games full rez at high fps without stressing the system to the extreme.

I was expecting that one. :) It's the one Linus faps to when he is alone at the office and tbh I really love it too. Price though.. is crazy high.

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

C'mon LTT you're better than this! :D

Spoiler

Spoiler

An overclocked Korean 1440p monitor would be a good match and quite affordable especially if you manage to hit 120Hz ;) Theres also the AOC 3440x1440p one which I think comes out next month (or maybe it came out this month?), its a bit cheaper then the LG one.

I would get 1 4K in the middle and 2 1080p IPS displays on each side. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

An overclocked Korean 1440p monitor would be a good match and quite affordable especially if you manage to hit 120Hz ;) Theres also the AOC 3440x1440p one which I think comes out next month (or maybe it came out this month?), its a bit cheaper then the LG one.

The LG one really is my dream monitor.... But damn the price is crazy-high! It does not even have G-Sync... I'm not sure if I should get a Korean monitor for this setup, seems unfair to me.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I would get 1 4K in the middle and 2 1080p IPS displays on each side.

Don't get me wrong but why?

Spoiler

Spoiler

Don't get me wrong but why?

I though having more than 1 monitor was also stupid until I bought another monitor. It's obviously not entirely important but you can put stuff there that gives you info about your PC while running games and stuff. Or a film, your music player and so on. The reason why I would have a single 4K display and 2 IPS 1080p displays is simply so you can watch films on the IPS panels and play games on the 4K or you can do it the other way around. It would also be cool to have a higher refresh rate monitor so you can swap and change where and how you want to play your game. Some games might be better on a 4K monitor then a 120/144hz monitor. For example I would play FTL on a 4K and a game like CS:GO on a 144hz display. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

I though having more than 1 monitor was also stupid until I bought another monitor. It's obviously not entirely important but you can put stuff there that gives you info about your PC while running games and stuff. Or a film, your music player and so on. The reason why I would have a single 4K display and 2 IPS 1080p displays is simply so you can watch films on the IPS panels and play games on the 4K or you can do it the other way around. It would also be cool to have a higher refresh rate monitor so you can swap and change where and how you want to play your game. Some games might be better on a 4K monitor then a 120/144hz monitor. For example I would play FTL on a 4K and a game like CS:GO on a 144hz display.

It could be nice for some of us but I really don't think that would suit me man, thanks for the advice though. :)

Spoiler

Spoiler

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-070-AS

Not the biggest also not the best resolution, however for your setup your cards can definitely take advantage of the g-sync and the 144hz on this monitor with 2560x1440p. That is if you can afford the price tag. :P

Yeah I was expecting this one too, it's the most hyped monitor of all time afterall. :D Like I said the price is just too high atm. There is a new 4K gsync monitor coming from Acer and lots of other gsync monitors will be out too. The prices should be reasonable when they are released.

As for the 34" LG... Words can't describe my passion when it comes to this monitor, but everytime I look at it the price tag bitchslaps me right away... :(

Decisions, decisions...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah I was expecting this one too, it's the most hyped monitor of all time afterall. :D Like I said the price is just too high atm. There is a new 4K gsync monitor coming from Acer and lots of other gsync monitors will be out too. The prices should be reasonable when they are released.

As for the 34" LG... Words can't describe my passion when it comes to this monitor, but everytime I look at it the price tag bitchslaps me right away... :(

Decisions, decisions... 

Well I have some good news for you and some bad news, bad news is 4k monitors will be expensive as well and would be hard pressed to find a decent one under 500 euro second of all even 780tis would have trouble pushing that res especially since the 3gb vram is a very big bottleneck, for 4k I would recommend a R9 295x2 atleast for decent fps. Now heres a couple alternatives for the LG monitor that I have looked at myself. http://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-34UM65-P and you can get a korean 29 21:9 2560x1080p for less than 300 dollars (Hell with 2 780tis you might want to consider 2 of them but like I said the 3gb vram will throttle at higher resolutions). Another option is that AOC is coming out hopefully next month with a new 34 inch 3440x1440p monitor that should be the same panel as the LG one so extremely close monitors and it will cost around 600$ as far as I heard. Personally I will be waiting for the AOC one. Hope this helped :).

A couple more to consider are http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-069-AC&groupid=17&catid=1120 and the 4k one you were talking about 21:9 AOC monitor (although as I said the bigger brother is coming out next month and might be a better choice for your setup) http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-006-AO&groupid=17&catid=1120 here's a link to the other LG one I linked above with a price (pounds), http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-107-LG&groupid=17&catid=1120 main difference between them is no thunderbolt and the res is 2560x1080p instead of 3440x1440p. Not much of a difference for the price although if you can afford it the LG 34UM95 would look a bit better especially if you are a programmer or type in notepad type things a lot. Sorry for the wall of text and the double post :D.

Edit- Heres the link for the 4k one, my links were messing up bad, weirdest thing ever. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-065-AC&groupid=17&catid=1120

I would get ROG G-sync monitor for gaming but personally, I use a PB287Q 4k monitor with my 780ti sli and it looks absolutely stunning. Productivity is really good because it fits multiple windows open and text looks really sharp. Games run at 60 fps average.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k 4.3ghz MOBO: Asus Z87 Sabertooth RAM: 2x8GB RipJaws 1866mhz GPU: 2x GTX780ti SLI 1.2ghz SSD: 960GB 2x Intel 730 RAID0 CASE: Fractal Design Define S COOLING: Custom EK watercooling loop