Cheap, unlimited, fast cloud backup

I have around 5 TB of files that I want to backup but I cannot find any cheap cloud storage services that are cheap and fast. Tried Backblaze but when I upload files I only measure around 2 Mb/s when I have a 50 Mb/s upload.

Does anybody know a good alternative that doesn't have terrible speeds?

a nas?

Google drive i think has a monthly thing.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I need offsite backup. I already have a server at home.

Google Drive would be way to expensive for 5 TB :/

I need offsite backup. I already have a server at home.

Google Drive would be way to expensive for 5 TB :/

cheap. fast. reliable. pick two.

I have around 5 TB of files that I want to backup but I cannot find any cheap cloud storage services that are cheap and fast. Tried Backblaze but when I upload files I only measure around 2 Mb/s when I have a 50 Mb/s upload.

CrashPlan

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

CrashPlan

Read a bit about them and it seems likee people are getting around 1-3 Mb/s speeds even on gigabit connections. Any personal experience?

Read a bit about them and it seems likee people are getting around 1-3 Mb/s speeds even on gigabit connections. Any personal experience?

Not yet, I am still working on my storage system.

You can build your own offsite server and back up to that, if you want to. That should give you better speeds.

The reality of it is that this kind of activity requires dedicated connections to get good speeds on -- I doubt that they have a total network capacity that is much larger than 10 Gb. With thousands of users backing up, you should expect slowdowns.

Even large companies experience relatively slow connections, unless they pay out the nose for dedicated lines.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

Yeah unfortunately you generally get to pick two when you need: fast, reliable, cheap. You generally can't get all three.

As mentioned, if you really need that fast connection, you could look into leasing a VPS (Virtual Private Server), which is basically just a virtual instance of a server OS (Generally some form of Linux, or Windows Server 2008/2012), which you get full root/admin access to. You can configure this server with a static IP address, and do whatever you want with it, including offsite backups.

If you choose a good provider, you can get fast, reliable, and somewhat cheap. It won't be as cheap as Crashplan and similar though.

With Crashplan, if you have a large amount to backup, they will let you send them a HDD to "seed" the data (There may be a fee involved though). That way you only need to upload changes, rather then your entire backup data. Other Cloud based backup services offer this service as well.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

• 2 months later...

If you want a alternative then try CloudBacko cloud backup. It is the fastest, secure and more reasonable from other online IT backup solutions. You can save up to 100 TB of free data storage. It supports majorly Windows, Mac, Linux ,etc.

Hey Mkvarner,

The cheapest way to make a backup is to have an external drive and simply carry it around with you. Since you are aiming for a cloud backup solution, I would say a self-built one (a NAS) would be the cheapest and easiest to handle and expand. You could also get a pre-built NAS device such as the WD My Cloud Mirror and place it somewhere while you are able to access it from anywhere via internet (here's a link: http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=1200). It gives you the option to store up to 12 TB of data, preset to RAID 1 but you can change it and is pretty reliable.  
If you are looking for a online cloud solution, I would say the guys here have more experience and let them recommend some service.

Hope this helps,

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/