Best speakers for BASS?

FineVisionz

Yes, I'm using an Alpine MRV-M250 running off an 380W Antec PSU. It's a car audio amp so it needs 12V power from an external source. The best way to get this in your house is either a car battery charger or a PSU, and since I had this one laying around and it was defective anyways (molex and SATA connectors don't get power) I decided to use it.

Yeah OK that is a legitimate reason then...a battery charger is a bad idea since it will output over 12V O.o

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

I am looking into getting new speaker for my computer for bass.  I am a big bass fanatic, as you can probably tell.  Sadly my Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 subwoofer has died, so I am out on a search for what is the best computer speakers for bass?  When I got my Klipsch 2.1's there were one of the best at the time, what is it now?

If you want absolute best music experience go for studio monitors,go for KRK studio monitor you will never go back to 2.1 again after that,unless you want to add a subwoofer later.

The best way to get this in your house is either a car battery charger or a PSU

Please don't  :unsure:

Also; drop the 'watts-fetish'. How much watt a sub 'is' doesn't say anything about its output.

OP, I'd go with the Z623

Yeah OK that is a legitimate reason then...a battery charger is a bad idea since it will output over 12V O.o

Please don't  :unsure:

Not battery charger -> stereo. 

Battery charger -> 12V battery -> stereo

"Rawr XD"

s730d is decent for that

That looks like what I am looking for.... Haha.  I can not find it though,  I'm pretty sure there way out of my budget though. 

These are pricy compared to klipsch or logitech, they go under $500 or 300€

Where do you live?

P.S. I don't recommend z623, they are build cheap and they have all-muddy bass.. they sound worse than your previous set.

hence the price tag, logitech speakers suck in general.. so look no further

Z2300s > z623 that replaced them. these are both "pc" or "desktop" speakers though not comparable to real quality stuff

Not battery charger -> stereo. 

Battery charger -> 12V battery -> stereo

Also not a good option, and who has a car battery in his room  :wacko:

Generally, the whole car amp thing is not a great option when used outside a car.

P.S. I don't recommend z623, they are build cheap and they have all-muddy bass.. they sound worse than your previous set.

hence the price tag, logitech speakers suck in general.. so look no further

Depends on what you're used to. They are really, really good for their money.

The only one that was better (IMO) was the Z2300. When quality was higher on the list than BOM-cost.

I'm almost certain that won't notice the difference between a 500$ set and the Z623 on the sound quality sound.

I am looking into getting new speaker for my computer for bass.  I am a big bass fanatic, as you can probably tell.  Sadly my Klipsch Pro Media 2.1 subwoofer has died, so I am out on a search for what is the best computer speakers for bass?  When I got my Klipsch 2.1's there were one of the best at the time, what is it now?

Harman Kardon Soundsticks III

Generally, the whole car amp thing is not a great option when used outside a car.

I know a guy that has a setup like that in his garage. But anyways I don't mind ghetto so I just use a PSU for mine. The sub and amp were given to me for free by a friend who upgraded to two subs and a much more powerful amp, so why not

The only one that was better (IMO) was the Z2300. When quality was higher on the list than BOM-cost.

I'm almost certain that won't notice the difference between a 500$ set and the Z623 on the sound quality sound.

The Z2300 was legendary. Nothing compares to it really

The Z623 does have noticeably muddy bass. However OP (like me) listens to a lot of bass-heavy music so that's definitely what I would recommend. For good mid-range and vocals the ProMedia 2.1 and Companion 5 are obviously better, and for a bit tighter bass the Corsair SP2500. However I've tried them all and none of them let me "feel" the bass as much as the Z623.

"Rawr XD"

Harman Kardon Soundsticks III

SoundSticks 3 aren't good for bass at all. They're mostly good for mid-range and vocals.

"Rawr XD"

SoundSticks 3 aren't good for bass at all. They're mostly good for mid-range and vocals.

My soundsticks shake the floor

Get your floor checked then :P

I've had a direct comparison between them on a LAN-Party, the Z623 beats the Sticks by a long mile on the bass-side of things.

My soundsticks shake the floor

What kind of floor do you have? My friend has Soundsticks 3 and it barely shakes the desk that the subwoofer is on. My Z623's in the basement at 3/4 bass and 3/4 volume shake the walls on the opposite side of the house on the top floor.

"Rawr XD"

What kind of floor do you have? My friend has Soundsticks 3 and it barely shakes the desk that the subwoofer is on. My Z623's in the basement at 3/4 bass and 3/4 volume shake the walls on the opposite side of the house on the top floor.

carpet and wooden floor and the first floor of my house. Was the sub on max volume setting?

The soundsticks are good in smaller rooms but obviously not going to sound as 'bassy' as others because the sub is downward firing too

carpet and wooden floor and the first floor of my house. Was the sub on max volume setting?

Yep

"Rawr XD"

Shaking = vibrating? Let's be real, a 8" sub doesn't 'shake' any walls/floors. But does it matter? The only thing it should move is your eardrums. That the sub is downfiring doesn't matter, sound wraps around an enclosure, you could even point your sub to the wall.

I use JBL SCS 140 and a Harman Kardon 161 AVR ... it was my home cinema system but i hooked it up on the pc just because i can :P

Let's agree to disagree

Z2300 was indeed better, Z623 is the cheap version of it.

Any decent speaker system will make any logitech (including Z623) sound like sh*t. Even S330D will do.

If bass response is only thing OP cares about, find an used Z2300 set, or another klipsch.

If you want an upgrade, then you will have to save some money

Z623 is basically a downgrade from klipcsh from what i've seen and the sub will overheat easily resulting in a burning rubber smell. (yuk)

-

Aren't you exaggerating a bit? 'Sound like shit'....

Logitech gets a lot of shit in the audio community but (IMO) there are no speakers that can touch their p/p ratio.

Also look up some teardowns and measurents, they're pretty good.

The sub won't overheat with normal use.

Have you ever heard a Z623 BTW, if you did; did you listen to it with an open mindset?

I'm asking because speakers will quickly sound better/worse if you expect it to.

If anyone thinks they have an 8" sub shake anything in their house they either need to get their house checked or get their head checked.  Honestly.  I have 500W RMS (real watts not pussy music power watts) into dual 12" subs, they shake the windows only. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.