Did Corsair ever fix the LED's on their normal K70's?

tehgray

Or do they still die off after a few months....?

If they do, can anyone suggest a keyboard as similar to the k70 but that actually stands the test of time in all regards?

(and no, not the rgb k70)

i74790k | Hyper 212 EVO |16gb 1600mhz Corsair Sport | Z97 Gigabyte Ga.G1 Sniper Motherboard | Gigabyte GTX 970 | 250GB 840 EVO | 3TB 7200RPM WD Black | Fractal Define R4 | Corsair K70 Red | Logitech G502 | Sennheiser HD598 + Fidelio X2 | Blue Yeti Microphone | Dell P2414h + Dell S2340m

If the lights dyed off for you then you should RMA it I know a lot of people who have had their K70's since launch and they're fine.

If the lights dyed off for you then you should RMA it I know a lot of people who have had their K70's since launch and they're fine.

Just in the market, and the reviews are rampant about LED's dying. Most of the good reviews are solely first impressions.

i74790k | Hyper 212 EVO |16gb 1600mhz Corsair Sport | Z97 Gigabyte Ga.G1 Sniper Motherboard | Gigabyte GTX 970 | 250GB 840 EVO | 3TB 7200RPM WD Black | Fractal Define R4 | Corsair K70 Red | Logitech G502 | Sennheiser HD598 + Fidelio X2 | Blue Yeti Microphone | Dell P2414h + Dell S2340m

I have 18 LEDs burnt out on my K70.. waiting for the RGBs to launch before I rma

i know...but i can hope for an RGB replacement, can't i?

The first few production runs were the  culprit of many of the problems, after that the amount of boards with dead LED's have reduced significantly.. I only kept the stock LED's on my K95 for about 2 weeks. I have yellow LED's on it now and I don't have a problem.

Alternatives:

Max Keyboards, WASD Code, Ducky Shine, G710+, CM Storm, tt Esports Poseidon, Gamdias Hermes, Roccat Ryos

I have 18 LEDs burnt out on my K70.. waiting for the RGBs to launch before I rma

i know...but i can hope for an RGB replacement, can't i?

They're not currently. However, if the current K70's (Black with red LED, different cherry MX switches) are discontinued, then they may consider the RGB as a replacement. 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

They're not currently. However, if the current K70's (Black with red LED, different cherry MX switches) are discontinued, then they may consider the RGB as a replacement. 

They may discontinue them soon. They probably have to switch over some of the machinery to make the RGB. Atop of that. The  pricing is beginning to go astray on places like newegg. They are reducing the prices and they are saying "special savings while supplies last." So they are probably trying to clear out their inventory because they are no longer being made.

They may discontinue them soon. They probably have to switch over some of the machinery to make the RGB. Atop of that. The  pricing is beginning to go astray on places like newegg. They are reducing the prices and they are saying "special savings while supplies last." So they are probably trying to clear out their inventory because they are no longer being made.

Yeah.

There's also the possibility that they'll give a full refund instead of a replacement, and you'd have to pay the difference to get the RGB. Assuming it's still within warranty (2 years after purchase, which for me will be October). 

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Odd. I have had my K70 for 9 months or so with the LED's on 24/7 and have not had any issues at all.  :mellow:

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

• 3 months later...

Odd. I have had my K70 for 9 months or so with the LED's on 24/7 and have not had any issues at all.  :mellow:

The k70 black with red leds is chuck norris on a keyboard.

Intel i5 4440 @ 3.10Hz • GA-Z97X-SLI • GTX 970 G1 • x2 Hyper X 8GB 1866MHz • SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Hitachi 7200rpm 1TB • NZXT S340 Elite • Thermaltake 750W smart series • Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) • Logitech G502 | Razer deathadder 2013 (Died in battle) • Sennheiser HD58X • Audio-technica ATH-M50X • Hyper X Cloud 2 • Samsung 24'' CFG70 Curved Gaming Monitor •