Should i get?

Okay, so i've been in the market for a new phone for a while, but since i've not had a phone since around '09 i was wondering if this is decent.

HTC One, good phone i know. But contract for 24 months, unlimited data and texts, 2000 minutes to any number within the UK, for £37/m

I added the figures, and altogether the phone cost and the 24 months the cost comes to £888 over 2 years.

Should i just go buy it now and have no regrets, or am i insane?

--------------------------------------------------------------[EDIT]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am insane, i got it, because yoloswag. Not really, if i ever say those words again, feel free to kick me several times with steel toe cap boots. In the face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

I don't have £600 to hand x_x That'd be the reason i'd go for a contract. Also pay-as-you-go gets extremely annoying.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

if you don't have £600 at hand to buy a phone, I'd highly suggest spending your money more wisely than buying the latest-and-greatest smartphone.

if you don't have £600 at hand to buy a phone, I'd highly suggest spending your money more wisely than buying the latest-and-greatest smartphone.

"HTC one"

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah but if he chooses to go with a cheaper smartphone I geuss the Nexus 4 is worth a look.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Wait until you have £600, that's what i would do :/ .

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Wait until you have £600, that's what i would do :/ .

Yeah, but pay as you go sucks, at least where i'm at. There's nowhere within my village that sells top ups unless you go in at certain times. So, yeah. Contract is pretty much the only way for me i'm afraid

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah, but pay as you go sucks, at least where i'm at. There's nowhere within my village that sells top ups unless you go in at certain times. So, yeah. Contract is pretty much the only way for me i'm afraid

I just try to avoid contracts like the ones for phones, big rip off here. But yeah go with the one you feel is right :) .

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

I just try to avoid contracts like the ones for phones, big rip off here. But yeah go with the one you feel is right :) .

I was the same, but i got fed up with running out of credit and pretty much stopped using my phone. (5 years ago now)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I Live in america so i pretty much have to have a contract but, i ended up paying $250 for my S3 on launch day and i have unlimited everything for $100/m and i use up to 29 gigs a month, i tether it to my laptop and my truck. and i call my GF and family alot, so go with the contract if you will use it if not just get the One and cheap wireless provider.

I was the same, but i got fed up with running out of credit and pretty much stopped using my phone. (5 years ago now)

Same, still got my Sony Ericsson k750i :D 

get the samsung a107!! Its da shit

Main Rig: 2500k @5.0 cooled by H80 Corsair, Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3, 7970 lightning in crossfire, 120gig ssd intel 520 series with 1TB back-up, 1050 watt corsair hx series, NZXT 820 case, 8 gig corsair vengeance ram, Samsung 27 inch lcd, g500 gaming mouse, Old ass dell keyboard lol

I would also recommend buying the phone outright. I usually buy from expansys:

http://www.expansys.com/htc-one-uk-32gb-silver-246667/

Further to this if you go on the the 3 network for £15 you get 300mins 3000text and unlimited data on payg. You just top and buy the bundle.

If you really cant afford to but the phone outright just make sure you can afford to keep the contract up, ive had bad experience with this in the past.

You could also wait to see if htc release a more budget version of the one.

As for HTC in general i highly recommend them, been with them for years and they have never let me down. They offer superb build quality and good feature set to boot, the only downside is sense ui but that can be easily removed with a custom rom.

|i5 3570k @4.4Ghz | Asus Maximus V Gene | 8gb Corsair XMS3 | 2 x MSI HD7970 OC @ 1175mhz | 512gb Crucial M4 | Corsair AX750 | Fractal Design Define Mini | Dell P2416D 

You could just buy the phone and get a separate contract.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

Okay, so i've been in the market for a new phone for a while, but since i've not had a phone since around '09 i was wondering if this is decent.

HTC One, good phone i know. But contract for 24 months, unlimited data and texts, 2000 minutes to any number within the UK, for £37/m

I added the figures, and altogether the phone cost and the 24 months the cost comes to £888 over 2 years.

Should i just go buy it now and have no regrets, or am i insane?

Wow no phone for 4 years? You are my hero. I have a Motorola Razr but I BARELY use it.

BLAOW!!!!

Wow no phone for 4 years? You are my hero. I have a Motorola Razr but I BARELY use it.

ahahah, I just never really had a use for a phone untill now.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

ahahah, I just never really had a use for a phone untill now.

I don't call people. But then again sometimes there are those situations where I need to. Mostly I use my phone for playing games when im bored lol.

BLAOW!!!!

I don't call people. But then again sometimes there are those situations where I need to. Mostly I use my phone for playing games when im bored lol.

This. But i'm getting to the point where i'm starting to need one simply for the reason that i'll need one for college, work and such. And hey! skype is great on mobile *cough*

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Same thing.... only issue is people aren't making any good games for these kind of phones any more :( so its useless.

This. But i'm getting to the point where i'm starting to need one simply for the reason that i'll need one for college, work and such. And hey! skype is great on mobile *cough*

Hehe. Yea. I guess phones come in handy when you need them but I'm the type of guy that likes to carry as least amount of stuff as possible. I just like to make myself comfy all the times. If that makes sense....

BLAOW!!!!

Same thing.... only issue is people aren't making any good games for these kind of phones any more :( so its useless.

Exactly

BLAOW!!!!

Hehe. Yea. I guess phones come in handy when you need them but I'm the type of guy that likes to carry as least amount of stuff as possible. I just like to make myself comfy all the times. If that makes sense....

Makes perfect sense, i'm that kind of guy too. all i wanna carry is my wallet, my phone and my keys.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Makes perfect sense, i'm that kind of guy too. all i wanna carry is my wallet, my phone and my keys.

Simplicity rocks. Unfortunately most of the times I need a lot of stuff to carry. :(. 

BLAOW!!!!

Simplicity rocks. Unfortunately most of the times I need a lot of stuff to carry. :(. 

Yeah, backpacks are great for that reason, especially if you can get one that fits a shuttle PC!

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler