Intel 730 Or Samsung 850 Pro?

OneManWolfPack5

Ill post some 2x 850 Pro 256GB RAID 0 benches hopefully soon.

That would be nice to see how much difference there is between :) . Just like I wrote before I´ll get the 850 Pro as soon as X99 comes out with a fresh built.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Why bother with 850 raid0 if native pci-e solutions are right around the corner ?

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian

Hope I could help you out a bit anyways :) .

thanks, no I know that I dont want two ssds in raid 0 atm. I have some many games that its better using both in ,,non-RAID'' ;)

That would be nice to see how much difference there is between :) . Just like I wrote before I´ll get the 850 Pro as soon as X99 comes out with a fresh built.

If your going X99 get M.2, SATAe, or PCI-E.

Why bother with 850 raid0 if native pci-e solutions are right around the corner ?

Cause im on X79 and will be until at least Broadwell-E if not Skylake-E.

thanks, no I know that I dont want two ssds in raid 0 atm. I have some many games that its better using both in ,,non-RAID'' ;)

huh?

If your going X99 get M.2, SATAe, or PCI-E.

Cause im on X79 and will be until at least Broadwell-E if not Skylake-E.

huh?

Problem ? :P

Which were total speculation and nothing more. While its possible that Nvidia blocked them (intel did mess with nvidia so i see good reason for them to do the same) larrabe simply wasn't a good graphics card. If it was, intel would have redesigned it in a way, that it wouldn't violate nvidia patents. But since they realized, this approach was not a good idea for a highperformance dGPU, they scrapped the whole idea and used the things they developed in other areas (some in their iGPU line, some in their dedicated compute cards).

You didn't follow the links posted more than 2 entries into the forum, did you? There are citations of interviews with both nvidia and intel on the subject.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

You didn't follow the links posted more than 2 entries into the forum, did you?

I did.

But you still didnt provide links to your magical mobo though :)

I did.

But you still didnt provide links to your magical mobo though :)

Anyone feel free to flag this troll as I just did. I warned you not to try and restart a pissing match you'd already lost. At least with Larrabe there was room for debate.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Anyone feel free to flag this troll as I just did.

So now that i exposed your bullshit about the mobo, you're trying to flag me ?

Not a good way to "prove" your point.

One can always admit, he or she was wrong. Its not really that hard and keeps the conversation flowing in the right direction.

So now that i exposed your bullshit about the mobo, you're trying to flag me ?

Not a good way to "prove" your point.

I proved my point, you keep stirring the pot. There's only one way to deal with egotists like you and I've done it.

One can always admit, he or she was wrong. Its not really that hard and keeps the conversation flowing in the right direction.

Hypocrisy is an ugly color to wear.

Problem ? :P

No but I got the best drives I can for my setup and im happy.

I proved my point, you keep stirring the pot. There's only one way to deal with egotists like you and I've done it.

You didn't. You only provided with a model number, that clearly wasn't correct (since you're also using ddr2)...

So yeah. Link to the exact mobo you're using or just admit it you're bullshiting.

No but I got the best drives I can for my setup and im happy.

And that's really what matters at the end of the day.

Personally i'm still using the old intel 330 on my main rig and apart from occasunal bsods (which are pretty isolated at this point so its a non issue) its pretty much ok. I'm waiting for the 1TB drives to hit a certain pricepoint, so i can finally ditch HDDs alltogether (thats all i need really, since junk is stored in NAS anyway):

if your conversation in this thread has nothing to do with the Samsung or Intel SSD, take it to PM.

3pages of back-n-forth for no improvement on the OP's topic.. i guess we are done, now.

My first SSD was an Intel x25 80gb circa 2009 and it's still running strong. 2nd was an Intel 320gb, no problems.

Intel hasn't let me down and reviews indicate they're reliable and long lasting.

My latest rig has two 730's and I love em.

get the 850 pro, because it's newer a little bit faster and you get 10 years warranty

get the 850 pro, because it's newer a little bit faster and you get 10 years warranty

if you write too mjch data and use the cycles very fast, yyou wont get it replaced, dont reli on a warranty, they are only necessary if something stops working in your ssd. If my ssd gets destroyed after 1 year cause windows did much writing, they wont send me a new one anyway

My first SSD was an Intel x25 80gb circa 2009 and it's still running strong. 2nd was an Intel 320gb, no problems.

Intel hasn't let me down and reviews indicate they're reliable and long lasting.

My latest rig has two 730's and I love em.

swagsung ftw

I recommend 850 pro. It have simular preformence too Intel 730 series, and more storage.

But 840 evo is more Price preformence, And difference between 840 evo and 850 pro is just a few Megabytes per second. So get a 840 pro. Intels 730 series 480 GB cost the same as a 1 TB 840 evo. ( In sweden atleast)

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I recommend 850 pro. It have simular preformence too Intel 730 series, and more storage.

But 840 evo is more Price preformence, And difference between 840 evo and 850 pro is just a few Megabytes per second. So get a 840 pro. Intels 730 series 480 GB cost the same as a 1 TB 840 evo. ( In sweden atleast)

the 850pro isnt faster than the 840 evo at all, it just has a higher lifetime

the pro isnt faster than the evo at all, it just has a higher reliability

So you are saying it is more trusted then  840 evo? So the premium price goes for the lifespan?

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

850 pro has overall better performance the 730 does have better performance consistency though.

The difference between the EVO and the 850 pro is much more than just a few megabytes per second. I suggests you ead a in depth review.

the 850pro isnt faster than the 840 evo at all, it just has a higher lifetime

850 pro is faster and overall just better. Just as I did to the other guy. I suggests you ead a in depth review.

So you are saying it is more trusted then 840 evo? So the premium price goes for the lifespan?

Its a enthusiast ssd versus a mainsteam one. Expect the normal differences and improvements.

850 pro has overall better performance the 730 does have better performance consistency though.

The difference between the EVO and the 850 pro is much more than just a few megabytes per second. I suggests you ead a in depth review.

850 pro is faster and overall just better. Just as I did to the other guy. I suggests you ead a in depth review.

Its a enthusiast ssd versus a mainsteam one. Expect the normal differences and improvements.

Okay fine:D There is hard to find reviews which do a fair comperation.

Okay fine:D There is hard to find reviews which do a fair comperation.

Toms hardware, and anandtech usually do great jobs. I read the former.

Toms hardware, and anandtech usually do great jobs. I read the former.

Yeah but there is one problem. 

Anandtech and Toms hardware are making money on reviewing Samsung newest drives, Samsung don't send them a random drive they test which drive is best. But yeah they make great reviews.

Do you know a review where they compare 840 evo vs 850 pro vs Intel 730