Good and silent 200mm fan intake?

Larrivee013
Alternatively you could get a fan controller or as Brian has suggested just under volt them with adapters or ghetto mod if you know how.
+1 for the ghetto mod! lol

Honestly though, a non-Pro Spectre is almost completely silent as-is.

The Coolermaster megaflow (30mm thick) CANNOT fit in the front of 650d unless you remove the two hardrive cages.

The bitfenix spectre PRO (25mm thick) can BARELY fit into the front without removing the cages.

The bitfenix spectre non-pro (20mm thick) is probably the best choice, just use a 7v adaptor described by linus and it will be breezy and silent.

No way you'd even need a 7V adaptor for the non-Pro. They're pretty much silent out of the box. Plus the starting voltage is around 7V, so it may not start when you power up, possibly damaging components.

Also, BARELY fitting is still fitting. As long is it goes in, that's all that matters. You only should have to install it once after all...

Thanks guys. I've made my choice and I'll probably go for the the Bitfenix Spectre (non-pro).

Again thanks a lot for all your help.

I hope you've read the comments I've added and take them into consideration. Thanks. :)

The Coolermaster megaflow (30mm thick) CANNOT fit in the front of 650d unless you remove the two hardrive cages.

The bitfenix spectre PRO (25mm thick) can BARELY fit into the front without removing the cages.

The bitfenix spectre non-pro (20mm thick) is probably the best choice, just use a 7v adaptor described by linus and it will be breezy and silent.

CRrzv.jpgT

This is what I call barely fit, it somewhat pushes the hardrive cage back a little bit, I cannot recommand this.

Yah thanks guys.As I said I'll prob go for the non-pro Spectre. Thanks again!

Yeah... If it interferes with your drives going in then it's a problem. If the drives fit though, I see no big deal unless it's buzzing or doing something to the fan like warping it. But if you've got no drives in that top cage, why not just remove it?

This just confirms that i need some Spectres for my haf 932.

• 4 weeks later...

I can say that I can't hear my CoolerMaster MegaFlow. Useing the AI suit it runs at 390 RPM. It must be the slowest turning fan I've seen. Tops at 745 RPM. I can hear the Cougar Vortex in the back over the Megaflow with the AI suite fan controller disabled for Chassis Fans. Of course the couger is spinning at 1730 RPM at full and is loud. In silant its spinning at around 1050 RPM. CPU Fans on H100 are at 950 to 1025 RPM in silant on normal desktop & internet use. Almost idle. 1150 to 1200 watching you tube. Up to maybe 1275 to 1300 gaming. Not to bad over all. I do want to install 2 more fans near the GPUs. They ar 7970s and hit 68c sometimes. Most of the time 60c. More than likely, 2 more Cougars Votex 120 mm atop of the hard drive bays behind the cards. Temps are ok in silant mode in normal use.

Ya,

Front 200mm fan is the first thing that you hear. can't even hear it unless Iput my ear near it. Remember, Corsair fan is desighned for performance in stead of silants. Not sure if Noctua makes a 200mm fan. It would be nice. I'll have to check it out.

I have a 200mm bitfenix spectre pro blue led fan as an intake in my CM haf XM case, when I was looking for a 200mm fan what I liked about this one the most is it was the only 200mm fan I found that has 148 CFM and it is very quiet. It is a really good fan and I would recommend it to anyone looking for good air flow and sweet looks

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Thanks. This is a tough choice. Maybe I could with the Pro and use one of the "low noise" adapter Linus is always talking about if I think it makes too much noise.
I think the Spectre Pros are very quiet fans that wont be loud at full speed. Bitfenix says that the 200mm Spectre Pro fans are 27.5 dB.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer