Rate the Photo Above you

On 9/2/2017 at 8:13 PM, VenomZ_ said:

My New Ride 

Canon EOS 100D or Rebel SL1

50mm F2.8 Shutter speed 50 iso 400

I would suggest cropping in closer

On 9/3/2017 at 7:01 AM, Yannik said:

Can you give me a ride? - The Background dosn't really fit. I would have gone outside and used some old rugged tarmac. But I like the idea, 5/10 for me.

I also took some photographs of my ride yesterday. I tried out the D500 and the Sigma 18-35 f1.8 of a friend of mine. 

Amazing :D!  But the grading is not appealing to me... I'd go so far as to say it's just straight up wrong.  There isn't a black pixel in the image, but yet there are definitely objects that should be, so that needs adjusting.

On 9/4/2017 at 0:01 PM, Jelly Boy said:

England Is My City!

I used a ton of colour grading for this!

I don't have an issue with the colours, but I do have an issue with the side effects from creating them.  Everything has a very blurry, glow-y look that's incredibly off-putting.  But, I think if you go back to the RAW and do a different take on it it could be really good :) If I were you, I would be tempted to try something totally opposite to this, like B&W, just out of curiosity.

6 hours ago, Thorium19 said:

5/10, There's too much grading, too much going on. It almost looks like a painting it's that bright and lacking in shadows and dark areas that should be there.

I was testing out my replacement Chinon 55mm F/1.4 lens, as I managed to drop and crack the rear element on my previous one. I managed to grab a newer one on Ebay, but I'd still like to repair the old one as it's a 70s vintage and it's my main go to lens alongside the Helios 44-2.

Again, I don't like the grading... way too purple, idk what happened or if you can fix that but I don't think it's adding anything.

4 hours ago, rrps700 said:

Nice however there's a very washed out look to it.

This, I'm afraid, can't be saved by returning to the RAW.  I'm not sure what I'm looking at and I don't find it interesting at all

wow I sound really negative in all these :/  Hopefully it will be taken as the constructive feedback it's meant to be, and not just crapping on everything :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 9/5/2017 at 4:32 PM, rrps700 said:

Nice however there's a very washed out look to it.

IMG_3230.jpg

Not sure what im looking at? Webs in the grass? 

You're right about it looking washed out. Looks interesting either way.. 5.5/10

Here's mine. Canon t1i shot on a 75-300

Edited Flower.jpg

11 hours ago, Moderateshadow said:

Not sure what im looking at? Webs in the grass? 

You're right about it looking washed out. Looks interesting either way.. 5.5/10

Here's mine. Canon t1i shot on a 75-300

Edited Flower.jpg

Yup webs in grass. Yours is nice but could do with a little more exposure 

Current System: Tower: 32GB RAM, 2TB HDD, Quad Core i5(haswell), RX480, 128GB SSD

Future Systems: ? When I get a job I will think about it more

The couple I photographed for their wedding a few months ago finally had their church ceremony last week.  Our studio was hired to both film and photograph the event.  Here's a couple of photos from that day...

(From 14:00 until 23:00, photographing and filming almost non-stop, I took charge of the photography and had two of my fellow DPs take care of filming with 2 Sony FS7 units.)

21368799_1485385374873923_16183833772792

21415010_1485385828207211_58323718211666

21427403_1485385184873942_62031700185164

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

Are these images for bride and groom or for some kind of objective documentary?

They are so flat, loveless and emotionless in general. Without seeing the bridal dress it could be everything.

A few more from the same event...

21543843_1487518417993952_94531399255891

21640919_1487517114660749_66622620700891

This one below is something they (the bride and groom) came up with as a symbol of their union during the ceremony, mixing different colored sand.

21457754_1485386414873819_46826305856856

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

On 9/11/2017 at 8:18 AM, AkiraDaarkst said:

A few more from the same event...

21543843_1487518417993952_94531399255891

21640919_1487517114660749_66622620700891

This one below is something they (the bride and groom) came up with as a symbol of their union during the ceremony, mixing different colored sand.

21457754_1485386414873819_46826305856856

Don't see anything. 1/10.

IMG_20170902_140155.jpg

2 hours ago, will0956 said:

Don't see anything. 1/10.

Is there something wrong with your eyesight?

1 hour ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

Is there something wrong with your eyesight?

Nope!

chrome_2017-09-12_13-09-02.png

Looks like you uploaded them to Facebook. Which is blocked where I am

13 hours ago, will0956 said:

Nope!

chrome_2017-09-12_13-09-02.png

Looks like you uploaded them to Facebook. Which is blocked where I am

Ok in that case let me do a repost just for you.  Hope Flickr is not blocked.

37201043455_386980d20f.jpg

37029008422_ec486234e3.jpg

36803315790_d92cce2975.jpg

36363965034_de369ded0a.jpg

37201041425_7ddf0e02c3.jpg

36386815763_7c96bfa8f8.jpg

Today we did some fashion style shoots with the bride and groom, without the distraction of guests and ceremonies.  I'll post a few more as I finish editing.

Using direct sunlight as the source and her veil as the pattern for the shadow.

36426025824_11760151ee_b.jpg

This is still a good photo though in post I'm not fully satisfied with the composition.

37264734345_dbc91081b2_b.jpg

And the couple together

37122232981_8b474138b9_b.jpg

3 hours ago, Thomas - FusionGFX said:

Please leave some feedback!

Kind regards, Thomas

It's cool, but one thing I notice is the colours are extremely... idk how to describe it, but it's something DSLRs do in very low light... the variety and intensity of colours is severely reduced, sometimes to the level where it just looks like a black and white image with one colour plastered over the whole thing, and in some cases, parts even are actually black and white.  I'm noticing that here, which is strange because I've never seen it happen on a long exposure before, only when shooting "quick pictures" (like well under 1 second exposure) very late at night.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

On 9/24/2017 at 1:54 PM, Thomas - FusionGFX said:

Please leave some feedback!

Kind regards, Thomas

6/10 

I like the idea, even though God knows its been done by anyone and their grandmother at this point and trying to add some more flare would be nice, but the execution is not that great. I think this could really shine with a bit of editing. You also must have set up the camera at an angle and idk this distracts me a bit. 

Took my camera for a walk this weekend in London, here's a quick shot of the London eye. 

London Eye

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

On 9/26/2017 at 5:25 AM, cc143 said:

6/10 

I like the idea, even though God knows its been done by anyone and their grandmother at this point and trying to add some more flare would be nice, but the execution is not that great. I think this could really shine with a bit of editing. You also must have set up the camera at an angle and idk this distracts me a bit. 

Took my camera for a walk this weekend in London, here's a quick shot of the London eye. 

London Eye

7/10

The color contrast and details are good, but something I can't place makes it feel unnatural to my eyes. Very good though

On 9/26/2017 at 3:25 AM, cc143 said:

You say that but the detailed and in-focus building in the background draws my attention equally well, in fact possibly more so.

It's a visually striking piece and I like it for that, but I think there's also other ways it could be done that would look good.

On 26.9.2017 at 11:25 AM, cc143 said:

Subject and processing are nice, definitely striking. Did you blurr the sky after the fact? Or does that look come from bringing back its highlights?

A new one:

Shot with a6500 + Minolta MD 70-210 f4

DSC06576.jpg

On 30/09/2017 at 11:46 AM, historicalpoultry said:

Subject and processing are nice, definitely striking. Did you blurr the sky after the fact? Or does that look come from bringing back its highlights?

A new one:

Shot with a6500 + Minolta MD 70-210 f4

DSC06576.jpg

9/10 love the composition!, the backgrounds a bit blown out at the top but there's nothing you can really do about that but I love it.

Here's mine I took it in London, bit disappointed with the pciture itself as I didn't have time to compose it and stuff but I think it shows a message about how the human race interacts now. What do you think? 

P1060273.JPG

1 hour ago, Lewiscpullan said:

Here's mine I took it in London, bit disappointed with the pciture itself as I didn't have time to compose it and stuff but I think it shows a message about how the human race interacts now. What do you think? 

I love street photography and photohournalism. I love the scene and the composition. If you had waited for like another few minutes you might even have had a cleaner background. But I also think that you need to step up your editing game. Check out people like Alan Schaller or Shane Taylor, they might help you to find your own style. I'd give your photograph an 8/10 (mostly for composition and because I love street photography).

I'm currently trying to find my own style as well. I went on a little photowalk (by myself) last tuesday and took this photograph in Stuttgart (Germany). I had luck getting the sun out, it was mostly cloudy that say, so shadows were rare. 

Stuttgarts-Streets-2.thumb.jpg.eda4420d3a3f6103d964160c918d2c1b.jpg

47 minutes ago, Yannik said:

I love street photography and photohournalism. I love the scene and the composition. If you had waited for like another few minutes you might even have had a cleaner background. But I also think that you need to step up your editing game. Check out people like Alan Schaller or Shane Taylor, they might help you to find your own style. I'd give your photograph an 8/10 (mostly for composition and because I love street photography).

I'm currently trying to find my own style as well. I went on a little photowalk (by myself) last tuesday and took this photograph in Stuttgart (Germany). I had luck getting the sun out, it was mostly cloudy that say, so shadows were rare. 

Stuttgarts-Streets-2.thumb.jpg.eda4420d3a3f6103d964160c918d2c1b.jpg

Yeah it's a shame I had to catch a train but if you look at the people in the backrground its someone giving driections which contrasts the foreground which I quite like, thanks for the input.

I love your pic with the shadows and the lighting and composition in general, it looks like you waited for the shot to come which is great. Only thing I would say is that this photo doesn't reveal much in the way of a story, still a great shot 9/10! Love it!

2 hours ago, Yannik said:

Your blackpoint is way off, look how faded it is

22 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Your blackpoint is way off, look how faded it is

Quite frankly I know that. And there a two reasons for that. The first one beeing that I quite like the faded look (as mentioned I'm still trying to find my own style). But the more importent reason is that I edit all my photographs for paper and not for screen. And my printer dosen't like too much black.  

But I do understand your point. Having a good black and white point is important.

1 minute ago, Yannik said:

Quite frankly I know that. And there a two reasons for that. The first one beeing that I quite like the faded look (as mentioned I'm still trying to find my own style). But the more importent reason is that I edit all my photographs for paper and not for screen. And my printer dosen't like too much black.  

But I do understand your point. Having a good black and white point is important.

Ideally you would just calibrate the printer in that case, but I'm actually in the same boat so I know the feeling xD still, generally you have to prepare things for print separately anyway (extra sharpening, etc.) and so you could do the gamma curve or whatever at that point too, but not use that version for digital distribution/viewing.

It just makes it looks like an instagram filter imo, plus you're not using the full dynamic range supported by the format

20 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Ideally you would just calibrate the printer in that case, but I'm actually in the same boat so I know the feeling xD still, generally you have to prepare things for print separately anyway (extra sharpening, etc.) and so you could do the gamma curve or whatever at that point too, but not use that version for digital distribution/viewing.

It just makes it looks like an instagram filter imo, plus you're not using the full dynamic range supported by the format

You mean calibrate the monitor and profile the printer to match what is seen on the screen.

1 hour ago, AkiraDaarkst said:

You mean calibrate the monitor and profile the printer to match what is seen on the screen.

I would recommend to profile the monitor. Just calibration is pretty much useless.