Need a case for watercooling

Rhizo

Ok, my case is rubbish, so I need a new one to even think about watercooling. What is a good case that with minimal modifications can fit a 360 and 240 rad (or just a 480), no pushpull needed. Needs to look good with a blue colour scheme :) And be max 150£ might be able to squeeze 200£ but it would be a push...

Thanks,

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

Storm Stryker with some small mods? :)

People will suggest the Switch. I own one and it's way too plasticy.

switch 810, not the prettiest case but you cant put a 360 in the top and a 240 in the bottom, both push pull. great case for cable routing as well.

tbh I'd save up and wait for the corsair 900d, you'll be able to put whatever you want in it.

Storm Stryker with some small mods? :) People will suggest the Switch. I won one and it's way too plasticy.

I will have a look! Too plasticy is not really something I want, I have a dremel, so if I need to I can mode the hell out of a really good case, thanks.

Sorry mate' date=' made a typo. Meant to put "own" :p[/quote']

I was going to say... that would have been a decent prize!

Check out the Bitfenix Shinobi XL im pretty sure it supports a 360 in the top and front (front is a little restricted though)

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt

^ this

taking a mass-marketed case and modding it to fit/function for less can be done. some easier than others.

but to just plug and play your equipment into a case and it just bolts right in.. CaseLabs.

this will be my next purchase for a case: the CaseLabs Merlin SM8. 22.5" tall 11.25" wide 22.25" length

First post on this particular forum :P

Anyway im surprised people have not recommended the XSPC cases. (http://www.xs-pc.com/products/cases/)

There pretty good quality and obviously being made by XSPC they are made for watercooling.

​Also depending on your budget CaseLabs have some great ones too.

well the switch case isn't that great. i have looked into it, and i have concidered to buy it, but the plastic didn't really cut it for me.

try a silverstone TemJin series or Raven series. you can get a lot of watercooled product in there.

caselabs is really good to, but overpriced. just as a little devil :P

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

The silverstone has lots of space for rads, and the coolermaster cosmos 2.

Ok guys, loads of options to choose from, thanks for all of the input!

The other to consider is cost. The BitFenix and NZXT case are good, and don't break the bank. The Silverstone and Case Labs are awesome, but do cost a premium. All depends on your budget... what you have to spend... and then by how much do you want to blow over it. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Check out the Bitfenix Shinobi XL im pretty sure it supports a 360 in the top and front (front is a little restricted though)
I have a 360 in the top and front in my Shinobi XL and with the right fans(using Corsair sp120 qe) the restriction is barely noticable (frontpanel on vs off). Will post pics in the appropriate forums when I make the finishing touches to my build next week.

i5-3570K @stock/Sabertooth Z77/2x4GB Vengeance LP 1600 CL9/EVGA GTX670 @stock/Samsung 830 256GB SSD/Corsair AX850(individualy sleeved cables)/Bitfenix Shinobi XL(window)/Custom loop: Swiftech Apogee HD white/EK-FC670 GTX Nickel Acetal/Alphacool VPP655/Bitspower D5 mod top/Bitspower D5 Top Upgrade Kit 150/Bitspower Black compression fittings/Mayhems Pastel Ice White coolant/2x Alphacool NexXxos XT45 360mm rads/Corsair SP120 QE fans @550rpm/Peripherals: DELL U2711 2560x1440/Samsung T220 1680x1050/Steelseries 6Gv2 keyboard/Logitech G700s mouse/Logitech Z10 speakers/ Sennheiser PC 151 headset/ 2GB + 1GB external USB3 HDDs/DEMCiflex fan filters/OS: Win7 hp 64bit

Well the its even better! i just heard from reviewers/friends that it was restricted at the front but obviously high SP fans resolves that issue.

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt

I'm glad no one has recommended the Cosmos II because frankly, for the price you pay you get very limited options for water cooling. You're paying primarily for the aesthetics. As recommended the CaseLabs stuff is pretty damn good. Other options include the NZXT Phantom 820 and 810 Switch or the Corsair Obsidian 800D. You may have also noticed that at CES, Corsair launched the 900D.

It's apparently going to be something like $350 US so with inflation in the UK it may be out of your budget but is worth a look.

Hope you find something you like :)

Storm Stryker with some small mods? :) People will suggest the Switch. I own one and it's way too plasticy.

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side. The Stryker seems way more plasticy and cheap looking to me. Both are great cases though.