AnotherTechGuy

it is better

sry for the non constructive reply

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

They're supposed to be better, as the screen is equal distance from your eyes, unlike a flat panel (if you sit in the exact right position). But they look weird from the side, and they don't let people watch them from the side as well, so you're screwed if you have a load of people over to watch something. 

I think curved displays are a nice idea, but it doesn't work for the living room. For something like a computer monitor, I could completely understand it as normally only one person is using it and they're going to be sitting in the same place every time. If they make a high res, ultrawide curved monitor with G Sync/Free sync, I'm there. 

Well, if you're the only one watching and you sit exactly at the right point it is supposedly better.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

you have to sit on an exact distance at an exact angle from the TV to have that better experience, they're expensive, way too expensive and you could have slightly similar experience, but not as conditional, with a Suround setup, in other words, WORTHLESS 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

I wouldn't mind a 3440x1440p IPS G-SYNC curved monitor or something, it can replace surround monitor setups completely.

I have seen on in person and it was nothing special.  Also viewing from the side was not a problem.  When it comes to tvs something more interesting than curved displays is LG's smart tv remote.  It is absolutely a delight to use.  Awesome. 

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S