It is much worse:( Freezes and makes buzzing sound Still need help

orlando690

At some points the image freezes and there is a noise that it makes kinda like this but no where near as long, at most 2 seconds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmJFVgOg34E. I tried catching it but its not making the noise today, yesterday it made it a good amount of times (image freezes also).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying to post everything here so you dont have to look all over

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/16107-what-is-wrong-with-my-pc-freezes-and-makes-buzzing-sound/?p=184057

All i have tried plus the following.

Prime95 for 24 hours i saw no errors and it was still going

Memtest: i did 3 passes when i 1st put the pc together with both ram sticks

I got advice to increase RAM voltage by .05 so i increased it to 1.55V (didnt work)

This time i did something i had not done before on my TV i switched HDMI ports from 2 to 3. Not only was it not frozen anymore but all the hotkeys i had used were executed. Im back to thinking TV or Display from MOBO/CPU no GPU in use

These are the event IDs logged after the freezing/buzzing sound. In order of 1st to last. 11, 7036, 7036

DEFINATELY PC it hapened with th other tv This time even after port switch it stayed frozen

Wait after i pressed windows keys a couple of times i pressed ctrl alt delete switched port and it unfroze

Again PS2 disconnected from server

Here are the event ids around the time that the incindent happened

Before it happened:

7036, 7036,

Unsure if before or after

7036, 7036

I think this might be the time or after

Error: 7009,

After

7036, 7036

1:10 it hapend again or 1:09 thi tim just runing 1 game RoM :( and pandora gadget.

at 1:11 i get warning EVENT ID 4101 Display driver stoped responding and has succesfully recovered

I dont know if this was aftr pressing windows key a couple of times then ctrl, alt, delete and switching HDMI ports

It just hapened around 1:36 i was only using the pandora gadget 3 websites and downloading unigene heaven to tests the graphics and see if itfailed. :( i think i have to stop using this pc until i solve it because its only geting worse

event ID from 1:38 after restart. 27 [intel® 82579V Gigabit Network COnnection Networl link is disconnected.]

1:37 Error 6008 [The previous system shutdown at 135:21 was unexpected]

Critical 41 [The system has rebooted without cleanly shuttingdown first. .......] I did press the restart button

The graphics stress test from fur mark does not seeem like it would cause a freeze at all its been runing for 54 min i will. Heaven test i ran it for like 20 min and it seems like there wont be any freezing from it at all.

I am going to try to test 1 RAM at a time 3 passes ea. Any1 know if theres anyway to test the mtherboard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what I can tell you about this issue:

Yesturday it happened while I was watching a tv show in 1channel. since this had happened before I decided to check task manager to tell me the cpu usage because I feel like that is the problem. whenever the freezing/ buzzing sound started I would check the cpu usage and it would be at around 25% (it happened about 5 times or more and it would only happen when I would place the show in full screen).

so I thought that was the percentage that it happened at but today I decided to play planetside 2 & listen to Pandora(gadget) to make sure the cpu would be used atleast 20%, but it was under much higher load 30-40%, I got into the game and decided to keep playing and then it happened, it froze and buzzing noise happened at around 30-40% cpu usage. [ its happened a while ago when I was playing a game(cant remember) I justy didn't think much of it]

I cant tell if it is the cpu or the fact that I don't have a graphics card. Im also thinking that it could be my tv since its a cheap tv. Mitsubishi 60" DLP wd60638

Can I do something to fix this?

I cant remember when I first heard it but I know it was way before yesterday I just didn't think much of it. I built my pc about 3 weeks ago I think but I cant say if it started since I built it. I did do a prime95 and memtest after building it both for 2-3 hours no errors were encountered.

The cpu and motherboard I bought used.

i5 3570k

MSI GD65

8GB Crucial ballistix Sports 1600MHZ

1TB WD Caviar Black

Thermaltake TR2 RX 850Watts

No Case

Waiting for Black Friday for GPU because a friend told me he saw a 680 for $250 last black Friday. Planning on 670 if the discount for 680 is not low enough or even on sale. point is the least im getting is a 670

Almost forgot windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

PS.

I am trying to record the problem that I have right now I don't know how long it will take me to catch the noise.

Ive tried to catch it happening but I cant. I manged to get the cpu usage at 25% and nothing it even stayed at 25 % for a bit. I will now try to recreate the PS2 incident

Finally i got it here it is the sound. I saw it after it stoped the noice at 54% cpu usage

I played afterward notices cpu at 54% AND NO problem

Buzzing noise.wmv

Baby Beast:

B450m Mortar // 3700x // T Force Vulcan 16gb // Gaming X Trio RTX 2070S // sx8200 pro // 850W G

A stability test for a CPU in Prime95 should be run for longer then 2-3 hours if you want to really make sure. Most people who overclock or otherwise have a need to test it leave it for 24 or 48 hours running. Before you do that though, there are some troubleshooting things you can try. I'm not as good as some of the guys on this forum who could tell you exactly what you problem is and solve it for you right away but I can offer some standard advice for troubleshooting this sort of thing.

• Make sure all your drivers are up to date. Download them from the manufacturers website, not the CD that came with the products.
  • Shuffle your RAM around. Take each stick out individually and see if the problem persists. Try moving them to different slots. If nothing else, make sure they're seated correctly in the slots. This has fixed problems for me before.
  • Check all your other connections to your motherboard. I dunno, something could be out of place?
  • Check the temperature of your CPU when it happens. Most systems shut down if it overheats. Maybe your doesn't for some reason?

Like I said, these may not work or be applicable but it's all I can offer you seeing as how nobody else has replied. Hopefully somebody can help you further. Good luck :)

I will try what you have told me. I have not overclocked anything. and from bios info it looks like cpu isnt over clocked.

My cpu temp ha never even gotten to 60C .

All drivers should be up to date when i was building the pc I couldnt find cpu drivers or Ram drivers or psu just mobo drivers. I have no idea what components have driver updates thats why i mentioned all. 
When you say shuffle you mean take dimm1 to dimm 2 and vise versa ( changd them like tha so ill try now and see if it happens again)

i dont have a case or a gpu so theres little to check and everything loks to be connected and in place

msi gd65 says that dim1 and 2 are oth next to each other is that mabe not the way to set it up? am i suppose to set it up by every other?

Baby Beast:

B450m Mortar // 3700x // T Force Vulcan 16gb // Gaming X Trio RTX 2070S // sx8200 pro // 850W G

When you say shuffle you mean take dimm1 to dimm 2 and vise versa

Yeah pretty much. RAM can cause all sort of inexplicable problems so shuffling the dimms round and trying with only one at a time can sometimes solve a problem.

Yeah pretty much. RAM can cause all sort of inexplicable problems so shuffling the dimms round and trying with only one at a time can sometimes solve a problem.

So i have to check ea dim 1 by 1 to see if problem persists. if it does on 1  and not the other im guessing this means its RAM which means i need a replacement correct.

Right now i found some updates that i think i should install from msi live. Asmedia 106X Sata Driver (no installed), Realtek HD Audio (update version)[i dont use it i use tv speakers], Lucid Virtu MVP driver (not installed).

Im installing these now. I hve already swithced the ram up after these installations il try and see if problem happens again, if it happens il do 1 ram at a time

Baby Beast:

BTW

i check cpu tem with coretemp because pc wizard doesnt give me my cpu tems just usage

Baby Beast:

i have not seen the probelm yet mybe it got fixed. If it happens again i will repl to this post

Baby Beast:

& it happend again :( i think i saw the cpu usage at 44% but i am not sure My max temperature as Cores 1-4 in order 58, 58, 60, 63

I am now goin to try ea ram stick. is there something i an do that will use a good amount of cpu and not use more than 4 GB of ram?. Becase PlanetSide 2 uses 5 gigs

IDK why i still think its either the cpu or the fact that i have no gpu. is 63C too hot?

I got a message telling me omething about a change in pc componetnts and i am scared to mess anytthing up so if somone could tell me what to do with that please. Im going to try and see if its because im using a 8GB USB for readyboost that i never take out i just leave it there turn off and on the pc with it.

Baby Beast:

well removing te flash drive didnt help and temps are at mid 40s
Used 1 of the ram sticks and it appened as soon as i finishd loading into PS2 about to use the second dimm by itself

Tried out the other ram still did it im trying Frize86's advice

Baby Beast:

Hmm that sounds (to me) like a monitor issue.

if you have an electrician "friend", ask him to open that monitor up and check if some capacitor is leaking. Or if there's anything wrong with it...

Or

Try using a different monitor, to rule that out.

Other than that, it can be overheating issues. do you have a well ventilated case?

63 C is a little bit high...

Hmm that sounds (to me) like a monitor issue.

if you have an electrician "friend", ask him to open that monitor up and check if some capacitor is leaking. Or if there's anything wrong with it...

Or

Try using a different monitor, to rule that out.

Other than that, it can be overheating issues. do you have a well ventilated case?

63 C is a little bit high...

No case i hae not bought one yet. Il try switching TV's after i test this ram out since i already started testing

(i dont have a monitor that gets sound. i only have one monitor that is verry old only input is vga but no noise goes through it)

It happned now its time to try out other TV il try it with 8 GB of ram

Baby Beast:

sorry, i just saw the "no case" config...

Try stressing your computer with another monitor

IMHO, i think the problem relies in the monitor. But then again, those temps are a bit high (dont think thats the problem though)

I will try what you have told me. I have not overclocked anything. and from bios info it looks like cpu isnt over clocked.

My cpu temp ha never even gotten to 60C .

All drivers should be up to date when i was building the pc I couldnt find cpu drivers or Ram drivers or psu just mobo drivers. I have no idea what components have driver updates thats why i mentioned all. 

When you say shuffle you mean take dimm1 to dimm 2 and vise versa ( changd them like tha so ill try now and see if it happens again)

i dont have a case or a gpu so theres little to check and everything loks to be connected and in place

msi gd65 says that dim1 and 2 are oth next to each other is that mabe not the way to set it up? am i suppose to set it up by every other?

CPUs, RAM, and PSUs don't require drivers.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

IMHO, i think the problem relies in the monitor. But then again, those temps are a bit high (dont think thats the problem though)

Well i only have one other tv that i can use in this and i have to wait until around 8 to be able to use it. i will use it for an hour since it takes less time for the buzzing to begin. Once i havedone the test i will post a reply saying if that is the problem. 

Out of tpic question here:

Since i ony have 2 outlet in my room i used one outlet for my psu and the other for (idk the name)some thing that has 5 outlets in it and plugs to house outlet and its long. I use the extender thing to plug in my tv into it. i just started to do this when i built my pc

Is this bad do i have to have my tv on the house outlet? if so is the PSU house outlet as well or can it be on extender thing?

Baby Beast:

CPUs, RAM, and PSUs don't require drivers.

Thank you verry good to know, so i dont go searching for any :)

Baby Beast:

Well i only have one other tv that i can use in this and i have to wait until around 8 to be able to use it. i will use it for an hour since it takes less time for the buzzing to begin. Once i havedone the test i will post a reply saying if that is the problem. 

Out of tpic question here:

Since i ony have 2 outlet in my room i used one outlet for my psu and the other for (idk the name)some thing that has 5 outlets in it and plugs to house outlet and its long. I use the extender thing to plug in my tv into it. i just started to do this when i built my pc

Is this bad do i have to have my tv on the house outlet? if so is the PSU house outlet as well or can it be on extender thing?

I only use one outlet for my whole system and i dont have any trouble.

you can also try to plug the monitor to a single outlet and try to see if theres any trouble...

bottom line: stress the hell out of your pc with the single outlet plugged monitor. change the monitor but still stress it. something will come around

dont forget to plug your psu into the power extension for the first try

Ive tested the other TV for about 20 minutes now. There has not been an incident and I think therwont be another but il keep testing this tv and see what happens. Ill edit this post once im done and I have tested my tv in pluged in the wall outlet. (im testing this TV on the extender). Could just be my cheap as tv

IT IS DEFINATLY MY TV. i just stressed the pc and this tv had no problems. I will now make sure its my tv by l;eaving everything the same and using the pc. once thers buzzing then i will see if the outlet thing helps. Thanlk you frize86

Baby Beast:

whne I say try it I mean.running minecraft and PS2 at the same time.

Something just happened it froze/made buzzing sound and it stayed that way. I decided to turn off tv to see if that would fix it. But then I brought the old monitor I have thaty doesn't make noise and plged in in via vga. it got into extended mode with my tv. and I couldn't get the mouse into the monitor. so I just hit the windows key and "P" a couple of times until it changed to projector only. The problem then stoped. So I decided to go extended mode and continue tests it hapend again and I had to restart the computer. Then I tried it on the tv by itself and it hasn't meserd up.

Would you still say its the TV? since when I was in extended mode and it froze/made buzzing noise nothing worked.

Damn I missed one thing. the last time it hapend I took the image from the tv to the monitor by just connecting the monitor (already had set it up to go to it only) and it stoped right before it got to the monitor

EDIT: It happened again with my tv pluged in to the wall outlet psu also. this time when I tried to switch monitors it would not let me at all. Finally at some point it did. and then after a lil bit it began to do what I had done with the keyboard( I presed the windows button, ctrl alt delete, some more stuff) then during it I had a lil bit of freeze on the monitor since it has no audio icant tell if ther was a buzzing sound. I wish I woulda kept the other tv with me in my room to do exactly what I am doing now on it

EDIT: was just playing on the monitor with out any noise and it froze. im pretty sure that I would heard buzzing if it had noise. So now im thinking it is a component on the PC causing this issue,

Baby Beast:

snip

Moved to troubleshooting

Here is all that's happened: (tv on extension outlet)

1.Tried to see if RAM was the issue by switching spots, testing them 1 by 1,

2.I thought it could have been the usbi left on pc for ready boost so I took it off

3.Swaped TVs used a Samsung 42" for a whle like 40 min or less I didn't notice issue so I took it back to my parents4.

4.Decided to check mt tv again this time since nothing was happening I decided to run PS2 and Minecraft

5.Checked again by having TV to wall outlet( from now on tv is in wal outlet) The rest might not be inorder of what hapend

6.During the incident in 5. I pluged in a monitor I have (doesn't get sound) it went to extended view and it stayed like that I restarted pc

7.I stayed with both monitors it happened again I don't remember if I restarted pc

8.at some point while it was happening on the tv I pluged in monitor that I had previouslt set up to send image only yo monitor if pluged. It took a while but image  came up then I used it for a little bit and stuff started poping up (I was pressing things on the keyboard like, windows key, ctrl alt delete,etc)

9.One of the freezes/buzzing didn't want to stop so I had to  restart pc.

10. I decided to play only on the monitor with no noise in it and I played for a while then it happened(im pretty sure if monitor would have noise ther would have been buzzing), this I decided to hook up the pc to my tv, waited for a bit and image came to tv an freezing stoped. (temps were at mid 50's when it froze) the max temps recorded were in order of 1-4 62, 60, 64, 65

What im am now doing.

I think that it might be the cpu so I will run prime95 for 24 hours.

Questions

1.Could it be that the RAM is unstable at 1600MHz? (its stock I have not overclockd anything) I ask because I read a post once it was about a guy having idk wat problem and he found out that the RAM was not stable at the stock clock

2.what are the components that can actually cause this problem?

3. I still think that it could be my display is that possible? im using intel HD 4000 (onboard graphics) since I don't have a gpu

4.The CPU hottest ive seen it thus far is 65C well that's just one of the cores idk total heat, is that too high? And that is without some sort of fan that I have sorta pointed at the pc. Looks like this but it isn't usb powered at all and im sure its not same brand its just the look http://c-inh.en.alibaba.com/product/549919914-212874662/USB_tower_fan_straight_cylinder_type_vertical_air_conditioning_fan_fan.html

Baby Beast:

Ok, that pretty much just leaves the cpu, ram, or the motherboard itself.

Run prime95, then memtest.

those temps are high, but far from extreme.

Also, i dont know how those graphics work since im still using a core2quad. anyone who uses it might be able to help you way better than me.

when are you getting your GPU ?

How long have you been using that cpu? do you have thermal paste well set?

is the heatsink clean?