How to remove "Void Warranty" sticker

Tea1337

Sorry if this is the wrong subforum, but there was nowhere else to put this, and I guess this could be trouble shooting?

Anyways, my PS3 that i use for Netflix and GTA 5 has been overheating since it is getting to 110*F outside, making my room warmer even with the AC on. I want to open it up and clean off the fan and heatsinks as such. But I know it's not under warranty, but just in case I want to take off the void warranty sticker without it ruining the sticker and making it say "Void Warranty"? Any help would be apprceiated. 

If I need to then I'll just buy a new $30 sticker off ebay, but then again I doubt it's still under warranty since it's 3 years old.

Like a plaster! 

Seriously though, they're designed to tear and break if you try to remove them. The only way really is to use an adhesive remover, but using it on electronics is pretty risky. 

Oh god... good luck they tend to have fail safes, some people say heat it however some warranty stickers have thermochromic ink ( change colour with heat) this will void it ive never seen a successful technique

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

okay okay I'll just open it up, clean it and reapply new thermal paste. Thanks for the help anyways lol. 

if necessary, get a chisel and slide underneath the sticker

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

Like a plaster! 

Seriously though, they're designed to tear and break if you try to remove them. The only way really is to use an adhesive remover, but using it on electronics is pretty risky. 

Sorry if this is the wrong subforum, but there was nowhere else to put this, and I guess this could be trouble shooting?

Anyways, my PS3 that i use for Netflix and GTA 5 has been overheating since it is getting to 110*F outside, making my room warmer even with the AC on. I want to open it up and clean off the fan and heatsinks as such. But I know it's not under warranty, but just in case I want to take off the void warranty sticker without it ruining the sticker and making it say "Void Warranty"? Any help would be apprceiated. 

If I need to then I'll just buy a new $30 sticker off ebay, but then again I doubt it's still under warranty since it's 3 years old.

if necessary, get a chisel and slide underneath the sticker

The entire point of the stickers is to show when they have been tampered with.

I doubt using heat, a solvent or a blade will help. The silver material that stays behind is already stuck to the device when the sticker is applied.