Raining_Pixel

Post Your 3D Models/Creations Here!

Decided to start up Zbrush again it's been a long while so I had forgotten how to use it completely but making a little cell shaded game demo so I've been throwing around ideas for a character came up with a panther human hybrid so decided that would be a good place to start. did a quick little preview render of what I've done so far this is just a low poly model with very little detail it's just for blocking out shapes final character will be more cartoony but thought this render looked kinda cool so here it is in all its terribleness :P

panther simple render.jpg

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

That bad huh? :P I thought I should point out when I said low poly I was talking in relation to zbrush its low for zbrush not enough polys to add real detail just to get the general shape crazy high in respect to a game but you got to go up in order to go down.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Greetings folks, so... the past two weeks I've had an idea stuck in my head and I've been trying to put it together as best as possible but I'd like to challenge y'all to help with it.
So this might seem off topic atm but it's not (I hope), everyone by now must have realized how PC Builds treand is to go as flashy, led, rgb as possible... thing is that's a thing of the 2000s, as in remember when tunning cars trend was to put an acrylic hood to show the engine, and then put neon lights everywhere one could? Yeah might just be me but that seems to be today's pc builds trend with a slight tweak being neons are leds and change colors, and instead of acrylic the trend is tempered glass.

So my idea/challenge is to think ahead of the current trend of pcs and push to nowadays car standards, such as and there might be a few more than these, and build a 3D model of a case w/wo components:

• The engine is meant to look as clean and neat as possible, in black and grey (Carbon fiber, titanium or whatever) with the cover, cables and such corresponding to the outside color of the car.
  • The engine is partially shown through a window, that is often a seamless continuation of the windshield and others covering the interior of the car
  • Aerodynamics start to play and even bigger part, where they serve as air funnels to cool the components when the car's at high speed, but at low speed will help to break the car and maybe even lower the sound. 
  • And lastly every car coming out today or at least most have daily light leds that define a car's attitude, like eyebrows, these are thing lines that trace the car shape usually white.

The SpaceVFX tutorials are glorious.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

Learning rigging using a basic box modelled character I did in 3ds max the typology needs to be changed to better accommodate the rigging process but I've started some basic weighting on the leg just to see it working, it needs a lot of work and retopology but this is what I have so far, its a start.

edit: more of the weighting done still needs a lot of work and I have to change the typology so that there are less errors but this is basically the first pass minus the arm.

Edited by moderategamer

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

1 hour ago, .spider. said:

Storage WIP

Need to find a way to assign a material to 540 objects randomly (LEDs on/off)

Animation Nodes probably has something for that... it has something for everything.

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.

20 hours ago, Serin said:

Animation Nodes probably has something for that... it has something for everything.

Select random did the trick.

Each led is a single face so I could select them randomly and apply materials to it.

In case you missed it. Since October 21th Cycles (in daily builds) supports rendering on GPU and CPU simultaneously. 

blender.PNG.f93792f7d298664b6714fae9f982b004.PNG

Speed is not scaling perfectly. Because both processors are using the same tile size. 

Hey sorry to revive this post after so long specially since what I'm about to ask isn't entirely a decent enough creation but would anyone in this thread have any insight into blender game engine? I'm currently trying to develop a game for a class and I've even dropped the same question on BlenderArtists.org but sadly no reply yet.
Basically ... my game when I press P simply crashes. Specifically the game scene since the pause one plays just fine ... I'll upload the file I have just in case someone has the time to reply.

Also slightly off topic I invited all interested to come hangout on my twitch channel starting Monday 15th as I'll be returning to creative streams and they are mostly if not all related to blender modeling.

The Gayme.blend