LoL VS. DotA 2?

JoshK

"Competitive integrity" is a bullshit term honestly, RIOT keep bringing this term and it's true that Lol's bad.

BUT, evolution of the game is much more important than in dota (as far as i know), the game basically change every 2 / 3 months with a big patch which change itemisation / way of playing / meta in general which then lead to competitive integrity not being perfect, but this also lead to better challenge for team since they HAVE to change and learn fast 

• 2 weeks later...

Dota 2:

Steeper learning curve

toxic community, full of uneducated raging pinoys (SEA) and Russians (EU)

carry fks up, nothing happens, support fks up, gg report support plz

faster paced

ur fk ups impact the game heavily

LoL:

Less steep learning curve

Cartoon Graphics

toxic community but not as toxic as dota

Teemo can bounce mushrooms

can't deny

slower paced

ur fk ups impact the game less than dota

tldr; dota harder to learn, less forgiving, team reports u if u fk up

LoL for more casual players who don't want team reporting them for fking up.

LoL players who try Dota get rekt

Dota players who try LoL rekt

• 3 weeks later...

LoL is so much easier to play with others I feel. It's so easy for you to get a really terrible, awful player in a DotA game simply because they don't understand all of the more complex mechanics and strategies behind it. LoL, like any moba, has a similar problem, but I feel like I have less issues with "bad" players because the game itself isn't that complex. The tradeoff here is that the players tend to be a little younger and more... obnoxious  <_<

"Competitive integrity" is a bullshit term honestly, RIOT keep bringing this term and it's true that Lol's bad.

BUT, evolution of the game is much more important than in dota (as far as i know), the game basically change every 2 / 3 months with a big patch which change itemisation / way of playing / meta in general which then lead to competitive integrity not being perfect, but this also lead to better challenge for team since they HAVE to change and learn fast 

dota has the same patch thing (just letting you know) :)

• 1 month later...

Dota 2 ALL THE WAY SON!!

Why?

To be blunt Dota 2 is more complicated and complex to play unlike LoL.

Just a boy playing DOTA 2.

• 2 weeks later...

Dota 2 is a lot better honestly.

+Graphics

+You need not buy heroes

+^Need I say more?

4ca111ce6f9f072b7f897790a2a1f517.jpg

:P

Anyway, I think this video explained things quickly and to the point.

I'll have to add that the e-sports scene of Dota grew immensely after The International 3. It's not LoL scale yet, but it's getting close.

sheldon said it all !!

• 2 months later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfyN3QTjZmk

I like Dota 2 for the voices. I like LoL because you can make your heroes tell jokes. So I play both. I'm terrible at LoL.

DAZZLE! NYX NYX NYX. 

I am a beacon of knowledge blazing across a black sea of ignorance!!!

Yes, that was the banana, no one expects the banana.

I bring Dark Spanish Mint! I summon disco balls!

I find Dota 2 to be harder in terms of environment since you can manipulate the trees, neutral creeps since you can stack them, killing creeps since you can deny them and micromanagement since there are multiple heroes that can summon controllable units.

LoL on the other hand, is harder in terms of fighting mechanics because you could reset attacks thus requiring careful timing and attack pattern/order (like riven) and dodging mechanics since not only do you have summoner spells to help you on sticky situations but since almost if not all champions have at least one skill shot ability and some of them even having more (like ezreal in which his entire skill set is composed of skill shots).

Team Fight-wise, I would give it to LoL since you need to be carefully positioned in the ensuing chaos and be careful not to get picked off if you're the ad carry and if you're a support, you need to protect your ad carry from flanks or anyone trying to get them whereas in Dota 2, it's carnage most of the time since a carry could simply get a bkb and demolish 2-3 heroes before its bkb even finishes without the latter even having a chance to fight back or help their team.

Gameplay aside, I think LoL has more to offer content-wise since they're regularly updating, balancing and more importantly adding new champions whereas Dota 2 also update and balance here and there but they're more concerned with cosmetics which adds no real value to the game compared to a completely new champion/hero.