Desk Build: Monolith - Big Green Powerful Machine!

Again, i may be off topic, but are you parting out the mazda, by any chance?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Again, i may be off topic, but are you parting out the mazda, by any chance?

Yea we are, but seeing as your in California and im in Australia, your probally better off sourcing your parts locally lol

Aussie FTW!
4770k, H60, GTX 780, G1 Sniper 5, Samsung EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB, Vengance Pro RAM 2133mhz 8GB, Silverstone Strider 850w
The Monolith Desk - build log incomplete.

Nah, im just curious. But i got a Protege (that's what we call it here in America), sedan version

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

• 1 month later...

First of all Sorry i didn't do an update MUCH sooner.

Since finishing the desk part and getting the system up & running Iv been doing a lot more work around the house & yard to make up for the extra time I'd spent in the shed over the last few months. Also caught up on a few other projects that had been put on hold for a while and spent the rest of my time playing games with all of the settings on max!

Sata power chain for behind the DVD drives. (was waiting in de-pinning tool to fix molex plug on the end)

3h5V7C7.jpg

Starting on the 24pin

7hBjkEl.jpg

New Hardware!!!

6Qn13DN.jpg

Anti vibration stuff. bought some extra to use in my Ute

6QOAO25.jpg

780 had a scratch on it :( I didn't RMA because i couldn't be bothered waiting and i knew id water cool eventually.

yJbN3J2.jpg

Phobya LED's were broken. one had dead diodes the other wires had come out, emailed Phobya & the sent me 2 new ones.

ETQAfAg.jpg

UV!

mhefEDG.jpg

Hinged the top with 4 removable hinges

vk40LN2.jpg

Drawer faces are all on

M6Yk4cq.jpg

Put strips of ant vibration stuff between the top & the carcase. Made a stand for the Lid & started putting the hardware inside.

0LssQFv.jpg

PSU is mounted down the bottom of the desk.

7QIHvhG.jpg

The final moments of my old setup =,(

ZuRjyuc.jpg

Everything is in Ghetto mode, i still have alot of cables to make & buy until it looks any good, but at least it works!

qc7BHTh.jpg

lBS3IAa.jpg

Put my H60 in

QHtQqOb.jpg

How The Beast looks!

To turn the system on atm I either have to reach in & hit the power button on the motherboard or use Splashtop to turn it on from my phone, lol.

iOJusMV.jpg

RmGImtI.jpg

Got a New SSD & Keyboard, Man do i LOVE the volume wheel.

dBr8rtD.jpg

Sata to molex adapters & linger sata data cable.

ivI29Of.jpg

Some more gear from Lutro. I had him Special order 225ft of parracord for me but when i arrived it was different to the original sample i purchased from him, it was the same duller green as the eBay parracord. I emailed him the differences & he is now currently searching for more parracord the same as the original sample. He was very quick to respond to my complaint and is doing everything he can to fix it.

ZEJ4OMY.jpg

So the Desk has fallen down my priority list in life now that its up & running. Things to do include:

-Make & sleeve the power cables is the first thing to do.

-Make a power button & set up the Lighting.

-Sleeve & setup the fan controller.

-Make some modifications for easier MB IO access & airflow, particularly for the GPU exhaust while its air cooled.

-Get the desk in beautiful show condition.

-Get a water loop running.

-Get a great monitor & make an awesome monitor stand.

Aussie FTW!
4770k, H60, GTX 780, G1 Sniper 5, Samsung EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB, Vengance Pro RAM 2133mhz 8GB, Silverstone Strider 850w
The Monolith Desk - build log incomplete.

Mmmmmh, smexy. :wub:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Holy sexy! I wish I had the talent you do. I've been trying to complete my desk for over three months now. I need tools! Such an inspiration.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 MB: MSI Z77A-GD55  CPU: i5 3330 OCd to 3.4Ghz CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 2x8GB @ 1600MHz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming PSU: Seasonic M12II 650W HDD: Two Seagate Barracuda 2TB @ 7200 RPM SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB