Diablotek?

Dubesta11

I consistently see their case/power supply combos as a Newegg daily deal like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1665030

Are they actually any good? Not that I would ever get one, but sometimes the full system combos seem like a good deal.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

They explode.

I knew they were bad, but I never knew that they were prone to exploding. O_o I want to get one and make it explode now, just for fun, since they have the tendency to do so. :P

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I knew they were bad, but I never knew that they were prone to exploding. O_o I want to get one and make it explode now, just for fun, since they have the tendency to do so. :P

haha good luck :D

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

haha good luck :D

Yeah, the only thing is, I don't have any money, but I may get a job soon, so this may happen! I should make a YouTube video of it or something. :D

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I don't have personal experience with that but.

basing it on the name.... no

basing it on the looks..... no

basing it on the reviews..... no

basing it on the price....... HELL NO

Live your life like a dream.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

NO NO NO

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Yep. These PSU's were probably slapped together in someone's backyard.

Seriously though, you really have to watch out for bad power supplies. It powers everything in your system, a bad one could damage everything.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Alright, just spent a few hours scrounging around for info about Diablotek and their power supplies. Here's a summary.

Diablotek is an obscure Chinese company founded in 2003 according to their website. They sell cheap cases and power supplies.. Their OEMs are a couple of Chinese manufacturers, ShenZhen RuiShengYua Technology and Golden Tiger.

Diablotek lists 3 lines of power supplies on their website. All lack 80Plus certification. All have 3 year warranties. So much marketing spiel about high quality components and 105C capacitors. In reality they use low quality LCZ and BH caps in at least some of their units. The build quality is terrible.

I found two reviews and a youtube video about their units. Reviews of their units are hard to find.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/12/17/diablotek_phd650_650w_power_supply_review/3#.U39AtvmSyVc

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=187

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M5bNMdUs1w

The PHD650 delivered 310W but quickly died in the 450W test at HardOCP. The RPM1050 barely delivered 500W before exploding.

Diablotek tends to lie about a lot of their units, claiming them to me dual rail when they are actually single rail. Phaedrus doubts the components in the PHD650 would even be able to draw more than 400W.

"It has been a long time since we have seen such a useless power supply come through our review process" ~HardOCP

These aren't the worst power supplies on the market, but the rated Wattages on the box are way overinflated and the components are crap. There are apparently a lot of people using Diablotek units for HTPCs. It isn't really surprising that a 600W unit can deliver 200W or so. A Corsair CX430 is cheaper and much better quality than a 600W Diablotek unit which can only supply about 300W, so the choice is obvious.

I'm more concerned about summoning Satan himself by turning this potato on