computers on the home network

sirstroud

Hello everyone, I was able to see every computer on my network but I recently purchased a new router that I placed in my room and I'm only able to see computers on the network that are connected to the new router. The modem router is in the basement and some computers are connected directly to the modem and two computers connected to the new routers. How am I able to make it such that I can see every computer on the network?

Thanks so much!

You will have to set one of the routers (preferably not the one connected to the cable/adsl etc) to act as a switch.

Your router is setting up another network that is different than the one you are currently on. 

Turning it into a wireless switch will allow your router to be on the same network.

Look up your model, firmware etc on the internet, followed by "wireless switch" it should tell you how to do it, if the GUI on the router isn't straight forward enough.

Hello everyone, I was able to see every computer on my network but I recently purchased a new router that I placed in my room and I'm only able to see computers on the network that are connected to the new router. The modem router is in the basement and some computers are connected directly to the modem and two computers connected to the new routers. How am I able to make it such that I can see every computer on the network?

Thanks so much!

#!

Thanks for the response. I looked in the instruction manual and couldn't find what you were referring to. The model is netgear wndr3700v4 and here is the handbook http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WNDR3700V4/WNDR3700v4_UM_18Dec12.pdf

Let me know if the handbook has a solution to my problem as I'm not that tech savvy. 

Thanks!

Thanks for the help your method worked. The only remaining issue I have is that on my router I have a usb hard drive attached to it and I'm no longer able to see it on the network. The feature is called readyshare and on my router software hub I am not able to login. I have attached a picture for your conveniencerfx4qhS.png?1

try a  browser if that does not work reset it to default 

"There's no test like production!"

I can't connect to the router on the browser either. Is there anything else that I could do?

I can't connect to the router on the browser either. Is there anything else that I could do?

You doing it right going to your gateway i.e 192.168.x.x or  192.168.x.x:443 OR  192.168.x.x:8080 if that does not work reset the router and start from fresh because you have an idea of what you're doing.

"There's no test like production!"