Is the stepup from 24" 1080p to 27" 1440p noticeable?

Prodigydeadeye

Oh goodness gracious, a Mac user...

"A Mac user"...? I built my own PC, just look in my signature. I don't have anything against Mac's though, and I got the iMac 2 years ago, and that was a price without tax added, so it was quite cheap. 

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

"A Mac user"...? I built my own PC, just look in my signature. I don't have anything against Mac's though, and I got the iMac 2 years ago, and that was a price without tax added, so it was quite cheap. 

I didn't know Mac users were let on here. Carry on. I won't bother you. There is no tax on anything where I live and Mac's are still considered very expensive. If you built your own PC, why didn't you just make it a Hackintosh?

I should be studying.

I didn't know Mac users were let on here. Carry on. I won't bother you. There is no tax on anything where I live and Mac's are still considered very expensive. If you built your own PC, why didn't you just make it a Hackintosh?

In Norway there is a 25% extra cost on all items. Why should I make it a Hackintosh? I like Windows 7, man. And I've been on here way longer than you, so you shouldn't really talk.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

In Norway there is a 25% extra cost on all items. Why should I make it a Hackintosh? I like Windows 7, man. And I've been on here way longer than you, so you shouldn't really talk.

So why do you even have the Mac? It really doesn't mean anything that you have been on a forum longer than someone. 

I should be studying.

So why do you even have the Mac? It really doesn't mean anything that you have been on a forum longer than someone. 

"I don't know Mac users were let on here"? Sounds like you mean that you have more right to be on this forum than me. Why I have the Mac? Because I do photography work, and most of the Adobe programs are better optimized for Macs. + The iMac screen is actually extremely good for that type of work.

"I don't know Mac users were let on here"? Sounds like you mean that you have more right to be on this forum than me. Why I have the Mac? Because I do photography work, and most of the Adobe programs are better optimized for Macs. + The iMac screen is actually extremely good for that type of work.

It was a joke man, I didn't mean to offend you. And you can get a better monitor pretty easily that beats a Mac's screen, and you could have installed the Adobe programs on a Hackintosh... You wouldn't need two systems. Adobe's software is definitely better optimized for Macs, I will agree with you on that.

I should be studying.

It was a joke man, I didn't mean to offend you. And you can get a better monitor pretty easily that beats a Mac's screen, and you could have installed the Adobe programs on a Hackintosh... You wouldn't need two systems. Adobe's software is definitely better optimized for Macs, I will agree with you on that.

Yeah, but when I bought the iMac, I wasn't so into the whole PC building/Hackintosh thing, so that's that. I for sure won't buy an other Mac though! There's not so many monitors out there for a reasonable price that beat the iMac screen. The Dell IPS displays are really expensive and so are the Asus ones. My current PC monitor is an IPS display, but it's nothing spectacular.

A - totally not relevent to the thread

B - pointless mac hate - I still use macs/macbooks and have self built gaming systems and gaming laptops, I also use iPhone and iPad - because I like technlogy not just one specific platform - no need to be so elitist

anyway :) I don't want to argue

1440p is probably the best resoltion currently available for the GPUs currently available, 1080p is ok at 24" or smaller but once you hit 27" desktop elements are WAY too big and too pixelated, text is horrible to read and everything just sucks  - saying that gaming is OK but using your PC for regular stuff is a little blurry

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I've only used 1080p in 24" and 27" and although my friend loves his 27" 1080p monitor I do feel it looks stretched out. I'm sure it'd look insanely good with a higher resolution. I'm considering one for myself :)

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Wouldn't you get an increase in real estate just by buying a 1080p 27" though? So you just noticed a bigger screen? That hardly seems worth it does it?

Only if you get the ASUS PB278Q, thing is freakin cash, I've never seen such beautiful color reproduction, the slightly higher PPI is annoying when I want to put a window from one screen to the other.  The amount of stuff I can put on one screen is significantly higher than a 1080p monitor, I don't know how people can live without it.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Ya its very noticable!

Running a PB278Q and two 24" 1080p monitors and it's a really big difference in sharpness and so on.

My brother is running an ASUS 27" 1080p monitor and it looks quite blurry compared to the 1440p I use ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

A - totally not relevent to the thread

B - pointless mac hate - I still use macs/macbooks and have self built gaming systems and gaming laptops, I also use iPhone and iPad - because I like technlogy not just one specific platform - no need to be so elitist

anyway :) I don't want to argue

1440p is probably the best resoltion currently available for the GPUs currently available, 1080p is ok at 24" or smaller but once you hit 27" desktop elements are WAY too big and too pixelated, text is horrible to read and everything just sucks - saying that gaming is OK but using your PC for regular stuff is a little blurry

Dude its my own thread... I wanted to start a conversation if that is where it went, so be it.

I should be studying.

seen them side by side on display

24" 1080p and 27"1440p = not much diff

27" 1080p and 27" 1440p = noticable diff

AOC Q2770PQU is a 1440p 27" PLS panel just like the Asus model, even has rotate and  a usb 3 hub

in the UK it was £150 cheaper than the Asus and uses practically the same panel (cost £355)

Mine arrives today, I will be doing a review of it because there isnt much data on these around the web - ordered with blind faith

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Upgrading from a 19" 1440x900 tv to a 1080p 24" Dell IPS was a whole new world! If you can find any way for this comment to be of use for you that'd be great.

Only if you get the ASUS PB278Q, thing is freakin cash, I've never seen such beautiful color reproduction, the slightly higher PPI is annoying when I want to put a window from one screen to the other. The amount of stuff I can put on one screen is significantly higher than a 1080p monitor, I don't know how people can live without it.

Now that's what I wanted to hear :)

I should be studying.

Battlefield 4 decided to switch on me yesterday to 1080p from 1440, I could definitely tell there was difference, and this wasn't a I know it better because I know it is set at 1440, it was distinct difference in the overall appearance and sharpness.

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Wouldn't you get an increase in real estate just by buying a 1080p 27" though? So you just noticed a bigger screen? That hardly seems worth it does it?

No. More pixels means more real estate. Not more screen.

And it isn't all that noticeable in YouTube, for example, but there is more real estate, and games might look a little better. I didn't actually make the jump, but I was comparing 2 monitors at Staples, I think.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)