WD 2 TB  (green)

WD 500GB (blue)

Sapphire R9 270

Kingston HyperX 16GB 2800MHz

Cm Seidon 120V

Corsair 250D  with default 140mm fan.

Antec gold 650w

LG Bluray DVD/CD  R/RW

ASRock came with a A-tuning software that can adjust things like OC and fan speed and RAM.

OC is my intention, but since it is my work computer, I am not too keen to do it yet. However, I'm trying to make the rig as silent as possible.

I've played around with it. I'd like to know what are "safe" temperature regions for my CPU to run at, while keeping the CM fan as low as possible.

Likewise for the rest of my rig, the only other fan is the front fan that came with the case.  What are reasonable temperature levels for the RAM and etc?

Thanks.

The safest temperature for a Haswell CPU is below 80C since the threshold of the cpu is 100C. For your ram, as long as your case has good airflow, there is no need to monitor it as it doesn't get hot. For your GPU, its best to keep it below 80C but it can reach up to 90C.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

RAM, chipset etc. temps aren't so important. Since you are using AIO, you should think about setting fan to blow over chipset area to keep airflow good. In all you should add 1-2 fans since GPU needs also fresh air. For it 80C is good max temp.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv